Facts thought it was common knowledge the catholic church see all forms of contraception as sinfull.

Maybe its just fake news eh.

@wilf despite what francie likes to think i do not salivate over abortion nor do i think its a good thing. As i said its a horrible practise, but imo in some cases the best option and being a man idont envy the women whi have had to make that decision. It must be a real life changing act.

• Like 1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should be a free choice. Too many unwanted kids in the world anyway........that go on to suffer the worst abuse you can imagine. Some of those kids would of been better off not being born at all...

bit bored ? I very much doubt you would pose this question to a room full of strangers so why should you think it's ok from behind your keyboard, I expect amongst your invisible audience there are peo

Why should someone tell another person what they can or cant do just because they disagree with something

Posted Images

There has to be a facilty available even if its simply for the small number of '' little girls'' under 15's as an example , they wouldnt have been mentally mature enough to consent to sex.

Also there is a small percentage of women with cancer who terminated , assume because they needed to start one of the aggressive cancer treatments , lets not go back to the days when you downed a bottle of gin in the bath or chucked yourself down the stairs

Most sensible answer yet :thumbs:

The repeat abortion women were probaly catholics who consider contraception a sin.

I mean just goes to show how dangerous and idiotic religious preachings are.

and bare no responsibility for the aftermath of there bullshit.

Do you know your fundemental atheistic ramblings about catholics are getting tedious now.

Get over it scot.

Have you any facts to back up your ramblings about catholics.

http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/catholic/2001/01/the-catholic-abortion-paradox.aspx

Have you read that link, over half of the pregnancys the women used contraception, so that figure is halfed, this no way proves scots ridiclous claim that the girls in england an wales were catholics that had two abortions ffs

Oh come 8n francie this is no longer a debate. Its turned into borderline fanaticism.

no one side is prepared to sway the other. We get it you disagree lots of shit things happen in this world. Abortion is just another dark side of the world we live in. Yes 8tsa nasty business but as i said its there cchoice and you or i dont know the circumstances they face. Yes it will be abused by some women/couples. What do yoh suggest to stop it? Forced sterlisation?

Exactly! Let's throw some shocking facts & analogy's to get an emotional response.....

Get out with your leaflets folks, you won't win the war on here!

But your response should be emotional.......what else can it be ?

I'm doing my bit, I'm here telling you exactly what you are advocating but you don't seem to like it.........why don't you like it?........is it the cutting up kids bit or the fact I'm telling you about it. ?

Yep, people can use abortion irresponsibly, just like cars & guns.......

Yes but unlike cars and guns the act of abortion itself violates the 'harm principle'. Owning cars and guns doesn't in itself. The two aren't directly comparable imo.

Essentially we have laws which prohibit an action that in itself is considered immoral because they are directly harmful to an innocent party (assault, murder, rape, theft etc) and we have laws which prohibit actions that can easily be abused and lead to such a immoral crime/harm, they're what I call preventative laws/crimes rather than moral ones.

We have laws to ensure abortion is done responsibly. Abortion is legal under those circumstances. Sometimes it will be abused.........

But it's nothing at all like owning cars or guns. Owning a car isn't harming anybody. The act of aborting a unborn child fits the literal definition of the harm principle which we base our law on. Just because in certain circumstances we consider such a violation of our principles to be the lesser evil is neither here nor there. The two are totally different.

Not to mention those 70'000 non first timers have fulfilled the legal requirement. They haven't abused anything legally.

Fcuking yaaawwwwwn! You know I what was trying to say! Ffs Hahaha... Abortion can be used responsibly & irresponsibly. Some fcukwits should just never own a car or gun, just like some people are irresponsible & reckless with their bodies & abortion....
So you cant see the difference in a piece of metal an a human baby, ffs accip
No, no difference at all mate...........I liken those foetuses to a garden rake
You my friend are a slabber, plain an simple.
Francie, you asked a fcuking stupid question, I gave you fcuking stupid answer! Get your head out your arse mate. I'm not going to give a sensible answer to such a retarded statement......

Dont be back tracking now, you already made the comparison with born.

I'm not backtracking fcuk all. I'm pro choice! Pro choice! pro choice!.......loud & fcuking proud mate ;-)You asked a fcuking dumb question, simple as that mate, so you get a dumb response....

Have you got anything sensible to ask?

Before i asked i knew the answer, but dont be trying to twist it, you made the comparison, i was double checking.

That's a no then? Just more of your paranoid drivel?

The repeat abortion women were probaly catholics who consider contraception a sin.

I mean just goes to show how dangerous and idiotic religious preachings are.

and bare no responsibility for the aftermath of there bullshit.

Do you know your fundemental atheistic ramblings about catholics are getting tedious now.

Get over it scot.

Have you any facts to back up your ramblings about catholics.

http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/catholic/2001/01/the-catholic-abortion-paradox.aspx
Have you read that link, over half of the pregnancys the women used contraception, so that figure is halfed, this no way proves scots ridiclous claim that the girls in england an wales were catholics that had two abortions ffs
I just liked the line 'catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely to have an abortion than their protestant counterparts' Edited by daveee88

Facts thought it was common knowledge the catholic church see all forms of contraception as sinfull.

Maybe its just fake news eh.

@wilf despite what francie likes to think i do not salivate over abortion nor do i think its a good thing. As i said its a horrible practise, but imo in some cases the best option and being a man idont envy the women whi have had to make that decision. It must be a real life changing act.

Naw scot, its true but that dont mean it was catholic women who had two abortions in england an wales, does it, so your wrong pal.

Oh come 8n francie this is no longer a debate. Its turned into borderline fanaticism.

no one side is prepared to sway the other. We get it you disagree lots of shit things happen in this world. Abortion is just another dark side of the world we live in. Yes 8tsa nasty business but as i said its there cchoice and you or i dont know the circumstances they face. Yes it will be abused by some women/couples. What do yoh suggest to stop it? Forced sterlisation?

Exactly! Let's throw some shocking facts & analogy's to get an emotional response.....

I'm doing my bit, I'm here telling you exactly what you are advocating but you don't seem to like it.........why don't you like it?........is it the cutting up kids bit or the fact I'm telling you about it. ?

I wouldn't be too smug about it mate. It weren't that long ago you were saying you couldn't give a fcuk about some kids burning to death in a high rise, because they were black. Your conscience was clear then & mine is now........

• Like 1

Honest question Francie and apologies if you've answered it before but have you ever come on here and admitted that shit does go on behind church doors and that your religion isn't infallible?

Edited by daveee88

Honest question Francie and apologies if you've answered it before but have you ever come on here and admitted that shit does go on behind church doors and that your religion isn't infallible?

Yes he has, and so has Wilf. Both are decent men with morals and their own opinions away from their religions.

Religion should have no bearing on an opinion over terminations, there are to many reasons for terminations for any individual to say what is right or wrong for another person.

• Like 2

Yes he has, and so has Wilf. Both are decent men with morals and their own opinions away from their religions.

Religion should have no bearing on an opinion over terminations, there are to many reasons for terminations for any individual to say what is right or wrong for another person.

As i say apologies to him if he has...i totally agree with you but according to Francie only 2% of abortions are justifiable and thats just a load of bollocks Edited by daveee88

I wouldn't be too smug about it mate. It weren't that long ago you were saying you couldn't give a fcuk about some kids burning to death in a high rise, because they were black. Your conscience was clear then & mine is now........

I wasn't being smug mate, just stating the obvious.

What I actually said about the high rise is that I found it hard to find sympathy but let's not split hairs you are basically correct.

I don't have a clean phrase to hide behind and you do, that's the only difference.

I wasn't being smug mate, just stating the obvious.

What I actually said about the high rise is that I found it hard to find sympathy but let's not split hairs you are basically correct.

I don't have a clean phrase to hide behind and you do, that's the only difference.

Don't think for one moment I'm trying to be morally superior, because I know I'm not.

It might sound brutal, but personally I care more for the born than unborn. It might be morally simplistic, but that's where I am. It might not sound like it, but I do have a lot of respect for your opinion on this (apart from child rape analogy's!) it's just not mine.

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

Jesus f***ing christ!

Repeat abortions
Thirty-eight per cent of abortions in 2016 were to women who had had one or more previous abortions, the same proportion as in 2015.
So that's 70'000 of 185'000 that are not their first time.......

thats exactly what i was getting at when starting this thread.

a lot of women use it as contraception.

some woman has had as many as 13.