What has the caribbean and Mexico got that the greek islands doesn't. Genuine question, not looking for an argument.

Couldn't agree more ive been to loads of them and discover different beauty every time i go......cant beat them for climate,culture and food.

Wouldnt catch me in a Carribean island theres darkies living there you know !

lol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't agree more ive been to loads of them and discover different beauty every time i go......cant beat them for climate,culture and food.   Wouldnt catch me in a Carribean island theres darkies

cheap cocaine

I was on holiday in Corfu last year. Sitting in a quiet bar overlooking a small harbour, I got chatting to some well heeled brits. They said the greek islands were pretty much identical to the Caribbe

I was on holiday in Corfu last year. Sitting in a quiet bar overlooking a small harbour, I got chatting to some well heeled brits. They said the greek islands were pretty much identical to the Caribbean. They said they'd given up holidaying there and would continue to come to Corfu because it was the same 'deal' but a fraction of the price. Greek islands for me every time. The language is easy too "two bottles of Mythos Spiros". They understand no problem. :thumbs:

• Like 2

What has the caribbean and Mexico got that the greek islands doesn't. Genuine question, not looking for an argument.

And your area is fairly white :laugh:

And your area is fairly white :laugh:

Exactly.....who wants to go away and recreate all the squalor they,ve gone on holiday to get away from !!

By the way the areas i live are completely white ;)

I was on holiday in Corfu last year. Sitting in a quiet bar overlooking a small harbour, I got chatting to some well heeled brits. They said the greek islands were pretty much identical to the Caribbean. They said they'd given up holidaying there and would continue to come to Corfu because it was the same 'deal' but a fraction of the price. Greek islands for me every time. The language is easy too "two bottles of Mythos Spiros". They understand no problem. :thumbs:

Whats your favourite island chief ?.....just out of curiosity and a love of the same regions ;)

Edited by gnasher16

I have been to a few Greek islands and I would put Kefalonia as the top of my list.

Nice size to get around, mountainous so you get great views and nice coves with towns and harbours and no monstrous all inclusive hotels. Great food too.

I would like to retire there one day.

Another thing about most of the Greek islands, you can travel all over at any time of the day and night and be safer than you are in the U.K.

I doubt you can say that about the Caribbean.

When I finished with my hire car, the rep told me to just leave the keys in the glove compartment, car unlocked, they will come and collect it in a couple of days.

Edited by shepp

Whats your favourite island chief ?.....just out of curiosity and a love of the same regions ;)

I've been to Kos, Zante,Kefalonia but my favourite is Corfu. Very laid back, no crime whatsoever. Been there 7 times. Always love wildlife watching. snorkelling eating, local food. Hiring a car and exploring is my favourite bit of the holiday. Some hairy drivers over there though, I don't think anybody sits a test. :laugh:

Been to loads of Greek islands, skiathos is my favourite i like kefalonia too, but it was before they made that film there and was barely any tourism.

Mamma mia you mean ?........a lot of people think it was Skiathos but apparently there was only 2 or 3 scenes filmed there near the old harbour and the clock tower the majority of it was filmed on Skopelos........which you can get to from Skiathos although a lot of the film was also done on the main land on specially built sets.

I've been to Kos, Zante,Kefalonia but my favourite is Corfu. Very laid back, no crime whatsoever. Been there 7 times. Always love wildlife watching. snorkelling eating, local food. Hiring a car and exploring is my favourite bit of the holiday. Some hairy drivers over there though, I don't think anybody sits a test. :laugh:

Of the more popular islands i think Kefalonia takes some beating around Skala but Santorini is my favourite ive been to loads of the popular ones as well as the less popular if you fancy looking into some of the less well known Milos and Naxos are really beautiful,big lush green gorges and valleys that contrast with the traditional quaintness the islands are known for i cant get enough of them i thought Smugglers Cove in Zante was a let down but apart from that ive enjoyed everywhere ive been.

Edited by gnasher16

Been to loads of Greek islands, skiathos is my favourite i like kefalonia too, but it was before they made that film there and was barely any tourism.

Mamma mia you mean ?........a lot of people think it was Skiathos but apparently there was only 2 or 3 scenes filmed there near the old harbour and the clock tower the majority of it was filmed on Skopelos........which you can get to from Skiathos although a lot of the film was also done on the main land on specially built sets.

Of the more popular islands i think Kefalonia takes some beating around Skala but Santorini is my favourite ive been to loads of the popular ones as well as the less popular if you fancy looking into some of the less well known Milos and Naxos are really beautiful,big lush green gorges and valleys that contrast with the traditional quaintness the islands are known for i cant get enough of them i thought Smugglers Cove in Zante was a let down but apart from that ive enjoyed everywhere ive been.

No it was captain correlis mandalin, we were there as they were filming it and I've been told it's a lot more popular and built up since. I'll have a look at Milos and Naxos i like the places that haven't been changed by tourism and love the Greek people there very down to earth and appreciate the simple things in life.

• Like 1