Which One Are You ?

Right lads and lassies been thinking about this for a while....been at the hunting game me whole life always loved it as the man says if its in your blood bla bla bla.. But I think I can break our people down to 3 categories...

No 1 the dog man that is full on...he doesn't fook about if the dogs no good or shows any weaknesses at all start again..move on

No 2 is the dog man who gets a half decent dog builds a reputation around it and milks it financially for what its worth..lies and all included...

No 3 is the dog owner that knows that its mutt has its faults but gets excited by the small things and accepts that's his hound has faults but sees by this because the dog is his companion I've been no 1 and I'm now 3.. maybe I'm getting old atb

• Like 3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just enjoy my dogs I'd pretty much say every dog has a fault some where! I have a standard in my head my mutts must meet but other than that I'm not out to have the best dogs or be the best I don't

I'm number 4 lol..A part time has been who's enjoyed the ride along the way..Been fortunate to own one or two handy jukels over the years..Now that I have long lost the ego to have/want & need of

What about number 5   The lad who's desperate to be a legendary dog man, comes on thl not knowing jack and 3 months later is handing out advice like he's talking to children (most of whom are probab

Posted Images

number 1 but but sometimes its not allways been the best way as my father always says to me dogs are not machines in the past iv run dogs to much and its done them no good its only my own fault being young and keen also i see a fault in a dog thats all i see and it turns me blind to its positives and iv made some bad chooses i allways think the grass is greener on the other side lol im very happy with what iv got in the kennel now and i hope it stays that way as its not fair changing dogs every few months

I just enjoy my dogs I'd pretty much say every dog has a fault some where! I have a standard in my head my mutts must meet but other than that I'm not out to have the best dogs or be the best I don't run them into the ground and don't really see the point in doing it iv stopped my dogs lamping a few times sooner than most would !

It's about enjoyment for me and being out and about more than catching loads

• Like 15

i have been number 1 and lived to regret it. I got rid of a dog i would chew my right arm off to own now for a silly little fault, that i could more than live with now!!

im deffo number 3 now. i think alot of the problem is to many lads worry about what other boys have kennelled and what they are doing with there dog, instead of enjoying there own mutt for what it is. people have different needs.....for example i do alot of hunting with wales 123 above. his lurchers are superb for hunting there quarry out along a desolate hill as this is how he hunts..........that type of dog would be disastrous for me here whilst working with a pack of hounds.....i need my own lurchers to stay steady by my side and wait for the quarry to come to them......as this is they type of hunting i do most of........

wales 123 dogs would be useless for my needs.........and my own mutts even worse for his!.....but in there own rights we certainly get by!

atb

• Like 3

number 3 , 1st i am 64 old fooker lol , with bad back that getting worse every year. :yes: . when i 1st started out , i took it to serious , a dog at to kill foxes, catch hares, and get plenty of rabbits. in them days it was 90% on my own, maybe the odd night with a mate, but most on me own, within my own area . i suppose you soon realise that all dogs are different , some are good and some not so good, lol and over the years ive had few different dogs me self and seen other dogs work , and prob going on the internet more so . i don't work my dog Buck enough really, if i were younger+ fitter i would :yes: but that the way it is . But when i do work him he gives me 100% effort , and up for anything in the lamp :thumbs: pity you can't turn the clock back . :yes:

• Like 3

No 3 always have been always will be. Not in the game to kill things but to work my dog. My dogs are always my companions and I just enjoy watching them work and knowing them well any game I do catch is all the better knowing it's an accomplishment my dogs do a lot more than just run and kill they are friendly sociable and nice to be around.

No 3 always have been always will be. Not in the game to kill things but to work my dog. My dogs are always my companions and I just enjoy watching them work and knowing them well any game I do catch is all the better knowing it's an accomplishment my dogs do a lot more than just run and kill they are friendly sociable and nice to be around.

forgot that bit ( friendly + sociable) both mine are great with people, and good with dogs,Bryn wont start a fight, but stand his ground, Buck just moves away from any aggressive dog, yep there nice to be around , prob Buck that bit more , his temp is Brill. :yes:

No3 had dogs all my life and they have always been as much a part of the family as I am. It's only the last 10 yrs I've started working dogs and only last year I got my first lurcher. I don't think I could get rid of my dogs for faults that I, in most likelihood caused. The 1 thing I won't tolerate is aggression towards people .