Acdx

Cheers for that bit of info phil mate of mine imported a pure bitch in from working stock as a pup & she's a worker,he also lined her with a greyhound which the pups are showing some real good promise but I'm wasn't or not looking to add a lurcher to my pack yet as I got a young promising colliebullgrey bitch but when she's more or less the finished article as to speak in a few years I might add another runner & did you ever try your ACDX on foxes preban Phil or was that not your thing atb cbx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done for taking time out to do some research,...anyone contemplating taking on a Cattle Dog composite needs plenty of determination...It is frequently,.emotional...   Facts are,..the first Cat

Hope this works

Posted Images

would you say they hardier than colliexs or kelpiexs phil mate?? atb cbx

As with humans,..some guys are harder than others..... :thumbs:

I've found that individual animals, (whatever the hybrid) vary enormously, both in their temperament and physical toughness.

However, the first cross twixt the Cattle Dog and the Greyhound certainly did produce superb feet,...and at the time, that suited me perfectly.. :yes:

• Like 3

For the rabbiting game,...I prefer a purpose bred type.

My current choice being a mix of Whippet/Collie /Greyhound blood...

However, the ACD / Greyhounds and their various composites, will take to the Mouching game real easily...

Herding livestock, is simply a sublimated form of hunting,...the Collie/Kelpies and suchlike will transfer their prey drive to other quarry, no probs. Indeed, as a boy, I fecked up more than one of my Father's sheepdogs, netting the hares and pursuing rabbits... he became reet angry.. :laugh: Nowadays,..if I was starting out again,.I would use genuine, 'steady Eddy' style Kelpies to produce rabbiters...

Mind you, the first cross for me,..would only be a starting point,... for just as I like to tweek my vermin traps,..I also enjoy trying to produce the right dog, for the right job..

Anything else is simply a waste... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

in all fairness Phil you are quite clued up on your collie,kelpie & acdxs it's nice to hear good honest opinion off someone with first hand experience atb cbx

+2 :thumbs: i think from reading about the acd dogs they had a tough type like temp, great guard, and very good alround type working dog, prob the temp of the acd is the real difference compared to the kelpie , and border the acd is more of a full on temp , all can do similar work, and all can make good lurcher xs . it was one x the 1x acd x grey , them years back i always liked and admired :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

I have owned, and worked next to dozens of acd x’s predominantly used with bull type dogs for pigs in Aus, they are renowned for their ability to run all day, endure heat, have exceptional feet , and a reasonable nose for a scrub dog in Aus they are hard to beat for pig hunting scrub. there are better breeds to use for running dogs imo.

• Like 3

thanks for your input sirblessed but think of what all you said above put into a running dog!! it's what you want really a dog who can run all or night,good feet that can run on any ground,good nose is handy when ferreting etc,plus they got plenty of grit & determination & like I said in a post above I'd love to see a 5/8Grey 3/8Acd atb cbx