Never Thought The Day Would Come

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cant do the travelling lads,my lady aged 72 isn't as fit as me, practically housebound, as said before, I do the lot here , y7ou name it, I do it, and pleased do do so, im up early, get stuff done, th

Well, if the Operatives are using Gas,...it won't be Cymag,..and on a large warren,..the Phostoxin/Talunex tabs are an extremely expensive way of going about things. I would also question their effec

The lads that are moaning about only catching a couple off a place because the numbers are so low just think how low they'll be after you've killed the last couple of breeding stock that could have re

Posted Images

I know it's not everyone but some gun owners should take a look at themselves too. A few years ago I had a couple of permissions wiped clean of rabbits by guys with air rifles that spent all summer sitting 50 yards from the warrens of an evening and shooting everything that came out. Lamping with a dog is nowhere near as efficient ( especially if they are anything like mine..lol) and you're never going to completely wipe them out, ferreting the same, but rifles are deadly.

• Like 3

The lads that are moaning about only catching a couple off a place because the numbers are so low just think how low they'll be after you've killed the last couple of breeding stock that could have replenished the numbers, they need leaving alone but people cant help themselves.

• Like 5

Ithink i have the best land in Leicestershire [ and a lot of it] also i have two blocks of land in Linconshire which amount to over 6 thousand acres, in the past i was limited to what i caught because i only had a market for a bout 80 a week , this year there is almost nothing , this morning i set a few snares on the side of main rail line which is always been good for a few and was looking very good at the end August and found it had been strimmed and gassed by BR something they have never done before in this area, i have had land in the past that bordered BR and that has been gassed but always in the spring when the cover is down .

A couple of shots of the line , not as good as i hoped but there is two miles of this mainly bracken and masses of blackberryall been strimmed and gassed , i used to lamp this in the 60s and it was top draw ,very fast land but if the dog knocked the rabbit off its run ,it was curtains, i was just going to snare it this season so we see what is there in the morning.

Do you mean Network Rail mate BR is a thing of the past and as far as I know NR do not gas the bunnies and it looks like its been sprayed with weed killer

No, it has been cut and the holes have been filled and the rabbits are not there so i assume it has been gassed two years ago i cleared rabbits at Flash Farm Narborough on the Leicester to Brum line that was gassed all the way out to Croft..

Do you know the flash farm owners Micky? I have a bit of tenuous connection. I'm always up walking round croft hill if you ever fancy a mooch. My bitch always pushes few bunnies out never seems to catch though

I know all the Land owners in that area and at one time i went to Croft a lot , it was a brilliant place for snaring and trapping and i used to do well . .I lived on Ratby Meadow Lane and was spoilt for rabbiting there , i don' think here are many there now days but in the ten years i lived there i caught plenty, these pictures were taken in the field the new brewery is being built in .

post-4256-0-35122000-1506877056_thumb.jpg

post-4256-0-98766200-1506877235_thumb.jpg

post-4256-0-09993200-1506877413_thumb.jpg

After having a look at my hunting spots this year iv decided to call it quits. Last dose of myxi wiped virtually everything. I had an island with a population of a few thousand rabbits on it, cant find one on it now and any of my other spots theres only one here and there. Il keep the dog for now but Im getting rid of most my ferrets. I'll be done for a good while by the looks of it.

My mates got a perm that I can go on with him so thats the only odd bit of ferreting il be doing. Couple of hours driving each way to it. I dont have the time for the traveling hours nowadays. Family and work commitments. I got new permissions this year but they got hit too, again they were 2 hours drive away.

I know all the Land owners in that area and at one time i went to Croft a lot , it was a brilliant place for snaring and trapping and i used to do well . .I lived on Ratby Meadow Lane and was spoilt for rabbiting there , i don' think here are many there now days but in the ten years i lived there i caught plenty, these pictures were taken in the field the new brewery is being built in .

Loads of birds on that site fencing last week and bizarrely one massive bird of prey on it too! Had to double take. Croft hill still got a few in amongst the bramble

must be a shame having running dogs and not being to run them ,ive been out tonight and ran my dog to a standstill ,i could of ran all 4 of my dogs hard tonight , poor dog is fu,ked , seen plenty rabbits ,hares ,deer ,fox , the rabbits were all clean ,i do hope my land stays clear of that sh.t but if it does i will travel to give my dogs a good run , no wonder theres fuk all on some land with people snaring every run then shooting the fuk out of them and ferriting the same sets week in week out ,poor rabbits don't have a chance ,easy to blame mixi and what ever else but theres been mixi about for years ,its more about doing the same land week in and week out ,time to put the miles in and find new land or call your dogs pets lol ,atb bobza

• Like 1