Size Comparison Usa Vs. Europe...

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance giving out his morning call or see a Hurd of deer break across the field

Those winters aren't exclusive to the uk mate, identical in a lot of places....

Edited by Accip74

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out some of my other posts. I've offered to put dog men up so they can get on their feet and have a go in the USA. IT might be a buss kill for some. We don't drink, swear, party or cause trou

We have a pub in Cumbria older than America   People always make me laugh about Britain   There is still a lot about here that maintains the title great   I was lucky enough to grow up in Cum

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance givin

Posted Images

Ted,i saw a few of these public appeals on canuck TV,this ones the crime of the month,moose shot from the side of the road.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=saskatchewan+moose+shooting+poaching+report&view=detail&mid=DED01E774750BAD58AE2DED01E774750BAD58AE2&FORM=VIRE

yes happens a bit over here.one reason why they have fish police.

but saying this,that moose could of been gut/texas heart shot,i fled miles away from the hunter and died there,who knows.

they found 7 moose shot and left, one time quite close to me

you find deer in ditches missing their heads (this means a hunter just plugged a deer for the rack)

sometimes its white man hunters sometimes its native hunters,its complicated

I watched a few epiesodes of a series i forget what it was called about game wardens in the states targeting poachers and if the cought a poacher with a deer they just took the head off it and left him with the carcass.

I lived in North West British Columbia for years,Done a lot of hunting and trapping whilst there which was worldclass.

But in my opinion the rest of canada and the usa isnt any better than here in the UK.

its not cheap to hunt over there and the seasons are short.access can be dificult unless you have a lot of gear or hunt on private land.

a lot of hunting in the usa is over food plots or baits which is feckin boring.

Ted,i saw a few of these public appeals on canuck TV,this ones the crime of the month,moose shot from the side of the road.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=saskatchewan+moose+shooting+poaching+report&view=detail&mid=DED01E774750BAD58AE2DED01E774750BAD58AE2&FORM=VIRE

yes happens a bit over here.one reason why they have fish police.

but saying this,that moose could of been gut/texas heart shot,i fled miles away from the hunter and died there,who knows.

they found 7 moose shot and left, one time quite close to me

you find deer in ditches missing their heads (this means a hunter just plugged a deer for the rack)

sometimes its white man hunters sometimes its native hunters,its complicated

I watched a few epiesodes of a series i forget what it was called about game wardens in the states targeting poachers and if the cought a poacher with a deer they just took the head off it and left him with the carcass.

that certainly doesnt happen where i live

if you are caught with an untagged deer it goes like this

deer gone

rifle gone

truck could also go

hunting privileges could also go

court date and fine

then you are on the fish police radar for ever

also,if you find a dead deer you are supposed to report it.

if you find a deer skeleton with a huge rack you are supposed to report and maybe the fish police will

let you buy a license to pick up the skull with the antlers attached.

the fish police like to do an investigation on any dead game found.

this time of year we go around the bush looking for deer,elk and moose sheds.these a free to pick up

My uncle is over in Connecticut if that's the right spelling. He's been there 15 years. Started off in the Everglades, south Florida I believe.

He's not got a trade as such. He was a road worker here but landed on his feet over there. He's in charge of a gang of lads laying underground pipes now. Raking the coin in and his boss pays for him to live in a wooden cabin in the woods and drive a big V8 pickup.

He's got 3 dogs what he just calls hunting mutts. Not runners as such. The look like big hounds. He has some fun with them. They have big drives to guns on a weekend. Lads circling a wood with shotguns and the dogs just go off flushing stuff through.

I don't know what the laws are like though and I know I'm some states you can't even own a ferret.

If I didn't have a wife and little girl I might be over there with him now. But I aren't one for change really. My next move will be when we rent this house out and build a log cabin on some of my old mans land. That will do for me.

That kind of work is straight up my street, how much does he earn like?

Depending on your position you can earn from $25K-$80K over the warmer months and a lot of those jobs lay you off for the winter and call you back in the Spring. You get to run all types of predators and what ever other small game you wish to over the winter. Lots of guys just go and hunt fur for the winter and sell the fur for a little extra money during the layoffs.

• Like 1

My uncle is over in Connecticut if that's the right spelling. He's been there 15 years. Started off in the Everglades, south Florida I believe.

He's not got a trade as such. He was a road worker here but landed on his feet over there. He's in charge of a gang of lads laying underground pipes now. Raking the coin in and his boss pays for him to live in a wooden cabin in the woods and drive a big V8 pickup.

He's got 3 dogs what he just calls hunting mutts. Not runners as such. The look like big hounds. He has some fun with them. They have big drives to guns on a weekend. Lads circling a wood with shotguns and the dogs just go off flushing stuff through.

I don't know what the laws are like though and I know I'm some states you can't even own a ferret.

If I didn't have a wife and little girl I might be over there with him now. But I aren't one for change really. My next move will be when we rent this house out and build a log cabin on some of my old mans land. That will do for me.

That kind of work is straight up my street, how much does he earn like?
I honestly don't know but I knows he's not short of a few quid, and he went there broke.

I could ask him for you and find out what the cost of living is like if you were genuinely interested.

Just dreaming pal, don't think I could leave the family behind even though I'd love it over there.

Once you get your feet on the ground, haul 'em over here with you. Once your established you can bring your family. Trump is changing the immigration laws to make it easier for good folks to come and hard for bad folks to come/stay.

• Like 1

I like the states,but some of them are insular,i met one guy who told me he doesn't need to leave the country as everything you could ever want is right there,and if he wanted to see the world he had nat-geo on his big 60 inch telly :D

Canada is better though :tongue2:

Canada is goofy as hell about gun laws. Over here you can shoot whatever you please in all of the states that matter to a hunter. I wouldn't go East of the Mississippi River if you can help it though. It's not bad over there but there's less people and more room up North or out West.

• Like 2

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance giving out his morning call or see a Hurd of deer break across the field

Well hell, we have that too, plus a list as long as your arm of other game that would be out there. Herds of deer (4 kinds), elk (about like a stag), antelope, moose, mtn. goats, mtn. sheep. Wolves, coyotes, fox, mtn. lions, bear, bobcats, fisher, pine martins, coon, hares, rabbits, grouse, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc., etc...

I once wanted a visa to holiday in the USA...........I was politely told to feck off ..........so the chances of me being able to live there would be pretty slim

Would I go if I could..........In a fecking heart beat

i got in there by the skin of my teeth when I took my tribe to Florida Jesus the bloke on the passport desk tried to make me feel like a piece of shite but I suppose that's his job it was nice over there for a holiday but I don't think I could move over there

49 other states to base an opinion on. Here's a tip. Stay away from the coasts, they're full of weirdoes.

What you guys are still doing over there is a mystery to me. If you want some room to breath and more land to run than you can shake a stick at but lack that final reason to move, here it is...a simple size comparison:USA-Europe Overlay.png

Get me a well payed job and I'm there.....
What do you do?
Rail and Construction work, basically anything if it's decent money.
I don't know how you could get it any easier than that. There's so much work it would make your head spin.
Thats not what trump says?

It's precisely because of Trump that the work has picked up. My buddy just got asked to be a superintendent for a big construction project and he'll walk away with a fat wad of cash by summers end. The unemployment rate is low as low can get right now. That means there's quite a few jobs out there to be had. It's as low as I've seen it in my lifetime.

• Like 2

indiana 2012, the underpants i went through whilst living there. eh, after an altocation with a guy on a bus, i was very firmly told to f**k off back weer i came from, so here i am

Stay away from the big cities, they're all full of gansters and homos. If you come again, give me a call. I'll set you up with great people in the state of your choice hunting the game of your choice. Your welcome up here in WI also.

• Like 1