Acdx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done for taking time out to do some research,...anyone contemplating taking on a Cattle Dog composite needs plenty of determination...It is frequently,.emotional...   Facts are,..the first Cat

Hope this works

Posted Images

give us some of your knowledge Phil they look belters mate atb cbx

The subject has been well documented,...for me, it's done and dusted,..finito....

But there is plenty of data available,..if you are keen enough to do a search... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

I've done a search & the topics are years old I was wondering if anyone running them now atb cbx

Well done for taking time out to do some research,...anyone contemplating taking on a Cattle Dog composite needs plenty of determination...It is frequently,.emotional... :laugh:

Facts are,..the first Cattle dog lurchers in the UK, were produced from genuine working strains...

The pure form of these unique herders was created to undertake a particular task, in its country of origin..

We do not need such a hard biting worker of farm livestock, here in the UK,...

My own interest in the breed goes back for several decades ,...I was well satisfied with the various hybridisations that I made with a Greyhound, a Hard Blood Whippet and a Collie/Greyhound....

The resulting progeny were all interesting animals,..some crosses worked out better than others... :whistling:

Nowadays,..the Australian Cattle Dog is not used much in the UK,..a few hobby farmers keep them, but mostly they are kept as pets or guards :yes:

I would not be keen to use the contemporary animals in any lurcher breeding programme...

In my opinion,..they offer nothing to the Moucher that a good Border Collie or Kelpie could not provide...

I've kept Collie lurchers and Cur dogs all my life and have no reason to use any other style of hunting dog..

Experimentation is often worthwhile,...but one should be wary of trying to be different,.simply to be different.

All the best, and good hunting... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 12