Acdx

thanks for your input sirblessed but think of what all you said above put into a running dog!! it's what you want really a dog who can run all or night,good feet that can run on any ground,good nose is handy when ferreting etc,plus they got plenty of grit & determination & like I said in a post above I'd love to see a 5/8Grey 3/8Acd atb cbx

They have been extensively tried and tested here mate, and there forte is pigs, getting the mix right even for that job usually takes a couple of generations ,first crosses can have a couple of bad traits that can be difficult and in some cases impossible to break ( I have seen a few shot for this) ie back leg biting and they LOVE sheep

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done for taking time out to do some research,...anyone contemplating taking on a Cattle Dog composite needs plenty of determination...It is frequently,.emotional...   Facts are,..the first Cat

Hope this works

Posted Images

I've got a pure working acd bitch.very dominant with other bitches but fine with dogs and great with people.her father on the other hand is a nut job.only one man that can touch him.great for working cattle too rowdy for sheep work. They would make a terrible pet.if she dont get any cattle work for a day or so she goes bat shit crazy.

Think i would cross her with the sheep dog to get some Pups hopefully with her guts but toned down a bit for sheep ect

quality pics them sirblessed atb cbx

+2, :thumbs: ive noticed and read on the Oz sites that the ebt , seems more popular to use on pigs, than the apbt ./ i would have thought the apbt would have been better choise being more agile and game type dog . :yes: i know you out x to other breeds when you use them as well, but even in that or in pure form thought a pit would be better . having been round bull breeds bullmastiffs,ebt,apbt,staffs, the pit would be my 1st choice to use as a working dog pure or out x :yes:

quality pics them sirblessed atb cbx

+2, :thumbs: ive noticed and read on the Oz sites that the ebt , seems more popular to use on pigs, than the apbt ./ i would have thought the apbt would have been better choise being more agile and game type dog . :yes: i know you out x to other breeds when you use them as well, but even in that or in pure form thought a pit would be better . having been round bull breeds bullmastiffs,ebt,apbt,staffs, the pit would be my 1st choice to use as a working dog pure or out x :yes:

I agree mate, but unless you breed your own they are like hens teeth, people tend to stick with what they know, and apbt never really kicked off here until mid 80's by then most peoples minds were set on ebt cross I myself had more ebt crosses early on too until I got my first pure bred from then on they were all part apbt have always had at least one pure bred from then on till this day ... :thumbs: