Cheap Property

We're in Anglesey, Cemaes Bay area. It's the most Northerly town in Wales. Really nice countryside up here and it's a massive bonus having the sea nearby :)

Nice.....a pal of mine bought a place around Montgomery/Berriew way so ive spent a fair bit of time travelling around North Wales of late Llandudno is a place i really like we havent managed to get as far over as Anglesey yet but its all a smashing part of the world up there.

Yeh it's amazing especially if you appreciate the countryside, you have a bit of everything here because of the way the rocks are, if the weather is bad it's just a 30-40 minute drive to the other side of the island for more shelter. Lots of rabbits and hare here as well and not a badger in sight lol There's no grey squirrels but plenty of reds and the bird life is brilliant :) It's also a great place for woodcock and snipe for the shooters :) If you ever visit get in touch and I'll bore you to death about the rocks lol

sedimentary, metamorphic, or igneous? Lol

All three my fine fellow! We have the finest example of an accretionary arc/wedges in the UK and probably one of the best in the world :D

You should also visit :D

We can get hammered and stoned... Rave on! :laugh:
:D I have a craking geology hammer lol
Some jokes just fluorite over my head :hmm:

There's never a day I don't admire the 'cleavage' in these rocks....lovely 'orogeny' zones though....

You geologists will date anything.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true we were living just to pay a huge mortgage, when we talked about moving to the country I was always eyeing up houses just out of reach with all the things I dreamt of like a few acres, period

I don't think you have to move a million miles away to find peace... I moved just 10 miles away 10years ago from my home town and it's like another world. The only downside was it wasn't cheap but me

ha! was wicker ones but cardboard ones are now the vogue!   Most people are suited to the staying within the parameters which theyve grown up in, those parameters are probably nice places - comfy an

We're in Anglesey, Cemaes Bay area. It's the most Northerly town in Wales. Really nice countryside up here and it's a massive bonus having the sea nearby :)

Nice.....a pal of mine bought a place around Montgomery/Berriew way so ive spent a fair bit of time travelling around North Wales of late Llandudno is a place i really like we havent managed to get as far over as Anglesey yet but its all a smashing part of the world up there.

Yeh it's amazing especially if you appreciate the countryside, you have a bit of everything here because of the way the rocks are, if the weather is bad it's just a 30-40 minute drive to the other side of the island for more shelter. Lots of rabbits and hare here as well and not a badger in sight lol There's no grey squirrels but plenty of reds and the bird life is brilliant :) It's also a great place for woodcock and snipe for the shooters :) If you ever visit get in touch and I'll bore you to death about the rocks lol

sedimentary, metamorphic, or igneous? Lol

All three my fine fellow! We have the finest example of an accretionary arc/wedges in the UK and probably one of the best in the world :D

You should also visit :D

We can get hammered and stoned... Rave on! :laugh:
:D I have a craking geology hammer lol
Some jokes just fluorite over my head :hmm:

There's never a day I don't admire the 'cleavage' in these rocks....lovely 'orogeny' zones though....

You geologists will date anything.

Some beautiful dykes round here as well :D

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Ben Fogles New Lives In The Wild earlier,just rewatches it again on 5+1 about a couple who left the trappings of modern day life and bought a plot of land for 6K in morocco,their total budget when they originally set off was 17K thats either very brave or very stupid depending upon your viewpoint,but they have no kids so no responsibilities,the guy breeds rabbits for meat sale and they have a small garden they scrabble an existance out on,they seem happy as larry but what a hard life it must be.

Watched Ben Fogles New Lives In The Wild earlier,just rewatches it again on 5+1 about a couple who left the trappings of modern day life and bought a plot of land for 6K in morocco,their total budget when they originally set off was 17K thats either very brave or very stupid depending upon your viewpoint,but they have no kids so no responsibilities,the guy breeds rabbits for meat sale and they have a small garden they scrabble an existance out on,they seem happy as larry but what a hard life it must be.

seen that personally wouldn't have paid 600 for that never mind 6k

Yup,it was a pretty hard life they have embarked on considering they had all the trappings before they went over there,he had a merc,she had the business,they dropped it to breed moroccan rabbits.

Yup,it was a pretty hard life they have embarked on considering they had all the trappings before they went over there,he had a merc,she had the business,they dropped it to breed moroccan rabbits.

If there total budget was only £17k the merc must have been on the book and the birds business wasn't that good ..

• Like 2