Border collie

wasn't sure we're this thread should go lurchers or bushing but here goes,anyone ever used a border collie for what would normally be a lurchers job? I've not much first hand experience with collies apart from seeing a few as beating dogs and they were very good at it,I've owned a beardie/border X greyhound good dog but 26 tts is abit to big for what I want plus he was forever lame, I thought a good collie would catch a few rabbits in the lamp and be a entertaining daytime hunter as well as being tough & nobody would give you a second look.

• Like 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a dog many years ago who was predominately collie , the rest whippet greyhound  I took that old dog everywhere, as in everywhere, he would wait on me at school and we’d go out, if I was pla

Litter brother to Sesku’s bitch...3/8ths greyhound 5/8ths collie...

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

I'm not an hancock lover but there plenty  of people  selling  lurchers for round about the same price has him and for dogs that u don't know what is in them

There is that plenty people wanting £300 plus for lurchers especially beddy or beardie x whippets

an plenty lying about dogs breeding

i assume that it's a guaranteed collie x lurcher is what keeps them in business 

20 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

I had a beardie x border collie bitch, ugliest dog I ever saw but could work sheep in the day and go rabbiting at night...poor bugger went on the m1 this bonfire night ?

image.jpg

Sorry here about your dog ptd87 bonfire night is a pain in the arse,could he catch rabbits in the lamp & during the day? Did you buy him from David Hancock ? Cheers.