Who Has Pure Nuttall Terriers

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 good bitches

When the love of money becomes more than the love of the dogs, the whole things f****d, jmho

Who gives a f**k what colour they come once they work

Posted Images

I was always of the assumption that black x black and tan or black x blue produced the weak choc colour. I wasnt aware that generations of blacks could all of a sudden produce a choc. You live and learn I suppose.

It could only give you a chocolate if both parents carry the recessive gene

And by line breeding are you not just increasing the possibility of putting 2 together that have it

• Like 3

In certain breeds chocolate is a dilute of two blacks, blue can be a dilute of two chocolates, and so on.... just out of interest

Here's where I do know a little something

Black is dominant, chocolate is recessive on black

The dilute of black is blue. The dilute of chocolate is lilac.

There can be rare exceptions in dilution, particularly with greyhounds and frenchies

Two black dogs can have chocolate. Two chocolate cannot have black. If any of you have bred springers then that's the same with them too

Two dilutes cannot have a solid black, red or chocolate pup. It will always be dilute

The blue in bedlingtons is NOT a dilute black

• Like 5

Who gives a f**k what colour they come once they work

That's its mate, couldn't care the colour and any physical features, see as long as I break through to it and it's working! It could be pink for all I care

You're right.

I was just clarifying as there was some incorrect info posted

• Like 1

Well I thought black was the dominant gene. And when black is involved only black surfaces? I know of 2 litters when first the dog was black and bitch was choc and it produced 7 black pups. Second time the dog was choc and the bitch was black and 5 black pups were the result. But I suppose honesty is what matters the most regardless of colour.

2 blacks can throw a chocolate ,but two chocolates cant throw a black,chocolate x black could throw either

• Like 2

And thats why theres alot of white pats out there right? And thats why folks liKe MR NUTTALL has a yard of white dogs.here in the state that a unexceptable color. And if you have a line that was bred hard on the black and there was nothing else in the line then you shouldnt get anything but black. You can call it a throw back or what ever else you want,if another color pops up that means someone but that color dog in the ped. Other wise it shouldnt pop up. Commen sense.so yes if your breeding this to that then of course you will have different colors..alot of you post crosses and call them pats. They look so big you might as well call them a small staff or pocket pit. Some of the dogs posted on the board you couldnt put in a ground hog set. And everything starts out as a mungrel as you call it but bred over and over and over again it becomes a breed just like every other breed has. They all started out as mutts but through culling and being specific you eventually will get what you want..if you breed your dog to just any working dog because you have a mungrel then good for you if thats what makes you happy..ill stay with line breeding so ill be consistent..why doesn't MR NUTTALL have white pats or brian from hurricane who has the miner blood, why doesn't he have white dogs or reds or what ever? Why? Do they cull them so nobody knows? Im not argue with you about color. Ill just say we agree to disagree. Peace

black can carry every other possible colour,,dominant black can only throw black no matter what colour you put it to(still dosent mean they arent carrying another colour)-you should get a yorkie- always the same colour and can fit anywhere

• Like 2