2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

But the sheep are there and their behaviour is one of the things that you have to take into consideration when forming an opinion. The picture is not clear. You can get an impression of size, shape and gait from it, plus a vague idea of tone or colour. At best you can dismiss what it clearly isn't, but you can't say what it clearly is. 

But the sheep's reaction is clear and sheep don't behave like that when there is a threat. So for me the animal is either one of their own kind or something they have become accustomed to that does not normally interfere with their lives.

You don’t think the movement & shape looks feline/lynx like at all? much more goat like?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is it the grey pixelated smudge moving behind the sheep I'm msnt to be looking at? Serious question as I have no clue going from the above posts?

Really mate? It’s clear enough on my iPad. It’s clearly a lynx or a goat 

41 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

You don’t think the movement & shape looks feline/lynx like at all? much more goat like?

Sigh! :rolleyes:

If the animal was as clearly distinguishable as you think it is there would be no need for debate on here. As I said before,it is easier to discount what it isn't and it clearly isn't a predator from the sheep's reactions. There are two sheep happily grazing just yards from it.  It also looks to be grey and doesn't seem to be feline in its movement in my opinion.

But, if you want to believe that a grey smudge is a lynx, then go ahead. Believe all you want. For all I know it could be Rudolph videoed by Santa as a prank.

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is it the grey pixelated smudge moving behind the sheep I'm msnt to be looking at? Serious question as I have no clue going from the above posts?

That's all I can see

11 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Sigh! :rolleyes:

If the animal was as clearly distinguishable as you think it is there would be no need for debate on here. As I said before,it is easier to discount what it isn't and it clearly isn't a predator from the sheep's reactions. There are two sheep happily grazing just yards from it.  It also looks to be grey and doesn't seem to be feline in its movement in my opinion.

But, if you want to believe that a grey smudge is a lynx, then go ahead. Believe all you want. For all I know it could be Rudolph videoed by Santa as a prank.

Sorry mate is it time for your nap?

Its not that I really want to believe it any more than I can't believe it based on preconceived bias. I just like to keep an open mind & to me the movement looks like this, a lynx.

But I'm sure you must be right 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MH1 said:

That's all I can see

Even nice pix can see it's a goat, so it must be your screens

Any other ideas folks? Bob tailed dog, baby giraffe or man on all fours? ?

Just now, Accip74 said:

Sorry mate is it time for your nap?

Its not that I really want to believe it any more than I can't believe it based on preconceived bias. I just like to keep an open mind & to me the movement looks like this, a lynx.

But I'm sure you must be right

Well, until we have a body or clear proof I don't really see how you can form the opinion that you have based on such a poor video?

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

But the sheep are there and their behaviour is one of the things that you have to take into consideration when forming an opinion. The picture is not clear. You can get an impression of size, shape and gait from it, plus a vague idea of tone or colour. At best you can dismiss what it clearly isn't, but you can't say what it clearly is. 

But the sheep's reaction is clear and sheep don't behave like that when there is a threat. So for me the animal is either one of their own kind or something they have become accustomed to that does not normally interfere with their lives.

Not coming down on either side of this one but there are cases the world over of cats walking right in among a flock of sheep, pigs even dogs and taking one before they even no it’s there, have a listen to the podcast we’re the sheepfarmer had one killed and eaten in his yard at night, when all the house windows were open and there was a sheepdog and gundog that both slept through it all, these are a bit a a rarity but had a couple of foals recently ??

EEC150D9-5D49-4F8B-94B8-E02AAAAD051D.png

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not coming down on either side of this one but there are cases the world over of cats walking right in among a flock of sheep, pigs even dogs and taking one before they even no it’s there, have a listen to the podcast we’re the sheepfarmer had one killed and eaten in his yard at night, when all the house windows were open and there was a sheepdog and gundog that both slept through it all, these are a bit a a rarity but had a couple of foals recently ??

EEC150D9-5D49-4F8B-94B8-E02AAAAD051D.png

I have heard of this in respect of sleeping animals, but I still cannot believe that those sheep totally ignored a large predator walking amongst them. And until there is more proof I tend to err on the side of it not being a predator.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Shame the bloke didn't try and chase it to get and definite image !

Or even just look for a pugmark, even a grainy video has much more clout if you can find a footprint to support your claim, these were taken by a member on here after seeing a cat at night he went back in the morning and took these, makes it harder to say he,s wrong ?

59E223A0-C6BA-4BCD-9685-5DCA4153CBC5.jpeg

461CAC44-8805-406C-AD59-2929D5738BDD.jpeg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I have heard of this in respect of sleeping animals, but I still cannot believe that those sheep totally ignored a large predator walking amongst them. And until there is more proof I tend to err on the side of it not being a predator.

Question everything mate only a fool takes others word as gospel ?

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic