Range Finder

Its not just about shooting a air rifle and what distance you shoot at

you have to learn how to be a ninja sounds daft but its true

you have to learn field craft getting close real close

get to know your land so you can walk it blind folded if you have had to

and silence and concealment are your best friends

And i would not even try to go hunting until you can put pellet on pellet at your range you feel right with IE,,30,,,40,,,50yrds

and doing it with out thinking

the last thing you want is to wound your pray and it run off to die later in pain

spend some time at a shooting range and practice at a zero range your happy with

then practice ,,practice,,,practice then when you think your spot on

yep practice some more

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 5

I'm only just getting started with air rifle shooting but I intend on using my golf range finder to start with. I think once you have been shootinga while you will have a natural basic instinct about approx distance. Especially if your honing your skills on a measured range. That's my personal thoughts anyway lol

your right,, it becomes second nature!

but it requires a lot of practice before it clicks into place.

like mac's said practice your ranges then practice more... this time of year the weathers getting worse and this in its self presents more problems to get over!

but its all doable and part of the enjoyment, ie..hold over, allowing for wind but its worth it for the feeling you get when it all comes together :thumbs:

do some real life practice too, out in the field aim at small stones and general stuff at the ranges where you expect to shoot your quarry at!!

it all helps

atb si

ps.. forgot! no i don't own a rangefinder

• Like 2

A friend gave me a rangefinder when I came back to shooting.

I keep it in my pocket if I'm out shooting during the day - it does help me with some of the more awkward shots.

I have heard that there is very little difference between golf and shooting rangefinders - apart from the cost :rolleyes:

• Like 1

A friend gave me a rangefinder when I came back to shooting.

I keep it in my pocket if I'm out shooting during the day - it does help me with some of the more awkward shots.

I have heard that there is very little difference between golf and shooting rangefinders - apart from the cost :rolleyes:

Yep any thing to do with shooting

the price go,s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

up :laugh::yes:

and if you look on other sites you will find most of the gear waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

down on price lol :yes::laugh: and most of the time its the same gear :laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I always have a laser range finder on me, often I don't need or use it as I know most of the distances around my place, but it sure helps sometimes.

I use a Leica and I really like it, I paid £75 for it secondhand and it is much better than the Hawke ones I have seen and used.

The time I really struggle is at night with Nv, I am terrible at estimating ranges then, so I have bought the pulsar 870 with built in rangefinder and all I can say is wow. What a difference that has made.

A must tool to have with shooting air guns

I DONT USE ONE

I DONT NEED TO

MY FIELD CRAFT IS GOOD

I CAN GET CLOSE REAL CLOSE

INT THAT RIGHT SI :yes:

mind hitting some thing is another matter lol :laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

too bloody close, id miss at that range!! lol

but you saw the two rabbits i lamped both dropped with clean head shots at between 40 and 50yrds!

no laser and never been to the perm before!

but if i found a rangefinder in the street id keep it :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1