Sign in to follow this  
lurcherman 887

Starling

A couple of slices of bread, and knock them off sat in the garden shed, and then like others in the 70's, fed them to the ferrets. On the red list now.

• Like 1

Or the old mans riddle with a stick and string fed through the letterbox. Couldn't find the riddle one day and used my maws washing basket. She wasnt amused lol

• Like 9

I've had them in the old facia boards in the past-let the mrs f**k off out and then give em to the stinkers-neighbours cat catches quite a few and she leaves them in a sandwich bag on top of the wheelie bin for me...waste not,want not.atb dc

Or the old mans riddle with a stick and string fed through the letterbox. Couldn't find the riddle one day and used my maws washing basket. She wasnt amused lol

Spent hours drop trapping as a kid, with patience you could catch anything. :D

• Like 1

Aye till you're maw started shouted "leave the bloody birds alone, and they f***ing rolls were for you're dads piece "!!

Aye i mind shooting and trapping enough to feed the ferrets , then everybody started there dog retrieving with a starling once it would carry one there was never a problem with any other bird

• Like 1

Dont mind the noise its the shit thats pissin me off lol scrubbing it everyday its a hard life

They will have a 2nd clutch in mild weather 😂😂😂😂🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣💩💩💩💩💩

What's the best way for blocking the holes where they nest ??

I've also got a nest & an waiting for them to leave..

I was thinking expandable foam or will they open that back up??

What's the crack with chicken wire ?? Stuff it in the hole ??

I thought about exspanding foam but might look a mess i blocked the nest last year with wood but the fuckers have moved it , and just caught one the fuckers in my loft.

That takes me back! :D My old man was the one who taught me the riddle and stick method!

Had lot of fun with the old riddle Scot. Good old days ehh lol!!
  • Like 1

Aye i mind shooting and trapping enough to feed the ferrets , then everybody started there dog retrieving with a starling once it would carry one there was never a problem with any other bird

I bought a mist net from youngs of misterton I think?Or KPS Nets,strung it across the garden,hoyed some bread down,back then there was loads of stinkers around,got enough to feed 2 litters of ferret kits in an hour :yes: Or if I had a tin of slugs snipe them off the tree in the back garden or the roof with my Webley vulan or BSA mercury.

• Like 1