Size Comparison Usa Vs. Europe...

I like the states,but some of them are insular,i met one guy who told me he doesn't need to leave the country as everything you could ever want is right there,and if he wanted to see the world he had nat-geo on his big 60 inch telly :D

Canada is better though :tongue2:

Canada is goofy as hell about gun laws. Over here you can shoot whatever you please in all of the states that matter to a hunter. I wouldn't go East of the Mississippi River if you can help it though. It's not bad over there but there's less people and more room up North or out West.

Canada's gun laws are a shame. The canucks are great people, and they do well hunting. But they go through heck to buy a rifle and you can forget a hand gun. I could go buy another pistol (like I need another one) tomorrow.

In general, I'd say the hunting is better in the east. Especially deer, and grouse. But if you want to run sight hounds then the west is the best. My Lurcher is decent, but he's basically wasting away here in Michigan.

canadas gun laws are strange but we dont go through 'heck' to buy a non restricted rifle.i phone up a gun shop,give them my credit card number

and they stick it in the post.

as for purchasing a hand gun,as long as you have a restricted license,range membership and the ability to buy one,they stick it in the canada post

and ship it to you.

whats so wrong with that?

I have family in Canada. I know the problems they have.

ATB

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out some of my other posts. I've offered to put dog men up so they can get on their feet and have a go in the USA. IT might be a buss kill for some. We don't drink, swear, party or cause trou

We have a pub in Cumbria older than America   People always make me laugh about Britain   There is still a lot about here that maintains the title great   I was lucky enough to grow up in Cum

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance givin

Posted Images

How about less rules and more game? Ever been here?

maybe you could move to Russia, it's bigger than the USA and pretty much anything goes hunting wise

I see such potential in Russia. Too bad we're going to have to destroy it soon. :laugh: (joking comrades)

From what I have been able to gather. The Russians especially around Moscow follow more or less European hunting traditions. There have been a few posting on here and I wish they stuck around more.

In the States, we have rules set up partially by Federal law and Partially be State law. Traditions vary by family and camp and to be honest most are established for sentimental reasons. I don't mean to give offense. But the UK is more of a game farm then a wilderness. Here in the States we still have for the most part naturally occurring wildlife which we manage for the populations health as well as for the sporting interests of the owners (citizens). We have both a lot to be proud of and room for improvement.

In the end you live and hunt under the circumstances you find yourself in. If you can make it better that should be your primary goal.

ATB

I like the states,but some of them are insular,i met one guy who told me he doesn't need to leave the country as everything you could ever want is right there,and if he wanted to see the world he had nat-geo on his big 60 inch telly :D

Canada is goofy as hell about gun laws. Over here you can shoot whatever you please in all of the states that matter to a hunter. I wouldn't go East of the Mississippi River if you can help it though. It's not bad over there but there's less people and more room up North or out West.

Canada's gun laws are a shame. The canucks are great people, and they do well hunting. But they go through heck to buy a rifle and you can forget a hand gun. I could go buy another pistol (like I need another one) tomorrow.

In general, I'd say the hunting is better in the east. Especially deer, and grouse. But if you want to run sight hounds then the west is the best. My Lurcher is decent, but he's basically wasting away here in Michigan.

Mickey, thanks for chiming in. Folks seem to have a pretty distorted view of the USA. I'm surprised that among dog men there aren't more people with a large sense of adventure. Part of me does this to see if I can't get one of these knuckleheads over here to learn a few things from. It's not looking likely at this point.

• Like 1

canadas gun laws are strange but we dont go through 'heck' to buy a non restricted rifle.i phone up a gun shop,give them my credit card number

as for purchasing a hand gun,as long as you have a restricted license,range membership and the ability to buy one,they stick it in the canada post

and ship it to you.

...all of those restrictions you keep talking about, that's what. As long as your not a felon, you just go to any one of a dozen gun shops around nearly every part of the country and buy what you want. That can range from a 50 cal. BMG, all of the way down to a .22 pistol and everything in between. I can leave my house right now and come home in a couple of hours with nearly ay gun I can think of wanting. I don't really have a lot of guns but I have everything I want.

• Like 1

With all due respect

And this is an honest question, not one up man ship by any stretch

If your range of quarry is greater, if your areas to hunt are so expansive and your laws more relaxed,

Why haven't you managed to get establish anything like the lines of our lurchers and terriers in the U.K. ?

and ship it to you.

...all of those restrictions you keep talking about, that's what. As long as your not a felon, you just go to any one of a dozen gun shops around nearly every part of the country and buy what you want. That can range from a 50 cal. BMG, all of the way down to a .22 pistol and everything in between. I can leave my house right now and come home in a couple of hours with nearly ay gun I can think of wanting. I don't really have a lot of guns but I have everything I want.

i only speak of the hunting restrictions not of the firearm laws.

in canada as long as the firearm is Non Restricted you can purchase anything from a 22 to a 50cal here and now on that day.

the only restrictions are with Restricted firearms ie handguns and rifles which barrels are under 18.5 inches,you can purchase one but

you have to wait for the rcmp's approval of transfer and approval to transport.

having lived in the UK for the better part of my life i fully understand how tight the firearm laws are there.now living

in canada for the past 9 years,its rather lax compared but not as relaxed as 'some' of the states in america.

• Like 1

Not read any off topic ,,,no need to i would pick America over the shame of hunting law in Europe any day

Got offered a job many moons ago when 16teen year old young keeper to go across and run estate for three high court judges .. .I should have done it ,, despite if i fell out way them and they had the power to give me the chair lol

any local slaughterhouses.?

About every ten miles around here. If you know how to cut meat, you'd have a job here in a heartbeat. Some folks even set up a truck to do mobile butchering. They've got some pretty good outfits. Plus, if you can't get loads of permission around here on the private land as a butcher, you'd have to be awfully hard to get along with. If your a people person, your golden.

It's hard to argue against freedom. :thumbs:

Try telling geranimo that.

Oh for crying out loud, the Indians took this land from each other, from whites that were here long ago, from the giants whose corpses are buried all over the place. They weren't here first and they are lucky the whites didn't kill them all.

• Like 2

I once wanted a visa to holiday in the USA...........I was politely told to feck off ..........so the chances of me being able to live there would be pretty slim

Would I go if I could..........In a fecking heart beat

i got in there by the skin of my teeth when I took my tribe to Florida Jesus the bloke on the passport desk tried to make me feel like a piece of shite but I suppose that's his job it was nice over there for a holiday but I don't think I could move over there
49 other states to base an opinion on. Here's a tip. Stay away from the coasts, they're full of weirdoes.
ha ha ha your sure it doesn't get any weirder the closer you get in land hmmmm

Aside from the inbreeding, no.

The most common legal question about 40 mins. North of here is if you divorce your wifeis she still your sister? ;)

• Like 1

Man I'd love too I think being a spark I'd find work easy ! It is a dream that's for sure been offered to a few country's playing rugby just never got the guts !

Let's go Sparky! You can have your first job wiring my garage and wood shed. When your done, you can use the bonus room on the top of the garage as an apartment until you find work and where you want to live.

• Like 2