Countrymans Weekly

Sporting dog when it was magazine style before it all changed to cmw an went paper format.

Used to go in newsagents with me saved up dinner money pick it up and then ask for packet of green rizlas and half ounce of old Holborn,lol ah to be 15 again.

Old holborn feck me thats a lung ripper lol

posh kids smoked b & h lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to do an article on this, but somehow I think that it might not be publishable! The thing is that the whole hare coursing debate is very divisive. On the one hand you have landowners who are

If a law is unjust, biased, unenforceable in its present form then surely the Law should be revoked or at the very least be reformed or redrafted. The United Kingdom has different legislation regardin

There's a new magazine coming out for those who think they're too hard core for the CMW . It's called "YOB DOG and RUNNING AWAY," it's sponsored by SUBARU.

Sporting dog when it was magazine style before it all changed to cmw an went paper format.

Used to go in newsagents with me saved up dinner money pick it up and then ask for packet of green rizlas and half ounce of old Holborn,lol ah to be 15 again.

LOL, I hope you mean Shooting News. I doubt The Sporting Dog Journal was ever in the newsagents.

There was a mag called Sporting Dog mid 80's in UK. I signed up and sent off payment for 12 month. They managed to produce 5 I think. Never got me money back :-)
I probably had them all then , I bought them when I was at the big school in town ,was 16 in 1990 so would been 1989 I would thought ?? If it was 88 I was 14 .oops lol

Casso. Ive noticed that a few times of late??!! My wife bought me a subsription last birthday Thankfully nearly over!! One of my mates told her i'd like it .. the twat Atb

Hope your a bit more enthusiastic about the Countryfile Calendar youre getting for Christmas lol

Not to mention the signed, framed photo of John Craven
  • Like 2

LOL, I hope you mean Shooting News. I doubt The Sporting Dog Journal was ever in the newsagents.

There was a mag called Sporting Dog mid 80's in UK. I signed up and sent off payment for 12 month. They managed to produce 5 I think. Never got me money back :-)
thoes was the days sending postal orders away and sae .
  • Like 1

Simple answer is if you dont like it dont buy it, but bear in mind its a pro hunting mag and in this day and age we need all the friends we can get. I know plenty of people that read it but claim to be too hardcore to buy it, kind of get the feeling that applies to a lot of people on this site.

There's a new magazine coming out for those who think they're too hard core for the CMW .

It's called "YOB DOG and RUNNING AWAY," it's sponsored by SUBARU.

• Like 9

Simple answer is if you dont like it dont buy it, but bear in mind its a pro hunting mag and in this day and age we need all the friends we can get. I know plenty of people that read it but claim to be too hardcore to buy it, kind of get the feeling that applies to a lot of people on this site.

There's a new magazine coming out for those who think they're too hard core for the CMW .

I heard Nike tried to get in on the deal,lol
  • Like 1

I heard Nike tried to get in on the deal,lol

LOL and red bull.

• Like 2

:yes:Another one was, "Working Terrier and Running Dog."

Produced on a monthly basis by a couple of guys in the Midlands..

They were not into Terriers or Lurchers,...it was simply a business venture for them.

The magazine was a real good looking product, full color cover job...the full works.

We only had Shooting News/Countryman' Weekly and its partner, Sporting Dog,...

(The good old Earth Dog&Running Dog magazine was not yet devised.)

When the new magazine was suggested, Dave Harcombe phoned me and said,." Phil, quick,...get your pen out,...these crazy guys are paying £50.00 an article ! "

Back then,. Shooting News writers were still on 15 Guineas.

So,....like a few others,..I bought myself six new Biro, a big fat writing pad...and filled me boots... :laugh:

Halcyon Days, dear reader, Halcyon Days... :thumbs:

I still have every copy of Working Terrier and The Running Dog and before that it was just The Working Terrier. It was a colourful publication and it went on to the newsagent shelves but only lasted a few more issues after that. It was very good.

Didn't the anti's post an incendiary device to it's offices that caused a serious fire ?

I look at the CMW similar to Plummer books, they're not everybody's cup of tea but they are and have been a gateway into fieldsports for many people. Even though it's watered down a lot it's got to be good news that you can still walk into most newsagents and they'll have a copy. Any kind of publication that highlights our way of life is a good thing imo.

• Like 5

Casso. Ive noticed that a few times of late??!! My wife bought me a subsription last birthday Thankfully nearly over!! One of my mates told her i'd like it .. the twat Atb

Hope your a bit more enthusiastic about the Countryfile Calendar youre getting for Christmas lol

Not to mention the signed, framed photo of John Craven