Defrosting Meat.summer Time.

Do you lads that feed frozen not feel a bit rotten on the dogs. It surely can't be enjoyable for them?

Why do you think it's not enjoyable for them ??? .......

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the experienced lads will know this but the lads new to dogs might benefit from it. The best way to defrost meat in this heat is in a bucket of cold water placed in the shade. No flys.and no

They'll eat it frozen or semi frozen, I use a bucket myself but I'm not shy of giving them meat that's froze either

Dogs will happily eat frozen meat without any problems ... same as the ferrets I chuck in a frozen rabbit at night and take out the remains in the morning ... no flies no mess no smell ......

Posted Images

Do you lads that feed frozen not feel a bit rotten on the dogs. It surely can't be enjoyable for them?

they love anything frozen true ken, they like to have a good old chew and really use there teeth , plus it helps to clean them. i feed frozen deer hooves / legs , the dogs love them , it give the dogs bit of enjoyment :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

Because it's freezing cold, rock solid food. As opposed to a nice warm meal. I know which one I'd prefer to eat.

Because it's freezing cold, rock solid food. As opposed to a nice warm meal. I know which one I'd prefer to eat.

Lol do you think their actually swallowing lumps of frozen meat .....

When the dogs have done a good shift under the sod or a hard night running then yes they always get a good warm meal-when the weather's warm there's no harm in giving them some chilled/semi frozen meat imo-like it's been said if they were wild then they wouldn't be to fussy on waiting for a carcass to defrost.atb dc

• Like 4

I don't think anyone's talking about going out of their way to purposely​ feed frozen flesh. It does them no harm what so ever to give it to them semi frozen, straight out of the freezer or whatever you like, they don't give a shit and it gets defrosted in their gobs as they chew.

I do the same as king, it goes in a bucket of water over night usually, but if I'm in a rush I'll give it straight to them.

• Like 3

Yeah I could be thinking too much into it Dilly. I've just never heard of feeding frozen before tbh but I do understand it being helpful, as like has been said we all struggle to keep the mince from going off in this heat.

Ask the dog RH

Both the same size.same meat.

1 frozen 1 fresh.side by side on the floor on a boiling day.

See which 1 the dog picks up and eats first.

I have had dogs that prefer a frozen piece to fresh.

And vice versa.