Best Wet Weather Hunting Clothing

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nike air max, adidas trackie bottoms and a superdry hoodie

Something about getting wet while having a good dig and driving home in your bundys lol-been stopped plenty of times by the law and jumped out in my pants "can I help you officer? atb dc

I’m sorry lads but if your out in the rain or the mud , your getting wet .  You can rock up looking like the duke of Argyll on peg no 5 with a spade and it’ll do as much use as if you went out lo

Posted Images

Best ive had to date is the montane smock or the buffello smock that the armed forces use-with dpm gortex over the top.if you can still get them then the berghaus mera-peak jackets were good a bit bright for digging mind lol-had a low alpine one from Germany that was a grey/green colour that was a good coat till some rat stole it off back of the L200.had ridgeline,deer hunter etc shite! Got a browning prestige one I had cheap in a sale-about the best of the hunting ones.when I'm flat out on spade then I'm in my mammut gortex/windstopper hoodie-cost me 189 notes and is some f***ing good kit imo-keeps you dry and not so sweaty lol.atb dc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Problem I'm having is as soon as the breathable pores get clogged up with soil they start leaking on the knees and the elbows. Tried return various items with this fault an get told don't get them dirty which in my job is impossible. I follow the care instructions from the manufacturer to be then told they are not designed for what I do.

None of it is perfect.

5 feet down is speaking a lot of sense.

I don't ever wear waterproof trousers anymore. Just army surplus trousers. Like he says they wear hard and dry fast and once you are wet, you are wet.

If you have the money Musto is good gear but it is expensive, same can be said of Harkila.

Stay away from ridgeline it's utter f***ing gash.

If you are digging i'd get some moleskin leggings as you have noticed goretex will just clog. Oilskins may be sweaty but they'll last and won't break the bank.

• Like 3

Do they still make donkey jackets ? Wind proof and almost rain proof with a body warmer worn underneath at the start of the day. Then as someone else wrote MOD combat strides with long johns or a pair of your lasses tights underneath in extreme cold conditions.

• Like 1