Saluki Greyhound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theres realms of topics done on this ,,ive had a few over the years,and tbh,ive never had a real bad experience with them,i had one I bought in at 9 months old that would fuk off anytime it felt like

sire to my pup BIG REGGIE     4 MONTHS OLD AND 21 TTS..hoping he will be a good one

fast dogs with good mouths can kill quick, I know cos ive had em, I also know that it is not long beffore they run out of steam, recovery might be ok 1 or 2 runs,then it gets tough, right so far, on t

Posted Images

get one with a decent jacket on it, some of 'em make whippets look like arctic warriors

+1 no fat, very lean muscle and thin coat mine feels the cold. Might be ok with an older saluki x if it lived inside and was with the owner most of the day. Would be worried that an older dog might not get that bond with the owner they need living outside. Got mine as a 5 month old and she was an absolute fecker for the first year or so, but turned a corner and surprisingly obedient and willing to work with me now (with me more or less 24/7)

A bad workman blames his or her tools, I've never had a problem with recall or obedience of Salukis or crossbreeds.

Most Salukis go through a rebellious stage between eight-twelve months old and can Carry on until nearly two. A competent dog person would know this and then make allowances, sadly some people will never learn and keep bad mouthing certain crosses because they don't have the common sense or patience.

If you are patient you can get the best from any dog, but more importantly is getting the right dog for the land you work, there's no point having a little whippet cross if you are running fen land. If you can get a puppy and learn all you can.

Good luck

• Like 3