Caught Poaching Stories

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me but a friend lol .. Right on some big fields looking for a run when he noticed on the road the police waiting for him. So never one for giving up walks in the direction of a wood . Going throug

This goes back to the early 80s me and a mate were lamping some land near to where we lived, quite familiar to us. About one in the morning we were shining the lamp across the field when my mate said

used to net for years mate,salmo (as whin would say)and sea trout,had a lot of fish,not even had a chase and sometimes i had a net out a couple of times a week,its how i bought my dog,airguns,and shot

Posted Images

Not me but a friend lol .. Right on some big fields looking for a run when he noticed on the road the police waiting for him. So never one for giving up walks in the direction of a wood . Going through the undergrowth he comes to a big red brick wall going around a big Manor House. The wall is too high for him to climb so he circles it . He can hear the police now talking and coming in the wood . Then he happens on the main gates just as a works can an electrician driving through the gates . So just as the gates are closing he slips in safe behind the red brick wall for a while. As he's sitting there it dawns on him that there's no way out because the walls to high to climb. So what he does is waits for the electrician to come back to he's van . The he chucks he's dog in the back and jumps in the passenger side to a shocked electrician and says my cars broke down mate I'm looking to ring the AA but can't find a phone they won't let me use the one I the Manor House could you drop me to the nearest village ? The electrician although a bit taken a back agrees and drives out of the main gates past the gavvers scratching their heads and to the village . Where my friend thanks him and makes he's way back to he's car lol

• Like 18

I remember once I was on a large tract of land it held loads of game i heard a noise look up to see a gamekeeper in a land rover with a shotgun out the window he went bolistic said he was going to shoot me for poaching I calmly explained as soon Amy eggs were done I would be on my way

• Like 1

Two blokes lied to me once said we had permission when we didn't, I got caught early morning with a few mates and there was me trying to explain I had permission to this seriously pissed off land owner with a discovery full of his lads and a few more in a pick up. When I told him who gave me the Permo he told me he told that c**t never to come back on there again and the other bloke was to do no more than the ferreting....ffs We'd been hammering the place Day and night dogs and guns for around 6 months ?

Got caught mid day avoiding a rough plough field walking right past some pens not to long ago where I shouldn't have been and now have full Permo there after walking round a corner as the keeper was coming round it the opposite way. Picked up a load more through that keeper too since he's sound.

Never bumped into anyone at night before mind, but I don't poach so why would I ?

• Like 2

Two blokes lied to me once said we had permission when we didn't, I got caught early morning with a few mates and there was me trying to explain I had permission to this seriously pissed off land owner with a discovery full of his lads and a few more in a pick up. When I told him who gave me the Permo he told me he told that c**t never to come back on there again and the other bloke was to do no more than the ferreting....ffs We'd been hammering the place Day and night dogs and guns for around 6 months ?

Got caught mid day avoiding a rough plough field walking right past some pens not to long ago where I shouldn't have been and now have full Permo there after walking round a corner as the keeper was coming round it the opposite way. Picked up a load more through that keeper too since he's sound.

Never bumped into anyone at night before mind, but I don't poach so why would I ?

I've had a similar thing happen