Us English Should Have The Vote

jacquline minor, as an excisting member scotland would be in a different position from the likes of serbia and other countries going through the memberhsip process. as a member already, scotland ticks the required boxes..

Quote:

Last month Jacqueline Minor, the European Commission's outgoing official representative in the UK, said no more states would be allowed in before 2020, the year after Britain leaves.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im tearing up here lads ? glad to read not all English lads are falling into the nationlists trap. Cause so much division and anomosity trying to get us to hate each other.   what a f***ing horri

"Whole swathes "! Lol you're ignorance knows no bounds.   Yea I forgot the south has full unemployment and its T total.   As for Scotland being a shithole lol you evidently have never set foot in

Well I for one won't be buying into all this stupid politicians shit to get people at each other's throats......its f***ing old hat and boring as f**k. Yes the jocks are all ugly, yes they are comple

Posted Images

Scotland joining the EU would mean losing the UK's rebate and making it a contributory member, unable to make it's own trade agreements, having to take in it's allocation of asylum seekers, and free movement of people from the EU (and whoever else wants manages to illegally get into the EU). You're telling me that's in Scotland's interests?!

you normaly give me a hard time for copying and pasting

She said: "I think, had Scotland achieved independence, there would be no reason why it would not be accepted into the normal accession process."

Minor was then asked if Scotland would be prioritised in the accession process to the EU if the country voted to quit the UK in the wake of Brexit.

She added: "I think, obviously, there are some things that would facilitate that process, namely that Scotland would at a previous point have been aligned with the European acquis.

"So it would have a familiarity with European processes, it would probably still have on its statute books a fair amount of European rules, which would mean it was starting from a point different from other applicant countries, who normally have to go through the entire process of aligning their rules with European rules."

it says join the queue, there is no queue.. its just a process, as a current member the foundations are already in place

Have to pull you up there joe, you are not a current member.......The United Kingdom is a current member.......just saying

• Like 4

She said: "I think, had Scotland achieved independence, there would be no reason why it would not be accepted into the normal accession process."

Minor was then asked if Scotland would be prioritised in the accession process to the EU if the country voted to quit the UK in the wake of Brexit.

She added: "I think, obviously, there are some things that would facilitate that process, namely that Scotland would at a previous point have been aligned with the European acquis.

"So it would have a familiarity with European processes, it would probably still have on its statute books a fair amount of European rules, which would mean it was starting from a point different from other applicant countries, who normally have to go through the entire process of aligning their rules with European rules."

That was a quote attributed to her before the last indyref weren't it? Things have changed since then and the other major players in the EU have said they'll veto it, again. She didnt have the authority to speak on their behalf anyway, it was just her personal opinion.

That was a quote attributed to her before the last indyref weren't it? Things have changed since then and the other major players in the EU have said they'll veto it, again. She didnt have the authority to speak on their behalf anyway, it was just her personal opinion.

no mate, 2-3 weeks ago interview with bbc scotland. are you refering to spain? all in the wording mate, they wont veto

Joe your whole argument for Indepenance rests upon the notion Europe will welcome an independent Scotland with open arms.

Question: would you till seek Indepenance if EU membership was off the table, yes or no?

Joe?

Joe?

I believe there are options to be in the single market and not part of the eu, EFTA/EEA??? Yes

Already off the table! I have told you Spain has already publically announced it WILL veto any form of membership ;)

jacquline minor, as an excisting member scotland would be in a different position from the likes of serbia and other countries going through the memberhsip process. as a member already, scotland ticks the required boxes..

Nope, your economy is no where near what they want.

This is an opinion of hers hence the constant use of "I think" face it Joe, you're just not capable of debating this ubject. You are entirely incapable.
  • Like 1

????

Do you know who this clown is????

He's about as popular as herpes at a swingers gathering with his own party and about as senior as the teaboy. His views are at complete odds with his party's line also with Catalunya, Albania etc

jajajaja, the two situations are different. catalonia in spain is different from scotland in the uk.. spain keep saying an iscotland would need to reapply, go through the process every other country does

can you provide a recent link or video from someone high up in spains government, that states 100% they will veto scotlands eu membership if it tries to rejoin. not maybe, could, if etc etc etc

L8l@mush i remember the first time i went abroad and got faced with their "Breakfast". WTF is this. Wheres the sausages and fried eggs lol if scots were forced to eat continental i assure you they would all vote no haha.

This is an opinion of hers hence the constant use of "I think" face it Joe, you're just not capable of debating this ubject. You are entirely incapable.

I think our Joe's done alright :yes:

...... He's been fairly polite and well mannered in the face of some pretty harsh criticism on this thread :good:

Fair play Joe, atb mate.

• Like 1