Unwanted Publicity

Can remember Paul ogrady once had two terriers on his chat show wanting homes, he snarled at the camera "these two were forced to go ferreting" lol truly shocking bet whatever they'd been up to haunted them

Can't stand that c**t either! Those terriers weren't forced to go 'chutney ferreting' were they?! Lol.

Meat in freezers,dogs in kennels, lamps on shelves! Where the f**k are we going lads, how much more of this anti crap are we supposed to take and why isn't anything being said or done by the so called pro hunting organisations we look up to for support??

I've said it for years , we need a documentary

I agree we need to find a way of putting our side accross no good sitting on here bitching about it in the last thread there were emails sent complaints made and they've run another story on it !!

I also agree with that. A program like 'out of town' which was hosted by jack hargreaves, would be good.

He had a great, sensible way of putting things across.

• Like 2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meat in freezers,dogs in kennels, lamps on shelves! Where the f**k are we going lads, how much more of this anti crap are we supposed to take and why isn't anything being said or done by the so called

Awl and alike should adress this and act upon it , part of the reson I have allways walked my own path, joining clubs and organisations ain't my thing, one of the resons being that they talk the talk

Just winds me up that the mindless majority think that people who work dogs (lurchers mainly) are always up to no good. When most of the time they are the fittest dogs you will ever see! But the RSPCA

We definitely need a voice! Someone who can stand up and defend us when confronted by countless individuals who are being brain washed by so called intelligent animal loving experts. Has anyone wondered why the BBC hasn't yet picked up on the heroic work done by the Fen & Moorland, surely that would change the views of many people! These guys do voluntary rescue of dogs in difficulty whether working or pet day and night for as long as it takes! There must be television programme makers sitting on the fence just needing that little push to show our side of the coin! Man up and be counted and show there are two sides to story that is all we ask! PLEASE

• Like 1

We definitely need a voice! Someone who can stand up and defend us when confronted by countless individuals who are being brain washed by so called intelligent animal loving experts. Has anyone wondered why the BBC hasn't yet picked up on the heroic work done by the Fen & Moorland, surely that would change the views of many people! These guys do voluntary rescue of dogs in difficulty whether working or pet day and night for as long as it takes! There must be television programme makers sitting on the fence just needing that little push to show our side of the coin! Man up and be counted and show there are two sides to story that is all we ask! PLEASE

you sound passionate about why don't you get the ball rolling go for it

I'm a nobody mate but with enough passion for what we do and the people involved in it. What we need is someone who is an individual that can actually talk the talk and walk the walk and be a campaigner known to the public who can take on the cause! Quite chuffed you thought of me though lol. Keep the faith ATB

Totally agree with all the lads comments that the guy didn't help himself and deserved what he got! But the way the BBC portrayed the programme showing "TOOLS OF THE TRADE" which I'm sure each and every one of us has in our possession, even a live catch trap which to be honest I use a few regularly and are sold freely and legally! A knife and a freezer with meat in ffs my gran used to have one with joints of meat in! Was she involved in some devious undercover blood sport?? I think I have showed how passionate I am with what we do so going to take some chill pills now to see if I can calm down lol. Keep the faith

If someone could make a short film of about 15 minutes explaining and showing real Lurcher and terrier work and everyone from here sent a email or letter to the bbc or another channel they might make a programme there self showing the real side of dog work but it would need someone well spoken that could put our point across and show sensible dogs working

• Like 1

Is not Country side Alliance and the AWL supposedly fighting the corner of the joe blogs dog lad? I see a few press releases of Mr Bonner regarding the BBC activities although these have a bias towards Hunts and shooting. The Ordinary lad with dogs is either unrepresented or under represented, the various groups and organisations seem to be more interested in membership recruitment than actually getting involved at a grass roots level. Lots of lads are disinterested in clubs and associations for the very reason they feel they dont speak for or represent them. The lACS and Antis have a unified front and have a well publicised intention basically to end any kind of hunting activity. Whilst the country activity participants only seem to be interested in their own area of participation. Every nail in the coffin lid of country activities emphasises the death nell for hunting and sporting activities with dogs.The Hunting Act is only the tip of a very large iceberg and every hunting freedom that is eroded makes it all the more difficult to try to fight a rear guard action Older generation who protested against the introduction of the Act are either gone or left the sport the responsibility now lies on those who want to continue centuries old traditions why should they be criminalised for having meat in the freezer or trying to stay within a Draconian Law.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

Is not Country side Alliance and the AWL supposedly fighting the corner of the joe blogs dog lad? I see a few press releases of Mr Bonner regarding the BBC activities although these have a bias towards Hunts and shooting. The Ordinary lad with dogs is either unrepresented or under represented, the various groups and organisations seem to be more interested in membership recruitment than actually getting involved at a grass roots level. Lots of lads are disinterested in clubs and associations for the very reason they feel they dont speak for or represent them. The lACS and Antis have a unified front and have a well publicised intention basically to end any kind of hunting activity. Whilst the country activity participants only seem to be interested in their own area of participation. Every nail in the coffin lid of country activities emphasises the death nell for hunting and sporting activities with dogs.The Hunting Act is only the tip of a very large iceberg and every hunting freedom that is eroded makes it all the more difficult to try to fight a rear guard action Older generation who protested against the introduction of the Act are either gone or left the sport the responsibility now lies on those who want to continue centuries old traditions why should they be criminalised for having meat in the freezer or trying to stay within a Draconian Law.

Well written db. But again, and I've said this in the past a few times, you've written the 'sport' when it comes to hunting. Hunting is hunting, not sport, and the sooner people stop using the word 'sport' the better.

I know the majority of people partaking in working dog activities etc use the word 'sport', as in 'fieldsports' etc, but we're doing ourselves no favours by continuing to use that word, it's hunting, in whatever form. Doesn't mean you still can't take pride in your dog/dogs if they work well etc, but using the word 'sport' says to all those opposed to hunting that we're doing for it fun, and 'persecuting' (their words, not mine) wildlife for a laugh.

Hunting to put meat on the table, or to eradicate pests such as rats, for example, is far less provocative to most people.

Not singling you out db, just saying in general :thumbs:

Well written db. But again, and I've said this in the past a few times, you've written the 'sport' when it comes to hunting. Hunting is hunting, not sport, and the sooner people stop using the word 'sport' the better.

I know the majority of people partaking in working dog activities etc use the word 'sport', as in 'fieldsports' etc, but we're doing ourselves no favours by continuing to use that word, it's hunting, in whatever form. Doesn't mean you still can't take pride in your dog/dogs if they work well etc, but using the word 'sport' says to all those opposed to hunting that we're doing for it fun, and 'persecuting' (their words, not mine) wildlife for a laugh.

Hunting to put meat on the table, or to eradicate pests such as rats, for example, is far less provocative to most people.

Not singling you out db, just saying in general :thumbs:

Hunting is a fieldsport. Without the sporting chance for the quarry to escape, hunting is just killing. The sporting chance is at the epicentre of the case to support hunting. Avoiding using the term sport serves little purpose.

• Like 4

I'd say the majority of hunters do hunt for "fun" and it'd be dishonest to try and deny that aspect of it. If it was all about efficiently putting meat on the table and eradicating pests there's better ways to do it than with dogs.

• Like 3