Tony Bellew V David Haye

Bellew's antics on the lead up to this fight were cringeworthy.., although I do believe he's been encouraged to do it by management and his promoter. I get that these guys have a living to make, and that the big dough is in PPV numbers and so the event needs a bit of selling, but the WWE style trash talking and the fake hatred is getting a bit much. I'm a big fan of what Hearn & Sky do but they need to tread carefully with this.

• Like 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This fight was always going to be about how much Haye had left after years of inactivity......and he has nothing left.....before the end of the first round i turned to a couple of pals of mine and sai

Watching haye fall apart like that was brilliant

I was praying for Hayes Rocky momment to come but it didn't ....maybe if he wasn't vegan and used pigs for bag work it would have been different week ankles them vegans

haye looked heavy,a bit wild,but still dangerous,he surely give up,and tony didnt look great either,poor fight imo.

true, Haye finished i reckon, he either got fight more regular as he got his age against him now, and deff fight at 15 st ,and not any heavier neither of them are proper natural heavyweights but haye the more powerful puncher , and the extra weight plus age is going against him. a lighter Haye and fitter would have won that fight, so either change his fight plan or finish . :yes:

• Like 1

haye looked heavy,a bit wild,but still dangerous,he surely give up,and tony didnt look great either,poor fight imo.

true, Haye finished i reckon, he either got fight more regular as he got his age against him now, and deff fight at 15 st ,and not any heavier neither of them are proper natural heavyweights but haye the more powerful puncher , and the extra weight plus age is going against him. a lighter Haye and fitter would have won that fight, so either change his fight plan or finish . :yes:

the ankle injury changed the fight, even steven hawking could move more easily, haye showed he can still take a dig. and still throw. but the rematch should be at cruiser weight. for any that like to see tough nuts watch the foreman vs tommy Morrison fight, power at its rawest

the ankle injury changed the fight, even steven hawking could move more easily, haye showed he can still take a dig. and still throw. but the rematch should be at cruiser weight. for any that like to see tough nuts watch the foreman vs tommy Morrison fight, power at its rawest

What a lot of folk dont seem to understand is whether they fought at heavyweight cruiserweight or bantamweight Bellew is still the naturally bigger man regardless what Haye weighs.

• Like 1

What a lot of folk dont seem to understand is whether they fought at heavyweight cruiserweight or bantamweight Bellew is still the naturally bigger man regardless what Haye weighs.

still makes for an enjoyable fight I rather see them fight toe to toe than hug n avoid. do you think they'll have another go?

It's amazing how everybody is an expert after the fight and can give a forensic opinion on what happened and that hayes career was finished when very few even the elite professionals at world level thought that bellew stood a chance before the fight and even accused haye of taking a handy fight for money rather than pride. People say how slow he was but commentators before the fight said he was lightning quick on the bag and in sparring and looked sharper than ever. After the injury nobody can give a fair analogy of what might have happened. Just because the first few rounds were poor doesn't mean haye wouldn't of gotten into a higher gear as the fight went on and Bellew didnt look like he had much to offer against a cripple so I think haye would easily have won. It was just unfortunate circumstances and the fight was ruined.

Edited by jiggy
  • Like 1

Like him or not haye was more watchable than the 6 foot 6 inch plus giants that are left in the division hugging each other like slow set songs at a teenage disco. The tactics might work for the big fighters but it's ruining boxing as an exciting sport. Those giants should be given their own division to stop them preventing talented boxers from shining through.

Like him or not haye was more watchable than the 6 foot 6 inch plus giants that are left in the division hugging each other like slow set songs at a teenage disco. The tactics might work for the big fighters but it's ruining boxing as an exciting sport. Those giants should be given their own division to stop them preventing talented boxers from shining through.

true , and yet at 15st haye would be heavyweight , its as you say they got bigger 6ft 6in 18-19st . he always struggle with them , but haye can deff punch his weight , and ko most fighters but big buggers like them to much holding/mauling . i hope they have rematch and haye can get few fights in get fitter and drop a stone , then you see a different fight :yes: but think it prob over for him now, age and lack of fights caught up with him :yes:

Couldnt agree more ive been saying for years there needs to be a super heavyweight division.......when sport gets to the stage where Tyson Fury would probably beat Rocky Marciano/Joe Frazier etc you know something needs to be changed !

As for Haye he is a far better boxer than the majority of heavyweights he just isnt big enough.....not even for Bellew at this stage of his career.

• Like 1

Couldnt agree more ive been saying for years there needs to be a super heavyweight division.......when sport gets to the stage where Tyson Fury would probably beat Rocky Marciano/Joe Frazier etc you know something needs to be changed !

As for Haye he is a far better boxer than the majority of heavyweights he just isnt big enough.....not even for Bellew at this stage of his career.

:thumbs:

exactly Haye isn't big enough 25 year ago he would have been plenty big. Rocky Marciano and Mike Tyson were smaller than him

exactly Haye isn't big enough 25 year ago he would have been plenty big. Rocky Marciano and Mike Tyson were smaller than him

yeh both them under 6ft, Haye 6ft 2in 15st , tyson 5ft 11 1/2 16st , dont think rocky was even 14 st and 5ft 10 i think , yeh you right Haye a normal size heavy , not like these super size heavies of today . 6ft 6in 17-19st