Deerhound Greyhound Or Bedlington Greyhound Stud

I'd be looking at the studs ability before the colour or coat type.

We all like a certain type of lurcher but they need to do a job.

Look at as many studs as possible and see,if possible how they work ,and whether it ties in with what you want to add to your bitch.

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cracking coat on this beddy cross but know where your coming had 6 beddy crosses all in and only 1 has had a bad coat so done no bad

Would this caulli cross no change your mind

Greyhounds and whippets, the two most slated dogs on this site. Collie, bull and saluki more honest influence, really? Honesty in a dog to me, is trying it's utmost when in pursuit, and you don't get

Posted Images

You are not that far from Dave Platt the deerhoundx breeder. He will have a Deer/grey stud. Unlikely to have been worked, but will have produced some workerst.Ithink he's in the Leicester or Sutton coalfield area?

Edited by jukel123

I might even buy 1 in from pup and see how it goes

If you buy in a 1st x, and he turns out a decent worker with the qualities you want to add to your bitch, you won't then have the problems, headaches, and have to listen to the absolute BULLSHIT that owners of potential studs for your bitch WILL come out with and try to convince you of! :thumbs:

Guest Snitch99

I would be looking to contribute manys way into a bitch of 4 seasons than a coat. Or colour.

Beddy x deer x totally differnt dogs.

Be differnt benfits from either cross.

Depending what you are looking for in pup.

• Like 1

I would be looking to contribute manys way into a bitch of 4 seasons than a coat. Or colour.

Beddy x deer x totally differnt dogs.

Be differnt benfits from either cross.

Depending what you are looking for in pup.

Yep, that's a valid point, different charecteristics of each breed/type. Personally, and I know there are others that will obviously disagree, but I personally couldn't hack bedlington x lurchers. Every one I've seen have been far too headstrong and have too much nose to be really good lamp dogs, the ones I've seen. Deerhound x lurchers, while still having a fair nose, seem alot less headwork and a bit more biddable, and have been far better and more versatile lamp dogs

I wouldn't discount a bit of other blood in there too,take advantage of someone else's breeding to the full,maybe one that's been line bred for a few generations and doing what you want and more ,and that would be able to absorb the greyhound blood ,without becoming too "sighthoundy" if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Hi guys my greyhound birch is 5 now had 3 season working and she is a great bitch does all asked of her

I'm wanting something to give her a better coat to her pups

I'm torn between a 1/2 cross deerhound grey or bedlington grey to do 3/4 bred pups to keep some hieght there and staying power my bitch stays for England and knows her job

Anyone got anything for stud and anyone used the 3/4 lines im wanting to produce many thanks

Id not breed from a Greyhound bitch to produce honest lurchers,false economy.Its better to breed from a lurcher and save all the wastage,fact.