My younger daughter who is 13 has got a right bee in her bonnet about showing dogs and I have to honest, I actively encourage her.

She is out every day working with my 2 GSPs, training, looking after them, feeding......she reads up about dogs all the time, all different breeds, she is watching handling and training videos all the time......she loves it.

She has a good understanding of a working dog should be fit for work first and foremost.

She has been watching Crufts and I personally am happy she is into it, could be a lot worse ;)

• Like 10

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My younger daughter who is 13 has got a right bee in her bonnet about showing dogs and I have to honest, I actively encourage her. She is out every day working with my 2 GSPs, training, looking after

What some of you lads seem to be glossing over here is the basic cruelty thats involved in all this......so what if the working lines still exist....as people who consistently have the cruelty finger

It doesnt upset me it just pisses me off that the breeding of deformed unhealthy animals for the human ego is promoted by organisations that claim to care for animals.....thats bad enough in itself bu

Saw a young girl handling 2 ESS dogs at a shoot last year.. Put everybody to shame. She was quiet but assertive. Her dogs never put a leg wrong but retained their speed and enthusiasm. None of the shouting, testosterone stuff you see in a lot of male handlers. Sometimes the female sex adds a different dimension to traditionally male activities. There's a elderly woman on the salmon beat that I fish who always gets more than her share of fish. Female pheromones she reckons.

Watched a bit of the fly ball comp, mix of breeds and cross breeds involved which was good to see that it's not only collie types

I don't believe there handlers have any more insight into dogs then most lurcher men but they have a working bond predicted on prey making and when you control what the dog believes is prey , you control the dog

Watched a bit of the fly ball comp, mix of breeds and cross breeds involved which was good to see that it's not only collie types

I don't believe there handlers have any more insight into dogs then most lurcher men but they have a working bond predicted on prey making and when you control what the dog believes is prey , you control the dog

I don't think most lurcher owners have any insight into dogs.
  • Like 2

No. Not a fan of the Kennel club. Caused a lot of malformed dogs over the years. We'd be better off without it.

The Kennel Club is a business that just want breeders £££££££ The breeders cause the malformed dogs.

• Like 5

Pupsicles was transfixed. First time he's ever found telly more interesting than our dinner. But they all look like they can't DO anything, poor things. Like a goodlooking man where you think 'but can you build a house, or fix a car, or clean up sick?' Unfortunate things not fit for purpose. (The Ibizan was robbed, by the way.)T

There was at least one dog in one of the groups yesterday that can do, has done and will be doing more of what she was bred to do. The handler has probably seen and done more than some on here

One! And to what standard. Broken toe or bad wire scar would wrongly be ending that dogs show career so don't think that dog will be grafted over much. I feel like kicking the screen in watching Crufts.Pathetic exuses for dogs and more so handlers and breeders.How hunting can be banned and KC can be legally tolerated bewilders and astounds me.The road to ruin and a warning to all the lurcher and terrier showman who think more about looks than temperament and working qualities of their dogs.I just can't see the point of showing dogs or out else for that matter. Just look at Welsh Cobs ,Carlisle Game ,British Bulldogs etc etc.Ruined end of.

Pupsicles was transfixed. First time he's ever found telly more interesting than our dinner. But they all look like they can't DO anything, poor things. Like a goodlooking man where you think 'but can you build a house, or fix a car, or clean up sick?' Unfortunate things not fit for purpose. (The Ibizan was robbed, by the way.)T

There was at least one dog in one of the groups yesterday that can do, has done and will be doing more of what she was bred to do. The handler has probably seen and done more than some on here too!!
Pray tell which dog was this then ?

I don't think most lurcher owners have any insight into dogs.

I think some know what they know about certain types of dog but little about other types.......I'd class myself as that.

What I do think you could accurately say about all dog owners (working or pet) is that they don't cull hard enough, they will keep, sell or move on that which should really be given a bullet.....and there's lots of dogs that should be given that.

• Like 2

Only thing good about crufts is that Claire Balding ? turns out shes a carpet muncher :icon_eek:

Her Fathers in Walshes lurchers and longdogs he used to like a lurcher about him by all accounts.

Claire Balding is a sell out. With her racing background she knows better and should speak out rather than dancing to the tune n taking the pound. She knows the dance regarding working animals be it dogs,horses or whatever.

• Like 2

Only thing good about crufts is that Claire Balding ? turns out shes a carpet muncher :icon_eek:

Her Fathers in Walshes lurchers and longdogs he used to like a lurcher about him by all accounts.

Claire Balding is a sell out. With her racing background she knows better and should speak out rather than dancing to the tune n taking the pound. She knows the dance regarding working animals be it dogs,horses or whatever.

As with most people big ££s rule

• Like 1

My younger daughter who is 13 has got a right bee in her bonnet about showing dogs and I have to honest, I actively encourage her.

She is out every day working with my 2 GSPs, training, looking after them, feeding......she reads up about dogs all the time, all different breeds, she is watching handling and training videos all the time......she loves it.

She has a good understanding of a working dog should be fit for work first and foremost.

She has been watching Crufts and I personally am happy she is into it, could be a lot worse ;)

Bring her over next year, will sort you some tickets if you fancy it. Gundog day will be on the Sunday, sure my girls will act as a guide for her! Did she watch the terrier group?

Bring her over next year, will sort you some tickets if you fancy it. Gundog day will be on the Sunday, sure my girls will act as a guide for her! Did she watch the terrier group?

Hey hey, long time no see !!.......how yous all doing ?

That's a lovely offer, so you know what, I may just take you up on that......let keep in touch.

If you find yourself in ireland you have to come and see us ;)

She will have the terriers recorded.......will I have a look? ;)

Edited by WILF