Who Has Pure Nuttall Terriers

The original title was pure nuttal dogs but the fact of the matter is the man will buy in litters and sell them on as his own and even keep stuff from these litters and breed them into his own stock so how does anybody know if they have a pure nuttal dog.

No, I've heard he sometimes buys stuff in from his own line and such. Of course if you hear that a dog down from you is dynamite then it would be good practice to use it as a stud...
Not always from his breeding but the pedigrees claim they are when they leave his place and that's a fact.
If there dogs off his line what's the problem? I know of one bloke local to me who he used to buy them in off.
like I said not always his breeding and then puts fake pedigrees on them

If they're down from his own dogs what's the big deal? Keeping in touch with lads who are out digging week-in week-out and asking to buy in or use these dogs as studs is a sensible thing to do.

If he's lying and making up pedigrees how do you know this, had your pants down or something?

No because I wouldn't buy a dog from him.But I know he's bought spare pups from a couple of litters that I guy I know very well had which went his breeding.I also know that at least a couple of the pups got sold on with peds saying they were his breeding.
  • Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 good bitches

When the love of money becomes more than the love of the dogs, the whole things f****d, jmho

Who gives a f**k what colour they come once they work

Posted Images

The original title was pure nuttal dogs but the fact of the matter is the man will buy in litters and sell them on as his own and even keep stuff from these litters and breed them into his own stock so how does anybody know if they have a pure nuttal dog.

No, I've heard he sometimes buys stuff in from his own line and such. Of course if you hear that a dog down from you is dynamite then it would be good practice to use it as a stud...
Not always from his breeding but the pedigrees claim they are when they leave his place and that's a fact.
If there dogs off his line what's the problem? I know of one bloke local to me who he used to buy them in off.
like I said not always his breeding and then puts fake pedigrees on them
If they're down from his own dogs what's the big deal? Keeping in touch with lads who are out digging week-in week-out and asking to buy in or use these dogs as studs is a sensible thing to do.

If he's lying and making up pedigrees how do you know this, had your pants down or something?

No because I wouldn't buy a dog from him.But I know he's bought spare pups from a couple of litters that I guy I know very well had which went his breeding.I also know that at least a couple of the pups got sold on with peds saying they were his breeding.

So basically they are off his line, the man is around 80 years old, give him a break. The man has had a massive positive impact on the working terrier and that's a fact.

The crime of generalisation and experience, in my experience to most Russell's are shite, hunt terriers at best.

I'd be a fool to think there's no such thing as a yard of good digging Russell's, I know of one and I'm told of others but I've yet to see them under the sod.

Brian keeps diminutive tiny terriers, I don't care if he's God like, there's terrier work and then there's terrier work. There's tubes and then there's tubes, there's game and then there's educated game, horses for courses and each to their own.

100% agree with that, it also depends what lads do as well i love bolting foxes so i keep small terriers, but i bet at least ten times i have been left red faced when i have gone with friends down the motorway and tried them and they just get pushed when the game is really on half down to a ten footer or even worse a foot away, a bit off topic i know but its horses for courses

• Like 3

Although Brian has many years experience in the terrier world and a vast amount of knowledge, and I have a lot of respect for this gentleman the terriers in his yard today are not the same stamp as years ago and actually in my personal view are far too small for earth work.

Too small for serious earth work,maybe good enough for the odd dig or bolting a few.
that's some statement lol
it's true I wouldn't say to small seen some good little worriers in my day I would say not good enough for proper work for the way they were bred hunt sevice only most of them a good Russel can do the same job
So by that statement you are saying russells are only good for the odd dig and bolting a few very general that and there probably be a few lads that know just how wrong you are
were dos it say that I said a Russel is good for the odd dig and bolting a few get your facts right before you pass coments like that your the one that rong not me

Although Brian has many years experience in the terrier world and a vast amount of knowledge, and I have a lot of respect for this gentleman the terriers in his yard today are not the same stamp as years ago and actually in my personal view are far too small for earth work.

Too small for serious earth work,maybe good enough for the odd dig or bolting a few.
it's true I wouldn't say to small seen some good little worriers in my day I would say not good enough for proper work for the way they were bred hunt sevice only most of them a good Russel can do the same job
So by that statement you are saying russells are only good for the odd dig and bolting a few very general that and there probably be a few lads that know just how wrong you are
were dos it say that I said a Russel is good for the odd dig and bolting a few get your facts right before you pass coments like that your the one that rong not me

No you don't say it but the statement implies it . By saying nuttals dogs not good enough for serious earth work only good enough for hunt service ( ie bolting a few and odd dig ) a good russell can do same job .when there are russells that do serious earth work week in week out

No you don't say it but the statement implies it . By saying nuttals dogs not good enough for serious earth work only good enough for hunt service ( ie bolting a few and odd dig ) a good russell can do same job .when there are russells that do serious earth work week in week out
think your reading it the wrong way I've seen some good Russel graft and do there job very well but I've never seen a good nuttall bred terrier yet and I've been out with a few they ain't my cup tea anyway the man is self his a gent
  • Like 1

Just to put a bit of realism to this thread ,no one I know would dream of going direct to Brian for a lining these days whereas 20 years ago there was a waiting list .No doubt Dog fox will say different but there it is .The pups churned out today seem very much aimed at newbies but I could be wrong .

• Like 1

i know a lady by the name char smith.or should i say Mrs smith.one of the best dog woman anybody would have the pleasure to work with. She keeps Russell and there no joke! She wont feed a non worker.her dogs been on ground hog, coon,fox,badger.she used to go to England every were to hunt. Her and her dogs taught me alot about earth dogs. And most importantly,RESPECT. Not to trash mouth someone. If you dont like a persons dog or the person keep it to yourself you dont feed it they do..
  • Like 2

Agreed mate ,but if a man is something other than he masquerades as then everyone has the right to say so .You in the States have such a small gene pool for working terriers you don't really know what your on about .Mr Nuttall may well be an icon over there but unfortunately your praise us aimed at what he did 20 years or so ago .I've seen you slate our terriers for being too big lol

The crime of generalisation and experience, in my experience to most Russell's are shite, hunt terriers at best.

I'd be a fool to think there's no such thing as a yard of good digging Russell's, I know of one and I'm told of others but I've yet to see them under the sod.

Brian keeps diminutive tiny terriers, I don't care if he's God like, there's terrier work and then there's terrier work. There's tubes and then there's tubes, there's game and then there's educated game, horses for courses and each to their own.

Nail on the head there Dilly dog.

• Like 3

If you dont like it dont buy them its not rocket science what anybody does is there own business. Most dogs i have were gifted what anybody else does do i care no! and i wont go back whinging to the man that gifted them if they dont work because he went out of his way to help me. All dogs wont work to a high standard and if someone claims they do then their standard isnt high.

Jiggy thats a bit of a ridiculas statement about standards,is it not the very reason lads cull hard when terriers are inferior and breed from nothing onlt of the highest standard and keep striving to actually improve the standard they already have even though its at a high as it is.

• Like 1

What would your discription of serious terrier work be Lee seeing as your really only at the game a wet week.

• Like 4