Field Sports Britain Cleaning Up After The Lurcher Boys

Wilf the whole idea of getting the show people on board is a step to expanding the interest and knowledge beyond the working lurcher folk, got to start somewhere, and getting email address is how wars are won these days. When you fight the antis you need to use their tactics and tools and emailing a newsletter etc is part of that, many show people are less reticent than the average working type, especially the younger generation.[/size]If you want an example look at the Spanish fighting to save their coursing, all Galgos have to be registered with the coursing club to them to enter any show of any worth and so they get access to thousands of non-hunting people. Its about getting a foot in the door. [/size] [/size] [/size]

Unusual that mate, I always thought the reason galagos had to be registered was that kennel situated in rural Spain were literally abandoned during the close season and the dogs were left to fend for themselves...as in a registry to source the owners / trainers. Can't see many U.K. Lurcher men being keen to log address details and what they keep there for a variety of reasons Most people on the street have no idea what a lurcher is, which in my eyes is not a bad thing
Yeah they may not know what a lurcher is, but they've def heard of one. 'Is it a lurcher?' (Sympathetic sad face). Is it a Rescue? (More sympathetic sad face with a glint of salaciousness, hoping to hear story of unspeakable peril and cruelty with Ahh lovely happy ending).

Get yourself a Galgo and you'll really see a " glint of salaciousness, hoping to hear story of unspeakable peril and cruelty " in reply i tell a tale of hares and hunters running under glories sunny skies.................... :victory:

Just want to make it clear that, while I deplore people's salacious delight and relish re stories of ill treatment, I am extremely conscious that there are many dogs including, sadly, plenty of lurchers and longdogs that have indeed suffered quite extraordinary neglect or harm. And some admirable people who work tirelessly to try to rehabilitate and rehome them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for starters I wouldn't be getting cosy with wild life crime units and all that old bollocks, I'd make it publically known I wanted nothing to do with them because as an organisation we don't bel

Bit of a crap analogy really, personally I don't see why they even need to mention "codes of conduct"........one line of "we don't condone any criminal conduct" is enough if they really feel the need

I'm completely flabbergasted by some of the posts on here   Why are people even bothered?   We are not needed , required or liked by any authoritiive body   We're so easily vilified it's comi