Cost/lurcher/year.

Patterdales have a nasty habit of bumping into stuff in the dark too :)

yeah sorry haha,what i meant was of all the times i've been to the vets it was there speed that got them into trouble.that and running out the beam through the woods.

Touch wood never had a dog banged up in the night in the woods I had one killed in the day but hadn't brought her up from pup I walk and hunt mine through woods at a young age

me neither but had to have 1 p.t.s after an injury.she jumped a fallen tree and speared herself on another branch.had plenty of rips but i can deal with them.my head is in my hands when they run out the lamp into the woods and all i can hear is branches snapping but touch wood she's always came back able to go on.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive got short arms and deep pockets,,,,i like my dogs to be in profit,,,or im "sweating like a blind lesbian in a grimsby fish market"

Some of the replies to this post are f****d up as shit next were be hearing of up An coming lurcher lads/lasses neglecting there duties of care to there dogs once there dogs have had bad injuries just

if you get a knock on the door,having a good record at the vets could be the difference between getting your dog back or not.

There's some double 'ard barstewards on here...

"Who needs a vet"

"I could sow my own leg back on"

" if you need a vet you're a c**t"

When I grow uo I wanna be just like you!

I think my dogs might need specsavers as they run into all sorts of crap..... soz, can't help it!

Matt

• Like 3

Wats with all the vet bills lads? Honest question. Working dogs basically scince a child and only been a handful of times.

Very very rarely il set foot in a vets my uncles been at it 50 odd years and we self treat most stuff
that's what I'm saying. I keep Hounds. My father have lurchers n Patterdales. Very rare we in vets. And theyre well worked

hounds and patterdales don't go as fast as a lurcher and not in the dark sometimes either.[/quote I Said we had lurchers aswell. Maybe they're not plop fast enough lol.

i never meant, i like your wheaten x but do you lamp with yours or daytime?because following on behind hounds or waiting outside a hole is a much slower pace i'd imagine.i've never done it that way.

Some of the replies to this post are f****d up as shit next were be hearing of up An coming lurcher lads/lasses neglecting there duties of care to there dogs once there dogs have had bad injuries just because they've heard on the hunting life forum we're all the real dog me hang out it's not the right way to go about things using a vet. ffs using a vet is a small price to pay if it fixes your valued tools to your trade it's only money!

• Like 5

Wats with all the vet bills lads? Honest question. Working dogs basically scince a child and only been a handful of times.

Very very rarely il set foot in a vets my uncles been at it 50 odd years and we self treat most stuff
that's what I'm saying. I keep Hounds. My father have lurchers n Patterdales. Very rare we in vets. And theyre well worked

hounds and patterdales don't go as fast as a lurcher and not in the dark sometimes either.[/quote I Said we had lurchers aswell. Maybe they're not plop fast enough lol.

i never meant, i like your wheaten x but do you lamp with yours or daytime?because following on behind hounds or waiting outside a hole is a much slower pace i'd imagine.i've never done it that way.

plenty of lamping we do. Yea I get what u mean alright with the lurchers.

Vets are a must for certain things but thete is better people out there who know running dogs better than most vets do

A lot or "regular" vets are found wanting.

I'm lucky than my vet is also the vet at the local track.... he knows running dogs and also does a lot for the greyhound trust.still, he's mad as a sausage!!!!!!

Matt

Vets are a must for certain things but thete is better people out there who know running dogs better than most vets do

I definitely agree on that mate

if you get a knock on the door,having a good record at the vets could be the difference between getting your dog back or not.

• Like 5

I definitely agree on that mate

Correct....they seize most dogs on failing to seek veterinary attention . Even if they have something else they always put that in as a back up. That alone is enough to get your dogs seized
  • Like 1

Patterdales have a nasty habit of bumping into stuff in the dark too :)

yeah sorry haha,what i meant was of all the times i've been to the vets it was there speed that got them into trouble.that and running out the beam through the woods.
I think with the exception of running rabbits ,a driven lurcher will always do that , and those injuries are down to the luck of the draw , been lucky(ish) with just bumps and bruises ,but soon as the slip is off ..... they're in the lap of the gods

My only interests are my dogs other than a spot of fishing in the summer months.I spend what I need to spend to keep them tip top-food/bedding/wormer in bulk- spend hell of alot more on fuel and wear and tear on my vehicles than the cost of feeding 4/5 terriers and a lurcher or 2-other than the odd exceptional large vets bill if I have some bad luck.depends where your priorities lie I suppose?some feed shit bags of Dr John's etc and keep their dogs in filth then expect to have super dogs-left to lie around out of season etc.most folks where I live have a fancy breed dog or 2-never see them get walked and can smell the shit as you walk past the gardens lol-my only concern is what I kennel no one else.atb dc

• Like 2

Feck the money,...ya can't take it with ya... :laugh:

If hunting with dogs is your passion,...you have to take what Mother Nature throws at ya...

Our working dogs live a proper life,...they have the privilege ,..(as do we),..of walking the walk,...so,..a wee bit of expense is feck all.. :victory:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

I try and give my dogs the best of everything ,from food to Kenneling , im frightened to think the money ive spend over the years ,its cost me 2 marriages but i wouldn't change it

Come on mate what's you're secret how the fcuk did you manage to wriggle out 2 marriage's by using your dogs.

• Like 1