Trump Under Fire

On 22/12/2020 at 09:53, JDHUNTING said:

So Moscow are going to dish the dirt on an irrelevant outgoing president and blow their deniability just to spite trump? Why not do it when he slapped a load of sanctions on them then? Trump's explanation seems more plausible to me a d me being a simple man I'll go with the simplest explanation

I didn't say that. I simply stated that the thought process behind this apparent Russian bias is because the Russians have something on him. I don't agree with that. The simplest explanation from where I'm sat is that if you stick a microphone under Don's nose he'll say anything to get attention. That's played out every single time in the last four years.

On 23/12/2020 at 07:31, Francie said:

Trump has said no to the 900billion covid package saying it's a disgrace on the American people because there only getting 600 dollars,where as in the same bill foreign countries are getting ten of millions,an he specifically said it was China's fault not the American people.

In a rare stopped clock moment he's right on this one. A $600 stimulus cheque to every American is a f*ck*ng insult when the bill contains billions for pretty much everyone else except the people footing the tab for this b*llsh*t.

We're appalled at the level of service and we demand our money back.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FCK THIS SHIT   IT'S GETTING SERIOUS NOW    I'M PUTTING ON ALL MY MASONIC REGALIA AND TIN FOILING UP.  IF IT COMES ON TOP AND THE PEADOPHILIC DEAD SQUADS COME FOR YOU THEN SAY

You no it makes sense mate, this one is also cat C sea worthy so I can really get on if needed and if nothing happens don’t think it’s a bad move anyway, like yourself have felt things were not right

If Biden gets in he will have forgotten why in the morning .

Posted Images

On 23/12/2020 at 13:09, WILF said:

I can’t think of anything better to use the money on !

Now, let’s talk about “the morality of tax” shall we ? Lol ? 

I'll go in at the ground floor here, seen as it's now 2021 (Happy New Year to all, BTW)

Taxation is extortion. Discuss! :laugh:

On 24/12/2020 at 07:54, Accip74 said:

You know it’s two different bills brought together don’t you mate? Trump fails to mention that or doesn’t realise himself? The Covid package isn’t part of all that other shit. But he is right it shouldn’t have been brought together in 2 massive bills no one had time to read before voting. He is also right $600 wasn’t enough, which is mostly against his own party rather that democrats I think Im right in saying?

Of course this is just mainly a little PR stunt for himself at this point & there is a little more to what he says which is also worth looking into, but requires some objectivity.

The bill was just under 5600 pages to my understanding. They were expected to read it and vote on it in just a few hours... this isn't an isolated incident either. I believe the Patriot Act was passed in a similar fashion and despite 20 years of time they still have bipartisan support for the unconstitutional measures against average Americans.

I agree his disdain for the stimulus money was PR stunt. First time he's mentioned it. He's right but if he genuinely gave a sh*t he'd have been arguing this point for a lot longer than he has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'll go in at the ground floor here, seen as it's now 2021 (Happy New Year to all, BTW)

Taxation is extortion. Discuss! :laugh:

It’s the appropriation of other people’s money by use of force. (In this case the legal system) 

• Thanks 1
On 24/12/2020 at 08:46, WILF said:

Do you know what mate, I was chatting to the Mrs last night as she has been watching the news (which I tend not to do) and I said to her that it’s bollocks really that you have to watch and then consider all the various angles on every segment.

You can’t just watch a segment and take it as factual reporting, terrible state of affairs really.

Even stuff that resonates with your own bias you have to think about is it credible or do I just like what I’m hearing because it reinforces my own prejudice.

f***ing shit state we are in really in that regard 

I'm probably going to butcher the quote but it's something along the lines of "If You Don't Read The News, You're Uninformed. If You Do Read The News, You're Mis-Informed..."

I do think it's important to get a cross-section from everywhere, and then formulate your own opinion but every single one of those opinions is going to come from whatever personal bias we hold. But that's politics.

One thing I would like to see was the old internet message board 101 trope. Attack the opinion not the poster. Some of the vitriol posted against people is completely unnecessary, especially when the message they're portraying is utterly wrong and easy to highlight.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s the appropriation of other people’s money by use of force. (In this case the legal system) 

... and through public apathy we've given the state the monopoly on the power, and sometimes violence, they choose to enforce it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

... and through public apathy we've given the state the monopoly on the power, and sometimes violence, they choose to enforce it.

Doomsday book, knowledge (especially of what private citizens own) is power mate.....it’s how you control big numbers of people with a very small force of enforcers.

The actual limited role of government attracts a tax rate of about 5%, so please don’t ask me what they are doing with the other 50% !! 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Doomsday book, knowledge (especially of what private citizens own) is power mate.....it’s how you control big numbers of people with a very small force of enforcers.

The actual limited role of government attracts a tax rate of about 5%, so please don’t ask me what they are doing with the other 50% !! 

It's bonkers when you see just how much of it evaporates into thin air. A few years back, in this thread, I posted a Forbes link that showed how the US military was able to get extra money for materials (billions) and no one knew where it came from. It wasn't directly approved through the correct legal channels, yet there it was plain as day in millions of $s in brand new unused hardware. No one has yet been available for comment on just how that happened and public apathy/disinterest has allowed it to just disappear into the ether completely unchecked.

"Politics is the entertainment division of the miltary industrial complex" ~ Zappa

"Are you not entertained?" ~ Maximus Decimus Meridius :laugh:

If the US military budget was eliminated completely the federal deficit could be paid off entirely in under 22 years. If it was halved it could be done in under 44. For this one comment I've been labelled both a nazi and a communist. :laugh:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

It's bonkers when you see just how much of it evaporates into thin air. A few years back, in this thread, I posted a Forbes link that showed how the US military was able to get extra money for materials (billions) and no one knew where it came from. It wasn't directly approved through the correct legal channels, yet there it was plain as day in millions of $s in brand new unused hardware. No one has yet been available for comment on just how that happened and public apathy/disinterest has allowed it to just disappear into the ether completely unchecked.

"Politics is the entertainment division of the miltary industrial complex" ~ Zappa

"Are you not entertained?" ~ Maximus Decimus Meridius :laugh:

If the US military budget was eliminated completely the federal deficit could be paid off entirely in under 22 years. If it was halved it could be done in under 44. For this one comment I've been labelled both a nazi and a communist. :laugh:

In the U.K. tax is about 55% as you know mate, and the debt is still 2 Trillion quid !

So not only have they been helping themselves to half and a bit of everyone’s money they have been spunking much, much more than that ! 

I don’t get it, I will always believe that if you allow a bloke to prosper from the fruits of his own labour there will be no need to look after him.

Its worse when you see all the utter shit they spend it on and they insult you just for good measure ! 
Breaks me mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s have a bit of tulsi the sort lay it all over the potential president of the USA ??   Who’s family were slave trader plantation owners lol you really couldn’t make it up . Look into the eyes one is a lying fake cheating democrat , the other is an honest true democrat who speaks truths but was labelled a Russian asset by democrats  fkn brilliant 

Edited by green lurchers
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

In the U.K. tax is about 55% as you know mate, and the debt is still 2 Trillion quid !

So not only have they been helping themselves to half and a bit of everyone’s money they have been spunking much, much more than that ! 

I don’t get it, I will always believe that if you allow a bloke to prosper from the fruits of his own labour there will be no need to look after him.

Its worse when you see all the utter shit they spend it on and they insult you just for good measure ! 
Breaks me mate 

I do and I can't argue with it at all. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a factor in my tactical relocation. As you know I'm a huge advocate for gutting some of these public ideas and letting the average citizen keep their money and then they get to decide how they want to spend it. They fail to prepare they prepare to fail, which is basically the default setting for humanity. That's another one of those comments where the words nazi gets thrown around.

Saying you want to shrink the power of LE and the military gets you labelled a bleeding heart liberal...

The fundamental point is that it's my money. I'm a big boy, and it's not someone else's decision to take away (by force) because they know my situation better than I do. I'm quite happy to lie in the bed that I make for myself.

Sun Tzu's "Death Ground Strategy" stated that when an army has no capacity to retreat that they will summon superhuman spirit to fight and eventually succeed. It works and I believe it's as applicable to daily life as anything else. Remove the incentive to quit.