American Sniper

im sure the families of his victims are all running about chuffed

I am sure the families of his victims were all terrorists .........

terrorised be more like it, brits an yanks had no right to be in it

I forgot you are a terrorist lover .........

• Like 3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure the families of his victims were all terrorists .........

PTSD was the same in ww2 as it is now ... back then guys were shot for being deserters ... lots of men came back from the war changed and were never the same again ... the difference is today that we

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ? Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the

I was out with some friends at the weekend, one of the women was married to a chap who was in the SAS (Hereford not TA) for several years, they divorced 8 years ago, she said she loved him and still does but it got to be living with him was unbareable he'd come home after being away for weeks not knowing if he was safe or not and she'd have to pick up the pieces when he came home. He'd only ever talk about what he'd been up to with his colleagues never with her just 1000 yard stare all the time and mood swings. She said a few of his mates did away with themselves. I suppose unless you've walked in a mans shoes how can you know what it's like.

• Like 2

I find it very hard to bring myself to watch American war film type things.......it's normally all "inner turmoil and tears of a muscle bound hero" type shit.......I find myself thinking "oh shut up" !

• Like 2

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ?

Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the 20s and raised in the 20/30s

Different world really. Many of the stabilizing factors of life back then survived, and carried on during the depression and prohibition (over here). When our guys came back the economy was picking up and everyone was hopeful. I know your situation was very different but they probably saw an opportunity to rebuild what was lost. I'm proud of my parents generation for many reasons. But those over on your side really pulled something incredible off.

• Like 1

And yet millions of lads came back from WW2 and cracked on leading normal productive lives?..........is that a generation thing you think ?

Not much pissing and crying from them old boys born in the 20s and raised in the 20/30s

Different world really. Many of the stabilizing factors of life back then survived, and carried on during the depression and prohibition (over here). When our guys came back the economy was picking up and everyone was hopeful. I know your situation was very different but they probably saw an opportunity to rebuild what was lost. I'm proud of my parents generation for many reasons. But those over on your side really pulled something incredible off.

Very kind words mate, but I think that generation in both of our countries faced the same problems and showed the same quiet resolve and strength of character after WW2........in my opinion they are men to aspire to.

All this weepy, crying, find a safe place shit I find very hard to understand.

PTSD was the same in ww2 as it is now ... back then guys were shot for being deserters ... lots of men came back from the war changed and were never the same again ... the difference is today that we understand it more which brings out all the leeches that want to label you with some thing so they can earn a buck out of you ... add the social media aspect of everybody pouring their heart out in blogs and the problem is multiplied a thousand times ... the bottom line is you can be the best soldier in the world but that doesn't mean in the quiet of your own mind your not in turmoil ... some people can switch off some can't ........

• Like 9

I was out with some friends at the weekend, one of the women was married to a chap who was in the SAS (Hereford not TA) for several years, they divorced 8 years ago, she said she loved him and still does but it got to be living with him was unbareable he'd come home after being away for weeks not knowing if he was safe or not and she'd have to pick up the pieces when he came home. He'd only ever talk about what he'd been up to with his colleagues never with her just 1000 yard stare all the time and mood swings. She said a few of his mates did away with themselves. I suppose unless you've walked in a mans shoes how can you know what it's like.

lot of truth in that mate seen it so many times, i know iam not wired up right i loved war especially covert shit and got in some messes the biggest problem was coming back into civvy life ive never had any sort of counselling for it and dont want it even though everybody tryed to get me to have it , i go into couldnt give a shit mode now and then and thats bloody dangerous territory i just dont care if i topped myself or any other f****r i could lose everything and couldn t care less but i manage it keep out of way and spend lots of time sat up the field with a dog it passes but something will trigger it again ive had a few mate top there selves and my missus is convinced one day il do it she prays she not around to see it , folk manage it differently some survive some sercome to the dark forces inside and some just go nuts

• Like 3

I also find the guys in war these days are doing it with a media microscope attached to them, they cant walk down a street without some camera shoved in their faces from a "war correspondent"

Everyone wants the bad guys removed but without anyone innocent getting hurt and if anyone is hurt we will string you up in the media for all to see.

Guess what innocent people are killed in war, there no such thing a a bullet that will only kill bad guys, if the country ask our lads to risk their necks in going to a war zone then the country should accept the consequences of that action, no ifs, no buts, no inquiries, FULL STOP!!!

Can you imagine if media was the same now as when the bombings of Dresden,Essen, Hamburg took place in WW2 the liberal w*nkers would have the bomber crews all up on criminal charges..

To all our service men and women of today and yesterday :notworthy:

• Like 1

lot of truth in that mate seen it so many times, i know iam not wired up right i loved war especially covert shit and got in some messes the biggest problem was coming back into civvy life ive never had any sort of counselling for it and dont want it even though everybody tryed to get me to have it , i go into couldnt give a shit mode now and then and thats bloody dangerous territory i just dont care if i topped myself or any other f****r i could lose everything and couldn t care less but i manage it keep out of way and spend lots of time sat up the field with a dog it passes but something will trigger it again ive had a few mate top there selves and my missus is convinced one day il do it she prays she not around to see it , folk manage it differently some survive some sercome to the dark forces inside and some just go nuts

Absolute shite, Jason bourne bollocks

• Like 2

I also find the guys in war these days are doing it with a media microscope attached to them, they cant walk down a street without some camera shoved in their faces from a "war correspondent"

Everyone wants the bad guys removed but without anyone innocent getting hurt and if anyone is hurt we will string you up in the media for all to see.

Guess what innocent people are killed in war, there no such thing a a bullet that will only kill bad guys, if the country ask our lads to risk their necks in going to a war zone then the country should accept the consequences of that action, no ifs, no buts, no inquiries, FULL STOP!!!

Can you imagine if media was the same now as when the bombings of Dresden,Essen, Hamburg took place in WW2 the liberal w*nkers would have the bomber crews all up on criminal charges..

To all our service men and women of today and yesterday :notworthy:

Very true

15,000 - 20,000 civilians were killed during the Normandy campaign alone.

A lot of untrue myths existed back then just like they do today regard precision bombing etc. Rocket equipped typhoons and strafing US fighter recorded many tank kills yet got close to zero, I think there may have only been one recorded tank destroyed by CAS aircraft.

Weapons today are far more accurate but it's impossible to avoid civilian casualties due to the limitations of 'intelligence'

To be far the bomber command guys were treated like absolute sh*t after the war (they had the highest casualty rate of any service arm) and it was only recently that they were even awarded a campaign medal...what an insult!

• Like 2