Doubling up?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think theyll either do it or they wont why let them be carried by an older dog.

Grab the fox and bite it's neck to show it what to do. If the dog doesn't copy kick the shit out of it. If that doesn't work sell it and buy another one.   

No

26 minutes ago, polonose00 said:

iv never understood how dogs see fox as a natural quarry, without any training, even non working pets

is it something they pick up in the scent? or in their genes?

Wolves kill fox and coyotes i watched something once where im sure the wolves came off a dead elk or similar to kill the fox.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, C.green said:

Wolves kill fox and coyotes i watched something once where im sure the wolves came off a dead elk or similar to kill the fox.

but isnt that more about territory and food, is the average pet dog worried about having his pedigree mixers stolen by mr fox?

i suppose it could be the same thing just in their genes to get rid of the fox and something that could be taking up their food sources

Its not just foxes,I've seen a pack of pigdogs kill a pack of wild dogs,pups and all,whereas they often bumped into other pigdogs in the pines and ignored them.I think its about them not being domesticated.A lot of dogs are fine with chickens but will kill a pen full of pheasants.

3 hours ago, polonose00 said:

good theory

most dogs see  a fox as they do a cat, and any dog not will go for a cat , if not trained to leave them. regards foxes its as ways a gamble  when you double up 2 dogs, more so if  one dog never encountered them  , because you can never  know  where  the dog will grab the fox, some dogs  will just strike anywhere on the fox to grab it , if in the gut leg etc, the  other dog then  could get it in the face  deff, seen lot of times. Best thing wait till dog  or bitch   is maturing  in the head , you can tell when they lost there daft puppy stage , then slip it on a fox better solo really, then you know it it like the job or not, they no doubt about 2 dog wills catch a fox if they run them few times  together ,  it as simple as that mate .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1