On 04/01/2020 at 15:53, Greyman said:

Couple from just before Christmas from were it all began on Bodmin moor,  so either the beast of Bodmin is now getting to around 50 years old or we have to accept it has bred successfully and the offspring are doing ok and naturalising,  both these would probably just be accepted as cat kills if they were found in India or the USA just from the one bite strangle marks on the first victim and the fact the stomach content of the second one has been moved to one side to allow the other organs that are rich in what a cat needs to be consumed, the first sheep was not consumed as I believe the animal was probably disturbed by the farmer as he came to check his sheep, ???

8521D7C5-1F69-4BD7-A384-F6F7A42CA7B9.jpeg

1BC2DD43-3459-4BB7-A9FE-94BE79269573.jpeg

C3B32104-B2A6-4C2E-AE1E-B4E9629A5796.jpeg

EF3D0FD5-5005-4ED6-8A06-4CB11D9698B9.jpeg

My dogs do that to hold carcass....and even if it is a big cat.....don't mean it's the progeny of the beast of bodmin ...could be a more recent escape

• Confused 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

can remember watching a tv programme about a bloke who us to walk his pet lions and tigers round the streets of Ireland 

You wouldn't know where to find a link to that.

Atb j 

Just now, keepdiggin said:

going back year's im afriad mate

I will look around to see if I can get it. Wouldn't get away with it today. They have fits if they see a staff or a apbt, never mind a loin or any big cat.

Atb j 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

looks like its been put there mate by somebody imo how would the leopard eat its prey in the position that its in.

im a believer by the way ?ive seen one back in 1998?

My first thought as well mate but on the flip side there was an eaten out one in the field nearby, ??? Would love to be able to go to all these spots as soon as you hear about these things, would be really easy to prove or disprove it if you could get there in 24hrs or so should be some claw marks maybe even a sheath in the bark and should be a reasonable impression on the ground if it jumped down again sadly life gets in the way ✌️✌️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

My dogs do that to hold carcass....and even if it is a big cat.....don't mean it's the progeny of the beast of bodmin ...could be a more recent escape

Laws and security around owning any exotic pet have changed and tightened up considerably since the 1980s mate folk can’t just lose a leopard and not tell anyone, the only way would be if it were smuggled in and kept illegally then lost but speaking with the farmer that owns these sheep I would say the cat is a very naturalised animal as apposed to an escapee, there is a massive difference in behaviour, this one has struck twice and moved on which is pretty normal a released or escaped animal will hang around, have a listen to the podcast from Spain were someone released one near a blokes house it stayed there for several years,I also get to see dozens of dog attacks on sheep a year and have never once seen one were a dog has killed a sheep with one clamp bite over the wind pipe, dogs make a lot more mess when killing sheep as anyone who keeps sheep will tell you, the reactions from the rest of the flock are also a give away if a dog has been at them, were as a cat will take one and leave the rest pretty stress free, if you keep following the thread I can almost guarantee you the same thing will happen in the same place at the same time of year, next year when the cat returns, hopefully maybe even with a piccy as I’m hoping to get cams up a month ahead so keep watching ? should maybe of added this pic as well be very surprised if your dog does this ?

A1B9B353-492A-4EDF-B653-AB75A1688614.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, jetro said:

Ffs me father wasn't even born back then haha, it was a fella called dee dee o drisscoll they said he used to threats of getting people eating by them if they didn't pay up what they owed, it was mid to early 90s pal, far as I know plod took them or something 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic