Jack Russell Bitch

I can't trust my terriers round my ferrets years ago I had a bitch that was the best little ferreting terrier I've ever had but the dogs I've got now they'd deffo kill my ferrets but that's the way it is

Breaking terriers to ferrets is child's play .Pups love to play rough with ferrets ,Years ago I kept ferrets in an aviary after the birds died and several terriers at the time used to scratch at the door to be let in to have a good old tumble ,unsupervised too.To allow a terrier access to ferrets without the young introduction is the mark of an idiot .

• Like 4

My bull x and 2 terriers are bombproof around my 3 ferrets.

But got a terrier here that was 2 when I had him.and there's no breaking him to ferrets.

There's only 1 thing he wants to do to them.and it's not play.

Which isn't a problem as he will never go out on a days ferreting.

When you don't have them from a pup you can't put your stamp on them and bring them up as you want.

• Like 3

I found you can break most lurchers if not from a pup but some terriers never grasp it-I was given a black pup from a lining off my old dog-got him at 5 months old-kids opened ferret court one day,ferrets walked through a block of my terriers past two lurchers into the last run that the black pup was in-came home all my dogs silent and in boxes-the little black prick was bouncing around his run-my best Jill was half eaten in his kennel -he had to go-only use my terriers for digging but I like them to be 100%-nothing worse than being invited out and your dog mullers someone's ferrets if your ratting.atb dc

• Like 1