Seasons Up..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be 73 shortly, so at my time of life, I shall be doing what ive been doing for years, and putting work in front of my dogs, the amount I take wont make much difference , ive a pup to bring on,

The mountains both here in the Lake District & up in Scotland where this pic was taken is where i spend the majority of my spare time,the weather isn't always wall to wall sunshine infact it's usu

Great to hear so many varied answers,even though we all have one thing in common in the lurchers we all have so many different things to occupy our time..Cheers folks,have a great time whatever it is

Posted Images

Some cracking groups on facebook as well as bad

I believe you but the one I that was a member of I left because of the lack of respect. No respect for their quarry, no respect for land owners and no respect for their dogs. 'Crazy Lamping Cpursing Crew' I think that it's called. Was added by a mate but I left after less than a year

• Like 1

I'm going to helping out a Gamekeeper with feeding up and checking Larson traps etc in the evenings after work. Will take my running dogs with me to catch any ground game while I'm at it! Should keep them sharp during the summer!

Bit double standards from your previous post

• Like 4

I'm going to helping out a Gamekeeper with feeding up and checking Larson traps etc in the evenings after work. Will take my running dogs with me to catch any ground game while I'm at it! Should keep them sharp during the summer!

Why?

season only starting if facebooks anything to go by.whole tribe of them on now with a clip up of 3 dogs chasing a hare.they all seemed chuffed how good a spin it was going by the comments.

its the same down or side of the country when it comes to hare coursing when the season is over.and the weather gets good the traveller lads are out with the wife beaters on, stepped haircuts and 4 to 6 lurchers.it a common sight in the coursing preserves.its been like this for as long as i can remember.

Why?

The title to this topic should give you a clue

Why?
The title to this topic should give you a clue

I don't think that my dogs catching the odd summer rabbit while walking the countryside constitutes hunting out of season pal.

Some people are ever so funny!

I'll be fishing until mid August when I start hunting again with my hawk. I'll be concentrating mostly on catfish and the British shark species but want to catch thirteen new species to take my overall tally to 120. I'm sure there'll also be a bit of ratting and mooching around to do in the summer months to keep my two GWP's ticking over.

At some point in the middle of summer I will be making the long journey from belgium to County Durham to pick up a sparrow hawk chick, which I will imprint, with the involvement of my kids. Then a bit of summer hunting with it! Haha...