Brexit Thread Redux

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Who gives a f**k, everything ends up where it should be in the end mate.

Surely the first step of "making it work" is looking at what just cutting all ties with the EU means? Does cutting all ties mean an end to our participation in Euratom? Europol? The ECAA? What about financial passporting? Will we need to have customs checks on all goods coming in from Europe? What about British citizens living in the EU, how will their rights be affected?

All questions that need to be answered and the consequences assesed and dealt with if we're going to make it work. And that's barely scratching the surface! Disentangling ourselves from the EU will be anything but simple, does that mean it isn't worth doing? Of course not! But we can't just shout "Brexit means Brexit. f**k the EU!" and put our heads in the sand, these issues need to be addressed.

Just crossing your fingers and assuming everything will all work out is no way to run a country or economy.

• Like 3

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, BGD said:

Surely the first step of "making it work" is looking at what just cutting all ties with the EU means? Does cutting all ties mean an end to our participation in Euratom? Europol? The ECAA? What about financial passporting? Will we need to have customs checks on all goods coming in from Europe? What about British citizens living in the EU, how will their rights be affected?

All questions that need to be answered and the consequences assesed and dealt with if we're going to make it work. And that's barely scratching the surface! Disentangling ourselves from the EU will be anything but simple, does that mean it isn't worth doing? Of course not! But we can't just shout "Brexit means Brexit. f**k the EU!" and put our heads in the sand, these issues need to be addressed.

Just crossing your fingers and assuming everything will all work out is no way to run a country or economy.

Anything is better than the direction the eu were leading us that I believe, will it cost me ? if it does il suffer it after all I've worked for it unlike the leeches the eu lefties want to keep bringing in and make me support , nah il support my own thanks  and il teach them respect and values unlike the scum that ? You guessed it labour Blair the war criminal Prescott the anti white British worker  and wanker brown  lets sell of the gold real cheap let in 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, BGD said:

If everyone just walked away from the table tomorrow guess what would happen?.........the sun would still rise in the morning and water would still come out the tap!

There would be some turmoil and after X number of months or years it would all settle to a situation that works.

That I can say with almost total certainty ! 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, WILF said:

If everyone just walked away from the table tomorrow guess what would happen?.........the sun would still rise in the morning and water would still come out the tap!

There would be some turmoil and after X number of months or years it would all settle to a situation that works.

That I can say with almost total certainty ! 

Your optimism and trust is nice to see but isn't really based in anything but blind faith is it pal. 

How will suddenly having to implement customs checks (let's ignore the fact we don't have the infrastructure or staff to effectively implement them right now leading to massive delays on imports at all ports) affect JIT manufacturing and other industries? How will the end of financial passporting affect the financial industry (the backbone of our economy, rightly or wrongly)? How will pulling out of the ECAA affect the aviation industry and all the industries that rely on it to do business? How will suddenly having to pay tariffs on imports from our largest trading partner affect industry and cost of living? What will be left of those industries after your undetermined amount of time for things to settle and just sort themselves out somehow? How many jobs will all this cost?

All very real concerns that need to be addressed and remember I'm barely scratching the surface here.

Edited by BGD
3 minutes ago, BGD said:

Your optimism and trust is nice to see but isn't really based in anything but blind faith is it pal. 

How will suddenly having to implement customs checks (let's ignore the fact we don't have the infrastructure or staff to implement them right now) affect JIT manufacturing and other industries? How will the end of financial passporting affect the financial industry (the backbone of our economy, rightly or wrongly)? How will pulling out of the ECAA affect the aviation industry and all the industries that rely on it to do business? How will suddenly having to pay tariffs on imports from our largest trading partner affect industry and cost of living? What will be left of those industries after your undetermined amount of time for things to settle and just sort themselves out somehow? How many jobs will all this cost?

All very real concerns that need to be addressed and remember I'm barely scratching the surface here.

come on bg  we will move on without the wankers its a big world out there wat will  be will be  it is wat it is as they say il find a way of bbq ing beans on toast for my family

Edited by green lurchers
12 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

come on bg  we will move on without the wankers its a big world out there wat will  be will be  it is wat it is as they say il find a way of bbq ing beans on toast for my family

I'm not saying we shouldn't leave I'm just saying there's no need to pointlessly risk economic suicide to do so....

25 minutes ago, BGD said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't leave I'm just saying there's no need to pointlessly risk economic suicide to do so....

One thing I can't get my head around is the assumption that any change is better than the status quo. I fully understand the need to change the status quo but it can always be worse.

26 minutes ago, BGD said:

You do realise the UK has been at the forefront (some would say even the inventor) of global trade for over 500 years don’t you........we are not going to turn into Bulgaria or Ireland over night.......and even if we do, who gives a f**k ?

if anything, that may be a good thing......a complete reboot of Britain.......it’s a f***ing long time overdue.

.why is everyone saying a country can’t survive without sucking at the EUs tit?

Its plainly nonsense lads.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

One thing I can't get my head around is the assumption that any change is better than the status quo. I fully understand the need to change the status quo but it can always be worse.

I think mate that there are a hell of a lot of people (me included) that do beleive any change is better than what the UK has now........it’s down the f***ing toilet pal.

I can’t even begin to explain how much 

jmho of course

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I think mate that there are a hell of a lot of people (me included) that do beleive any change is better than what the UK has now........it’s down the f***ing toilet pal.

I can’t even begin to explain how much 

jmho of course

Fair comment as always mate but change at my end was voting for the lesser of two evils and we're still figuring out whether that's the case. So far it's not playing out the way we were hoping it would. Again JMHO.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, BGD said:

Everything is focused on the  economy but the  economy  isn't what was people voted out for and the politicians from all teams just don't seem to get it infact it shows them  up for what they really are and what the really care about ...MONEY! I'm with wilf is it really a bad idea to reboot and downsize  the top 1% and the scroungers will just go to the next honey pot leaving the rest of us to crack on  rebuilding our country and putting our citizens at the front .....tbh Dave I'd have thought that concept would be right up your street 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

You do realise the UK has been at the forefront (some would say even the inventor) of global trade for over 500 years don’t you........we are not going to turn into Bulgaria or Ireland over night.......and even if we do, who gives a f**k ?

if anything, that may be a good thing......a complete reboot of Britain.......it’s a f***ing long time overdue.

.why is everyone saying a country can’t survive without sucking at the EUs tit?

Its plainly nonsense lads.

Who gives a f**k? Oh I don't know, maybe the folk who would lose their jobs and homes and struggle to put food on the table?

I pointed out just a very small number of the possible negative effects on the economy suddenly cutting all ties with no plan could have in my previous post and as for making new trade deals with other countries that takes years and requires trade negotiators we simply don't have enough of because we've relied on the EU to do that for us for so long, we'd need to build that capability from the ground up and in the meantime the economy suffers.

I'm not saying we can't survive without "sucking at the EU's tit" and you know that I'm simply saying disentangling ourselves won't be as simple as you seem to think it is and just walking away without a deal and no plan just hoping things will settle down and sort themselves out is incredibly reckless and will have far reaching negative effects on the economy and by extension people's quality of life.

Just now, ChrisJones said:

Fair comment as always mate but change at my end was voting for the lesser of two evils and we're still figuring out whether that's the case. So far it's not playing out the way we were hoping it would. Again JMHO.

Obviously I pop back to London and my old town outside London fairly regular but I have just had the family back for 5 days to see my old Mum before Christmas.

its the first time my wife has been back for 3 years and mate, I have to say it genuinely left her shocked and very upset......and she lives with me so she isn’t the sensitive type.

The place is pure destroyed, the atmosphere is f***ing terrible, people look sad and used up........my old town is an empty husk of it’s former self.

London is he same, I was born and brought up there and I f***ing detest it.

The people who have come to live there don’t give a f**k about community or society, they have no pride in the area or the country, they are little more than animals and the people left who’s families have been there for generations are exploited for their hard earned cash so that they can barely survive and keep a roof over their own kids head.

Empty shops, empty pups, empty people with empty souls who feel no empathy or connection with the place they live......they may as well live on the local tip for all they give a shit !

The whole vibe is f***ing hideous......welcome to southern England 2017 ! 

Anything is better than that !

24 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The grass is always greener on the far side of the fence Chris. Far away hill syndrome.

6 minutes ago, kanny said:

Everything is focused on the  economy but the  economy  isn't what was people voted out for and the politicians from all teams just don't seem to get it infact it shows them  up for what they really are and what the really care about ...MONEY! I'm with wilf is it really a bad idea to reboot and downsize  the top 1% and the scroungers will just go to the next honey pot leaving the rest of us to crack on  rebuilding our country and putting our citizens at the front .....tbh Dave I'd have thought that concept would be right up your street 

Seeing folk losing their jobs and struggling to put food on the table for years while we try and rebuild would be right up my street? :huh: Erm, no.

Make no mistake it wouldn't be the "1%" that suffers it'd be the average working man.