10 minutes ago, mackem said:

?

It’s beyond debate years ago for me mate, many more will be debating it long after I,m gone as I,ve said a clear picture means nothing and many people enjoy to argue more than the subject so it will never be put to bed unless the powers that be allow you to believe it and there’s only a very slow amount of debate and acceptance coming from those quarters ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, shaaark said:

2014, about 50 ish miles from us, Dc?

I was shown a  couple of pictures of a large cat on the back of a single cab red Hilux...it's nose was touching the front and it's tail was hanging out down over the tailgate....lads I know lit it up few weeks before out lamping,dogs ran up to it...came back, wouldn't go again,they went back told the farmer ...his words was...It's for real,there was a load of CCTV footage of it caught in his yard,jumping a wall when it sets off a security light that's a good 3)4 metres off the ground...it was shot and he burnt it....I've had an interest ever since?few yrs back,3 sets of prints( adult and 2 cubs) was found in the snow around the storey arms....quite a few sightings around there and up on the ranges?

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I was shown a  couple of pictures of a large cat 

Would you personally say it was a leopard or panther Dan,if not what did it look like to you?what did the person showing you the pic say he thought it was?

16 minutes ago, mackem said:

Would you personally say it was a leopard or panther Dan,if not what did it look like to you?what did the person showing you the pic say he thought it was?

Sorry to be pedantic but a panther is just a black cat so a black leopard is a panther likewise the jaguar if that makes sense 

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sorry to be pedantic but a panther is just a black cat so a black leopard is a panther likewise the jaguar if that makes sense 

I know,I know enough about felids,but I was eating,FaceTiming someone in the states,and reading this,multitasking ? the thing is Dan is someone credible,no skin in the game one way or the other,it would be interesting to get a genuine first hand account and be able to examine the pic.

Edited by mackem

I see my name was brought up in the discussion Greyman .Well I  think you know that I’ll be the first to state exactly what it is in the footage whether it sits well with yourself or not .Hopefully footage is date stamped .

Ive literally seen thousands of animals in the thermal including cats so no stranger to it .

What strikes me though is your blatant need to belittle others who don’t share your obvious need to WANT them to be there .

For me ,as a balanced outdoors man ,I find the idea ridiculous but at the same time ,just one decent video ,date stamped would go along way to change my mind in knowing that at least one person knows what a large cat looks like .
The cloak and dagger ,almost amateur approach by yourself and your mentors dosnt help one bit in YOUR quest to convert us ,which you will deny ,whilst at the same time acting the victim and just being the messenger .

If I thought the same as you and had the so called proof Im dammed if I’d be putting it on here for all and sundry to take the piss but you seem oblivious to that  and keep posting crap that anyone with a lifetime of the outdoors can see through a mile away .

Isn’t it about time we all saw irrefutable proof that real countrymen can take as gospel without the shite stuff we’ve been fed thus far .

I look forward to that footage on the podcast Paul .

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Paul .

Out of interest Tim why do you feel the need to use people's real names Tim? If people wanted to use their real names Tim them they would use them instead of usernames wouldn't they Tim?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, gnipper said:

Out of interest Tim why do you feel the need to use people's real names Tim? If people wanted to use their real names Tim them they would use them instead of usernames wouldn't they Tim?

I asked him that a few weeks ago and he called me a fagot!!? 

I wonder if Timmy's surname is Mallett?? He can't resist coming on here though and trying to stir things up!!

Screenshot_20221111-172718_Chrome-01.jpeg.b393535e6b1032c83981a7e32adc37dd.jpeg

• Haha 8
18 hours ago, Greyman said:

The big flaw in that Avenue is how an animal behaves when it escapes captivity as opposed to one that is naturalised, the borath lynx that escaped last year or so killed 7 sheep in very short time, and was caught on camera more than once it killed more than it would need and more than one that has a territory would take, a deer or a sheep will last a native cat a week, it’s why they were much more obvious in the 80s as they simply were not blending in and were adapting on the go but naturalised offspring are taught the pitfalls and challenges by there parents so are less lightly to be seen today ?

C08B087C-B741-4750-B2D4-01778E0BEEAD.jpeg

I think that they were more obvious in the 80's because there were a higher number of recent releases over a short space of time around the date of the legislation. Latterly any escapees or releases would be much lower and more random.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Latterly any escapees or releases 

If any, I really cannot see leopards released in the UK countryside this century,yes I know people do all sorts of odd things but C'mon, there's one self acclaimed big cat expert puts the UK big cat population at around 1000 ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rick Minter tells us which towns are at risk. 

WWW-THESUN-CO-UK.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

JUST when you thought it was safe to go back in the woods… a fresh wave of big cat sightings...

• paulus locked this topic