Deerhound Greyhound Or Bedlington Greyhound Stud

Hi guys my greyhound birch is 5 now had 3 season working and she is a great bitch does all asked of her

I'm wanting something to give her a better coat to her pups

I'm torn between a 1/2 cross deerhound grey or bedlington grey to do 3/4 bred pups to keep some hieght there and staying power my bitch stays for England and knows her job

Anyone got anything for stud and anyone used the 3/4 lines im wanting to produce many thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cracking coat on this beddy cross but know where your coming had 6 beddy crosses all in and only 1 has had a bad coat so done no bad

Would this caulli cross no change your mind

Greyhounds and whippets, the two most slated dogs on this site. Collie, bull and saluki more honest influence, really? Honesty in a dog to me, is trying it's utmost when in pursuit, and you don't get

Posted Images

Would either not bither or if u do, be very choosey in bedlington type as nearly all have piss poor coats the ones iv seen.

cracking coat on this beddy cross but know where your coming had 6 beddy crosses all in and only 1 has had a bad coat so done no bad post-71205-0-77361100-1474053292_thumb.jpg Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 5

Nice looking dog

Would love a slate colour

Nice looking dog

Would love a slate colour

colour go's for nothing lol dogs only young no ready for duties just showing coats had a deerhound cross and its coat was thin and skin.like paper you have time so be choosy and good luck Edited by nothernlite

I had a rough coated dog with skin like tissue paper. My red bitch (mixed lurcher) has got pretty thin coat but skin like a rhino. The new addition to my team (bull X cocker) has also got very thin coat like a whippet but skin like leather.

2 completely different things in my opinion and you probably want to find a stud dog with both a good coat and good skin. Just something to think about.

• Like 2

I thinking behind the rough or broken coat is she does feel the cold more when she running she warms up but walking the land she feels it more yes I have a kennel coat and use it but pain when you got to remove coat before slip if that makes sense

She has great prey drive and runs for ages I could just stick to day time with her so colder nights don't affect her but I love lsmping to much lol so if I put a Bette coat over her the pups should be better for the colder nights

Gotta be honest, do dogs really feel the cold walking n running at night? Only time I could think about being cold would be standing over a Warren... People using whippets in snow amd no problem.

With the weather only getting warmer for longer I'd stick to a smooth coat personally.

NL, your dogs are wheaton xs don't fib lol

Atb