Kenneling Terriers

its the so far bit you need to worry about. When I was a kid we had few dogs in together and all was well for years. Then one day it wasn't and they had ganged up on the one dog who was the best one typically. He went in to shock and was in a state but tough little sod pulled through and i learnt me lesson

• Like 1

its the so far bit you need to worry about. When I was a kid we had few dogs in together and all was well for years. Then one day it wasn't and they had ganged up on the one dog who was the best one typically. He went in to shock and was in a state but tough little sod pulled through and i learnt me lesson

Happened to me, hardly a mark on terrier but the shock killed her.

I reckon everyone who has lost a dog to a kennel fight has said the same as you at some point "no problems so far!", the problem is there never is a problem until there is and by then it's too late.

What do you do when one of them is banged up or the bitch is in season? Surely you have a spare kennel to seperate them then so why not just keep them seperate all the time?

kennel them single as soon as possible , but before they have their adult teeth, once walked in to see two 10 week old pups rolling around in a fight to the death lucky they only had puppy teeth they where silent and determine, lost a 6 month bitch pup once in a fight with her mother, after that always kept terriers separate, i sent a young dog to a friend once when the dog arrived a bigger dog attacked him, some time later my terrier climb up and out of kennel run along the roof of a 8 foot shed dropped into the bullies pen and killed and eat him ,

we are dealing with warriors who get bored easy, never leave 2 alone confined

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2

Years ago I had a couple of terriers and a big terrier x, lived together nigh on 6 years and never so much as a growl. They would eat their food in the same room, bowls next to each other and never a grumble.

One day AFTER a very long walk in the lakes, the ex and me stopped at the local country pub for a bit of post walk sunday scran. No sooner the plates hit the table someone comes running in... "who has a red car with dogs etc, they're kicking off" I thought it was a joke by one of the lads... nope that was a 2.5-3 grand reality and it was the big x who got ganged up on.

The Ex found his missing ear the next day ????