Scopes For Air Rifles

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Save up and buy a hawke mil dot at the least or better. Shite scopes are enough to frustrate and put you off forever if your gun is right.

Simmons WTC .....I can't say bad word about em

You only get what you pay for   but on saying that little hunter has a set of cheep 3,9,40 scopes he got off e bay for £16 and they are spot on lol   all ways check zero every trip out as tempera

Posted Images

Rez, give Crawfords in Scunthorpe a call because he has a couple of simmons scopes in his s/h section, if he has a WTC, I will pick it up for you and meet up to hand it over before I bugger off to Suffolk again. If he has one and you want me to get it, just tell him Phil Roberts will collect.

Phil

I have one of these on permanent loan to my son in law and to be honest, they are a decent scope. I think the newer one would focus down to 10mt but the one I had was still quite blurred at 14mt and not quite pin sharp at 15-16mt so very tiring on the eyes for close range stuff like plinking in my little cottage garden of 15mt.

That one in the ebay advert is worth a punt but not for me, must be AO.

Phil

• Like 1

unless i need glasses at 40 metres away, the scopes i have, are not the best that one could have shooting from that way away, ect. :icon_eek: .....im gonna try and get a better scope to be honest ! :thumbs: FT

Here's a decent cheap scope......

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262678460988

i thought the scopes that i have are the set up from these ...? atb FT

I have a friend with the scope you baught on a springer and the glass fell out of it I kid you not I have the lenses at work. The hawke mil dot scope is dirt cheap and does the job. For £32 I can't belive what you get offered there. I paid £60 for same scope without ao but with the useless illuminated reticule few weeks ago in a shop.

Possibly for the money, a Nikko Mountmaster AO. The one I have just swapped a BSA scope for, whilst not having the best glass is still pretty good for the price. It is quite light, focus down to 10mt, recticle not too thick, easy to read mildots, 3-9x40mm offering a good hunting range. I was always under the impression that these were really crap scopes but they are not at all BUT and there is always a 'but', in my opinion, it needs a sun shade as it seems to flare quite easily and as far as I am aware, they don't make one which is a shame. Now I am going to make one from plastic drain pipe or plastic of some kind which I believe make quite a difference.

Don't get me wrong about these scopes, would I buy one for myself.................no, but that is because you get used to using better quality scopes so don't want to go backwards. If on the other hand, I needed a scope for a purpose, cheap ratter, set up for my grandson, wife or whatever, I would be quite happy to buy one of these scopes but AO for sure and in preference to the Hawke Sport.

£42.99, you cannot go wrong at that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Nikko-MOUNTMASTER-3-9x40-PX-AO-Parallax-Zoom-Rifle-SCOPE-Sight-with-MOUNTS-/351192223670?hash=item51c4b00fb6:g:Sa0AAMXQfvlSd5pt

Phil

Edited by philpot

Possibly for the money, a Nikko Mountmaster AO. The one I have just swapped a BSA scope for, whilst not having the best glass is still pretty good for the price. It is quite light, focus down to 10mt, recticle not too thick, easy to read mildots, 3-9x40mm offering a good hunting range. I was always under the impression that these were really crap scopes but they are not at all BUT and there is always a 'but', in my opinion, it needs a sun shade as it seems to flare quite easily and as far as I am aware, they don't make one which is a shame. Now I am going to make one from plastic drain pipe or plastic of some kind which I believe make quite a difference.

Don't get me wrong about these scopes, would I buy one for myself.................no, but that is because you get used to using better quality scopes so don't want to go backwards. If on the other hand, I needed a scope for a purpose, cheap ratter, set up for my grandson, wife or whatever, I would be quite happy to buy one of these scopes but AO for sure and in preference to the Hawke Sport.

£42.99, you cannot go wrong at that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Nikko-MOUNTMASTER-3-9x40-PX-AO-Parallax-Zoom-Rifle-SCOPE-Sight-with-MOUNTS-/351192223670?hash=item51c4b00fb6:g:Sa0AAMXQfvlSd5pt

Phil

I would not recommend this scope .I have one evrything about this scope and mounts are very good except for one thing it WILL NOT HOLD ITS ZERO . It is a pity it may just be my scope but if you want an inch or more groups at 20 yards this scope is the one .

That is interesting, I have no knowledge on this aspect as I only picked it up last week and been plinking in the garden so not enough time spent using it. There are a hell of lot of them around and not heard of this issue before so from my point, only time will tell but in truth it isn't likely to get much use to be honest although it may go on my TX for a while.

Phil

If you set the scope, most scopes to zero at a given mag setting, get it shooting spot on, then change mag, the zero will also change. If you put it back to the original mag, I assume the zero is spot on again or is that not the case.

I have two sets of zero settings, one at 6x and one at 12x on my MTC Genesis scope. I just did a set for 12x if I was struggling to see. To be very honest I have never used the 12x (eyes must be better than I thought) and only did this as I remember when I first started learning holdover principles, it was stated that zero WILL move with different mags and I have simply stuck to that principle even though the degree of movement may be very small. Perhaps dependent on the scope as well.

Phil

Edited by philpot