Field Sports Britain Cleaning Up After The Lurcher Boys

The main hinderance appears to be lack of planning and stratergy application. Example the Countryside Alliance who is the umbrella group for country Activity Groups always gives the impression that it is reactive rather than proactive in its campaigns responding to Media articles rather than taking the fight to the Antis. Has it ever mounted a National TV documentary publicising the positive aspects of a well managed joint wildlife protection and Countryside conservation schemme? Using down to earth folk who are part and parcel of Country life Farmers . Agriculturists, livestock Breeders and rearers, Gamekeepers, Farriers Rural Vets and ordinary men and women involved in various Grass roots hunting with dog activities whose dogs are not only working animals but also much loved Family pets. All Land owners and Farmers are not anti Hunting as the Lacs, Antis the Police, The RSPCA etc like to portray. Most are enthusiastic about wildlife conservation and management and appreciate the need for pest control. The Anti brigade are always first out of the blocks with their propoganda and the pro hunting representatives are continually fighting rear guard actions rather than premptive policy of showing the reality of Country sports as a natural way of life. Continually decrying certain minority behaviours of the bad apples as they are named try to reinforce the positives. It appears that Lessons from historic failures and short comings have not been digested or am I and thousands of other dog workers missing something?

The majority of the General Public dont relate or feel affinity with Lord So and So talking from his Range Rover about his shoots or Sir so and so Master of the Hounds in his scarlet Hunting attire saying things like all in it together. Then the other end of the scale the Plumber. Teacher,Truck driver in his van or estate with his terrier or lurcher being portrayed as drug dealing, cider swilling, thieving scurvy little vandals marauding through the countryside instead of staying on the Council house conerbations. These folk could hit home far better if they were given the opportunities to address the Media all are not uneducated dregs of society poaching and slaughtering from pure lust for blood.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 4

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for starters I wouldn't be getting cosy with wild life crime units and all that old bollocks, I'd make it publically known I wanted nothing to do with them because as an organisation we don't bel

Bit of a crap analogy really, personally I don't see why they even need to mention "codes of conduct"........one line of "we don't condone any criminal conduct" is enough if they really feel the need

I'm completely flabbergasted by some of the posts on here   Why are people even bothered?   We are not needed , required or liked by any authoritiive body   We're so easily vilified it's comi

The main hinderance appears to be lack of planning and stratergy application. Example the Countryside Alliance who is the umbrella group for country Activity Groups always gives the impression that it is reactive rather than proactive in its campaigns responding to Media articles rather than taking the fight to the Antis. Has it ever mounted a National TV documentary publicising the positive aspects of a well managed joint wildlife protection and Countryside conservation schemme? Using down to earth folk who are part and parcel of Country life Farmers . Agriculturists, livestock Breeders and rearers, Gamekeepers, Farriers Rural Vets and ordinary men and women involved in various Grass roots hunting with dog activities whose dogs are not only working animals but also much loved Family pets. All Land owners and Farmers are not anti Hunting as the Lacs, Antis the Police, The RSPCA etc like to portray. Most are enthusiastic about wildlife conservation and management and appreciate the need for pest control. The Anti brigade are always first out of the blocks with their propoganda and the pro hunting representatives are continually fighting rear guard actions rather than premptive policy of showing the reality of Country sports as a natural way of life. Continually decrying certain minority behaviours of the bad apples as they are named try to reinforce the positives. It appears that Lessons from historic failures and short comings have not been digested or am I and thousands of other dog workers missing something?The majority of the General Public dont relate or feel affinity with Lord So and So talking from his Range Rover about his shoots or Sir so and so Master of the Hounds in his scarlet Hunting attire saying things like all in it together. Then the other end of the scale the Plumber. Teacher,Truck driver in his van or estate with his terrier or lurcher being portrayed as drug dealing, cider swilling, thieving scurvy little vandals marauding through the countryside instead of staying on the Council house conerbations. These folk could hit home far better if they were given the opportunities to address the Media all are not uneducated dregs of society poaching and slaughtering from pure lust for blood.

DB if there is a lack of planning DB are you offering your services.

The main hinderance appears to be lack of planning and stratergy application. Example the Countryside Alliance who is the umbrella group for country Activity Groups always gives the impression that it is reactive rather than proactive in its campaigns responding to Media articles rather than taking the fight to the Antis. Has it ever mounted a National TV documentary publicising the positive aspects of a well managed joint wildlife protection and Countryside conservation schemme? Using down to earth folk who are part and parcel of Country life Farmers . Agriculturists, livestock Breeders and rearers, Gamekeepers, Farriers Rural Vets and ordinary men and women involved in various Grass roots hunting with dog activities whose dogs are not only working animals but also much loved Family pets. All Land owners and Farmers are not anti Hunting as the Lacs, Antis the Police, The RSPCA etc like to portray. Most are enthusiastic about wildlife conservation and management and appreciate the need for pest control. The Anti brigade are always first out of the blocks with their propoganda and the pro hunting representatives are continually fighting rear guard actions rather than premptive policy of showing the reality of Country sports as a natural way of life. Continually decrying certain minority behaviours of the bad apples as they are named try to reinforce the positives. It appears that Lessons from historic failures and short comings have not been digested or am I and thousands of other dog workers missing something?The majority of the General Public dont relate or feel affinity with Lord So and So talking from his Range Rover about his shoots or Sir so and so Master of the Hounds in his scarlet Hunting attire saying things like all in it together. Then the other end of the scale the Plumber. Teacher,Truck driver in his van or estate with his terrier or lurcher being portrayed as drug dealing, cider swilling, thieving scurvy little vandals marauding through the countryside instead of staying on the Council house conerbations. These folk could hit home far better if they were given the opportunities to address the Media all are not uneducated dregs of society poaching and slaughtering from pure lust for blood.

DB if there is a lack of planning DB are you offering your services.

I have been down this Cul de Sac on a few previous occasions ,my hunting activities are not really condusive with playing a visible active role . Also my faith appears to be a hurdle to a few folk so would prove to be a hinderance in bringing about unity

Edited by desertbred

Didn't one of the coursing clubs hold a little doo or summat and the amount was donated to east of England air ambulance

Only to have a thanks but no thanks reply from the charity

How much of an insult is that ?

they did !! :thumbs: shameful !

• Like 1

How much is it to join AWL please?

Cheers, D.

£11. Here you go.membership

Thanks but I reckon I contravene some of the codes of conduct to be allowed in.

Cheers, D.

I am a member of the AA, but I've still get speeding tickets

Dont speed then ! The Automobile Association or the other one? Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

Cheers, D.

Cheers, D.

Dont speed then ! The Automobile Association or the other one?

I try not to, but time was when the honest working man could travel at suitable speeds on quiet country roads or big, wide motorways early in the morning without causing any harm to anyone. But now with these stupid draconian speed limits savagely enforced by cameras an applauded by do-gooders we are stuck with it................

Sounds familiar!?

• Like 5

Bit of a crap analogy really, personally I don't see why they even need to mention "codes of conduct"........one line of "we don't condone any criminal conduct" is enough if they really feel the need to bring it up.

CA and BASC are masters at all that "not us guv " crap......let's slag off someone else to make us look better.

I always get the feeling of if I don't do it like you say then I'm not welcome.

If I was a member of one of these things I wouldn't give a flying f**k what you did or did not approve of me doing, I'd much prefer to know what you were saying and doing to decriminalise people who carry out an interest that has been conducted for thousands of years and has recently been made an offence turning thousands of formerly innocent people into criminals.

That's why I would pay the subs, I would not pay them for you to tell me how to crack on.

Imho all these clubs are so wide of the mark with things like that it's one of the main reasons they have totally failed.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 8

Bit of a crap analogy really, personally I don't see why they even need to mention "codes of conduct"........one line of "we don't condone any criminal conduct" is enough if they really feel the need to bring it up.

CA and BASC are masters at all that "not us guv " crap......let's slag off someone else to make us look better.

I always get the feeling of if I don't do it like you say then I'm not welcome.

If I was a member of one of these things I wouldn't give a flying f**k what you did or did not approve of me doing, I'd much prefer to know what you were saying and doing to decriminalise people who carry out an interest that has been conducted for thousands of years and has recently been made an offence turning thousands of formerly innocent people into criminals.

That's why I would pay the subs, I would not pay them for you to tell me how to crack on.

Imho all these clubs are so wide of the mark with things like that it's one of the main reasons they have totally failed.

How would you run a club then WILF what would you do.

Cheers, D.

Cheers, D.

Dont speed then ! The Automobile Association or the other one?

I try not to, but time was when the honest working man could travel at suitable speeds on quiet country roads or big, wide motorways early in the morning without causing any harm to anyone. But now with these stupid draconian speed limits savagely enforced by cameras an applauded by do-gooders we are stuck with it................

Sounds familiar!?

We are being exploited as cash cows to line the pockets of the idle rich