Saluki Greyhounds

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have a 1st x and hes done a lot of foxes over time,,and he does them well enough..he hasnt got the jaw power of a bull x and it takes a tad longer to finalise the situation,which has him taking a bi

On the lamp the deer is a different animal. In the daytime is when you'll see what you've got. I'm not talking gameness, I'm talking single handed running. I seen more Bull crosses get straight lined

yer coursing dog

Posted Images

That was my opinion that you must have a good line of coursing dogs, as any time I have seen pictures of any of your dogs they look top notch but I think you should bring them over to oz and let me see that with my own eyes though, just to prevent conjecture lol. six reds with one dog in a weekend sounds ludicrous to me but I have seen some dogs pull off some amazing things that people would not believe and people I trust have told me stories I believe that sound a bit far fetched. If it is true it must be some dog!

cheers of that buddy :thumbs: Id love to go to oz, its one of about three places I have any desire to visit at all :laugh: hunting my dogs there would be a dream, so much open space, would be a great experience, would love to know how they got on out there, be some great tests I would imagine :victory: if you want this type of dog to try over there, I ve a litter at the minute there deffo be a spare pup you sort getting it over and I will send it no chew, then we see if they would suit :thumbs:

That is about as fine an offer I could ever imagine as true coursing stock is basically non existent in this country from my experiences. My plan is to look into exporting my next dog from your shores (although I was not thinking right now!) and I don't think they come any better than your stock. I will research what is involved in exporting a dog from Britain as I am about to clear some kennel space, but I do know it is not a simple process. I will pm shortly because I am too excited to think clearly right now!

yep great offer that, if i was younger , it a place i go to , or New Zealand , deff test you dog over on the stuff there . Hope you have a pup , make good out x to your stags in time , what would it take regards ,money , jabs, and if quarantine ? to send a dog/pup here , or to send one there . :hmm:
I have been extremely busy with work at the moment but I have been looking into what has to be done to get a dog over from UK and it is not easy or cheap. Multiple tests and vaccines which if not done properly they send the dog back to coo (country of origin) at your expense, ten days quarantine which there is only one and it is in Melbourne and is costly. I am yet to work out the price and the requirements for the plane ticket, crate,etc but I am not looking forward to hearing that one... It certainly is not easy to bring a dog into this country but I am yet to work it all out exactly what needs to be done, not enough hours in the day...
  • Like 1

there was a member on here called stabs,,he may have been a mod?,,,,,he emigrated to oz 7-8 years back took his adult lurcher with him,,,if hes still on here he will have an idea of the cost,, :thumbs:

• Like 3

Bring straws over for Ai Plenty greyhound lads do it fraction of the cost of a pup or dog to be sent over..

I was thinking straws previously, partly because of cost and partly because of the stress the travel and quarantine would put on a young pup or any dog. As I have been researching this subject I have heard some horror stories from people bringing dogs over, but I would really love to test out a true coursing bred dog over here, not a cross, which is obviously all I could do with straws. One of my bitches I would not consider breeding at all and the other is very young but is a chance of one day meeting my standards but if the litter is all crap it is a lot of time, money, effort wasted... The joys of dogs!

There are some good Aussie greyhounds around get a good retired track bitch put a pure or a good first cross line to it by Ai should get Something usefull keep a couple of pups and sell the remainder you would recover your expenditure no problem done in the right way..

Edited by desertbred

There are some good Aussie greyhounds around get a good retired track bitch put a pure or a good first cross line to it by Ai should get Something usefull keep a couple of pups and sell the remainder you would recover your expenditure no problem done in the right way..

Thanks for the tips db, but there is no money in coursing dogs here in Oz, anything I do would not be for financial gain and I would be very lucky if I could break even. I hope just to see some good runs and I know it is going to cost me but I will see some good ones with patience and perseverance.
  • Like 1

Maybe worth contacting Dave platts he would be happy to talk to you he lives in the neighboughring village I know he's sent deerhounds and deerhound greyhounds over to Australia and America before

• Like 1