Nebraska Coyote Hound

Just to add I understand that coyote must be a hell of a challenge for dogs,but most dogs will have a go at challenging quarry when 3 handed.

my question would be,would any of those dogs in the video show bravery single handed on ANY biting quarry ,USA, UK or otherwise.

No way of knowing without trying. Dan Edwards rejects dogs if they're no good for coyote but I doubt if many dogs bred from working coyote dogs would jack on fox for instance.
like you say no way of knowing,but cowardice is cowardice and without having backup I'm sure it would show sooner . But my judgment is only on dogs in the videos ,and seeing dogs I've seen ,but who knows.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one from the other Dan.   Here's my biggest male. Duce is 28" (71.12 cm) @ 100# (45.35 kg.). He moves and bounces around like a dang terrier. He's got a good turn on him for a big brute.

Not many people take video of encounters with bears. We still have to be somewhat careful of public opinion. The lessons learned from watching the UK loose so much in the way of dogging critters was

This was the Stitch dog that Andy Rocks gave me. I could never thank him enough for that. What a dog! Taught me what to look for in a good one.

Posted Images

Just to add I understand that coyote must be a hell of a challenge for dogs,but most dogs will have a go at challenging quarry when 3 handed.

my question would be,would any of those dogs in the video show bravery single handed on ANY biting quarry ,USA, UK or otherwise.

No way of knowing without trying. Dan Edwards rejects dogs if they're no good for coyote but I doubt if many dogs bred from working coyote dogs would jack on fox for instance.
like you say no way of knowing,but cowardice is cowardice and without having backup I'm sure it would show sooner . But my judgment is only on dogs in the videos ,and seeing dogs I've seen ,but who knows.

Them dogs are shit lol

• Like 1

Don't know much about this subject..but from what I've just seen on that video... I would have to say that those 3 dogs are Fekking useless.

If Coyote was my quarry and those dogs were my team... I would buy a gun. . . I don't see anything I would call sport in that video. All I see is cruelty and suffering in a long drawn out torturous spectacle.

Well, that wasn't the cleanest catch, to say the least. All that being said, some of the older males are not to easy to hold much less kill. From the looks of it, that was one of them. They are very tough and good fighters and it takes a lot of dog to keep getting inch long fangs pressed into it's face and other parts to stay on one like that. Better to have waited until you've run a few of the 45-55 pounders to talk about shooting dogs for that performance...it ain't easy.

We can all post about what that vid portrays but on these shores we have no idea about what a Coyote offers as a quarry species and how difficult a beast it is to bring to task.Id expect more from lesser dogs though,those dogs made more effort to get in a queue than they took at the coal face,time after time those mutts looked for assistance and id have culled the 3 of them if Coyote was their purpose.A piss poor reflection of the jukels and the way they are entered.

Aint single handed. Slip run catch kill yote dogs like rocking horse shit. I can remember the hard ons that stitch dog a dan edwards used to cause because he was a single handed dog, but even dan run him an his offspring doubled an trebled up for results, didnt that stitch dog come off rocks? I talk to rocks now an again about pigeons haha ill ask him how common he thinks single handed yote dogs are

• Like 1

A lot of people criticising the dogs there. I wonder how many of those criticising have any experience of running coyote?

Virtually none of us,yet if i bred a Coyote hound,hunted a Coyote hound,posted vids of the exploits of a Coyote hound id want to view a Coyote hound dealing with a Coyote.All i witnessed where 3 large powerful mutts getting bossed about and taking their time getting out of a reverse gear,it was shambolic,shameful and the Coyote deserved better.

Any single handed dog is hard to find, in the uk less and less people are out hunting on a regular basis like they used to be so single handed dogs are becoming harder to come across. What % of stags do take coyotes single handed Dan if you dont mind me asking.

Any single handed dog is hard to find, in the uk less and less people are out hunting on a regular basis like they used to be so single handed dogs are becoming harder to come across. What % of stags do take coyotes single handed Dan if you dont mind me asking.

Deffo mate foxing aint my thing, never has been. But ammount a so called foxing lurchers iv seen struggle or make a meal of a tiny fox is amazing, and thats even bullx included haha

My criticism wasn't so much that they ran trebled up it was the fact that even being trebled up ,they still Showed little heart.

Also the fact he done the video like a public relations film and made a poor case for his sport.

No no i get that mate, i wasnt havin a pop just sayin, i spoke to dan loads on here an other site few years back an remember that stitch dog well, lots of real good men over thete rated the dog an im sure not many are single handed, i aint even watched the video yet tbh haha so if they shit they shit, no excuses haha but i think its a lot harder for them to have single handed yote dogs than us to have single hangle handed dogs over here.