Scopes For Air Rifles

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Save up and buy a hawke mil dot at the least or better. Shite scopes are enough to frustrate and put you off forever if your gun is right.

Simmons WTC .....I can't say bad word about em

You only get what you pay for   but on saying that little hunter has a set of cheep 3,9,40 scopes he got off e bay for £16 and they are spot on lol   all ways check zero every trip out as tempera

Posted Images

Got hold of an MTC Viper 3-12×44 (SCB) .. seems a half decent scope.

Bought in anticipation of doing a bit of HFT .. shooting the Loughborough venue of the DMHF 2/6 ...

I've a Simmons scope hanging around the place. Glass is better at distance than the Hawke Panorama I've got. I just never got on with the plain cross hair reticle ... I only keep hold of it cause its not worth much.

Got hold of an MTC Viper 3-12×44 (SCB) .. seems a half decent scope.

Bought in anticipation of doing a bit of HFT .. shooting the Loughborough venue of the DMHF 2/6 ...

I've a Simmons scope hanging around the place. Glass is better at distance than the Hawke Panorama I've got. I just never got on with the plain cross hair reticle ... I only keep hold of it cause its not worth much.

What's Simmons optic you got hoggy? Out of interest of course ;)

A Simmons Deerfield 3-9×50

Optically fine .. If l look at some trees from my bedroom window 150 yards away, the image and detail of the leaves through the Simmons is better than through the Hawke Panorama I've got on my Tx200.

I got it secondhand. They weren't an expensive scope new. Just the glass is very good for that type of scope. I just wasn't keen on the reticle. Its got plenty of battle scars on it, but optically its fine.

I only kept hold of it thinking if I were to sell on a rifle I'd put it on the rifle as a freebie to help sell the rifle .. Things is l seldom sell my rifles lol .. I seldom sell anything, just seem to buy stuff .. :-)

• Like 2

A Simmons Deerfield 3-9×50

Optically fine .. If l look at some trees from my bedroom window 150 yards away, the image and detail of the leaves through the Simmons is better than through the Hawke Panorama I've got on my Tx200.

I got it secondhand. They weren't an expensive scope new. Just the glass is very good for that type of scope. I just wasn't keen on the reticle. Its got plenty of battle scars on it, but optically its fine.

I only kept hold of it thinking if I were to sell on a rifle I'd put it on the rifle as a freebie to help sell the rifle .. Things is l seldom sell my rifles lol .. I seldom sell anything, just seem to buy stuff .. :-)

Ahhhh. Would love a white tail classic of the sorts.

• Like 1

There was a BSA scope on the Ultra I just bought which IMO was not good by any means so took into the RFD to see what he had and sat on the counter was a s/h Nikko Mountmaster AO, a quick chat and a straight swap.

Now I hear a lot of bad reports about this scope and have to say that it is nothing more than a stop gap until I have decided what to do with the rifles........................it is not bad at all, okay the outer edge definition of the lens is soft compared to my Hawke Varmint and MTC Genesis but quite usable and the cross hair is not too thick either so I might even keep it and put it on my TX for plinking.

Just looking through the scope in the garden, it is way better than the BSA and the AO seems to work fine although I prefer side focus, for what these scopes cost, I think they represent decent value for what is really a budget scope but it is too early to say if it keeps zero okay, no doubt I will find out in due course.

On the hunt for an MTC Mamba lite however after looking at the Genesis lite which I really don't like after seeing what is needed to change parallax.

Phil

Edited by philpot

I quite like the MTC Viper 3-12×44 IRS .. Also find the MTC Viper Connect 3-12×32 a great scope for daytime hunting and I've heard good for HFT.

I was going to use my Airtech tuned Ultra for HFT with the MTC Viper Connect 3-12×32 .. problem is l bought the dedicated Viper Connect mount for the scope. Now it fits fine on my HW100 KT (11mm Dovetail) but the BSA Ultra has the (13mm Dovetail) so l don't think it will fit. And I'm not aware there actually is a 13mm dovetail, dedicated mount, for the MTC Viper Connect. The Viper 3-12×44 is a nice scope so settled on using that mounted on the KT for HFT.

Edited by hoggysreels
  • Like 1

I quite like the MTC Viper 3-12×44 IRS .. Also find the MTC Viper Connect 3-12×32 a great scope for daytime hunting and I've heard good for HFT.

I was going to use my Airtech tuned Ultra for HFT with the MTC Viper Connect 3-12×32 .. problem is l bought the dedicated Viper Connect mount for the scope. Now it fits fine on my HW100 KT (11mm Dovetail) but the BSA Ultra has the (13mm Dovetail) so l don't think it will fit. And I'm not aware there actually is a 13mm dovetail, dedicated mount, for the MTC Viper Connect. The Viper 3-12×44 is a nice scope so settled on using that mounted on the KT for HFT.

Is that my old girl? :) keep me updated on her on goings please... All the best me old.

To be honest, I wanted a Viper Connect but no good for NV add-on and this is lighter, if it anywhere near as good as my Genesis, it will be spot on and just about right for the Ultra..............................or perhaps the Wildcat, when I get one.

Phil