Nebraska Coyote Hound

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one from the other Dan.   Here's my biggest male. Duce is 28" (71.12 cm) @ 100# (45.35 kg.). He moves and bounces around like a dang terrier. He's got a good turn on him for a big brute.

Not many people take video of encounters with bears. We still have to be somewhat careful of public opinion. The lessons learned from watching the UK loose so much in the way of dogging critters was

This was the Stitch dog that Andy Rocks gave me. I could never thank him enough for that. What a dog! Taught me what to look for in a good one.

Posted Images

Ted Walsh always said the best hunting dog he ever saw was a Nebraska coyote dog called Sport.A big black rough haired dog,there was a photo of him in one of Ted`s books.

and M.H. Dutch Salmon. another good writer on american staghounds , both said the above dog was hell of a tough dog killed alot yotes solo . prob now the breed lines have this big dogs in there veins . i reckon you have ask Dan on here regards them. t hink keep some big stags today, but i think when they get to big/heavy from what he says , they dont catch as many yotes , being to slow loosing pace and agility , dan the man to ask . !!

• Like 1

There's a sale/race (there are several around the country but this is the largest) in Holdrege, Nebraska every fall around the first weekend in Oct. where you can go and see as many as 400+ staghounds. Of that 400 about 98% of them are for sale. I've been to the sale twice and I was very impressed that nearly all of the dogs there were in good health and most were in decent shape. A man could go there with a pocket full of money and take his pick. It's also a fun weekend with a race at the end.

• Like 1

There's a sale/race (there are several around the country but this is the largest) in Holdrege, Nebraska every fall around the first weekend in Oct. where you can go and see as many as 400+ staghounds. Of that 400 about 98% of them are for sale. I've been to the sale twice and I was very impressed that nearly all of the dogs there were in good health and most were in decent shape. A man could go there with a pocket full of money and take his pick. It's also a fun weekend with a race at the end.

Any around November or December,anywhere in the states?

Any around November or December,anywhere in the states?

Not at that time of year. Everyone is out catching fur. You wouldn't have a hard time finding someone to go with at that time though, weather depending.

• Like 1

Nice one Dan, exactly what I imagined, it gives a new definition to an allrounder, hes a big fine dog any of him in action!!!

As you can tell by the quality of the picture I posted, I'm not much for taing pictures. Most of the pictures I have of my dogs are at home on the chain. The only picture I have that comes close to that is of Duce when he was young and standing over his first coyote.

• Like 1

No probs Dan Im the same Ive had a lurcher hunting with me or my terriers all my life, I only have a couple of pics of them and loads of my terriers. Is it popular running them on coyotes would they tackle bigger game if given the chance.

No probs Dan Im the same Ive had a lurcher hunting with me or my terriers all my life, I only have a couple of pics of them and loads of my terriers. Is it popular running them on coyotes would they tackle bigger game if given the chance.

There are folks that run them on hogs and bears. That seems like a bit of a waste but if you have enough dogs and don't mid loosing one once in a while it would work. They'll run anything and have plenty of fight...the good ones anyhow.