Collie Greyhound

Wirralman....@

"Wuyang, I take it the veiled comment was aimed at me about my lad and its a fair comment but like all young lads,even at 23yrs old he has read all the bullish*t in the books and seen my pics of collie/greys from the past and thought that was what he was buying into,nobody listens to their dad when they are young but now at last after seeing me proved right he has seen sense and bought something decent to run in any company,they have to see for themselves, and that is why so many still go back to him,Nostalgia of the dogs we had and worked but these are a far cry from the stuff he sold in the 80's."

Can't argue with that. ( and I agree my comment was a little under hand). My first from Hancock was a belter...and he was worked hard back then,,,,I just mooch these days.

These days for rabbiting i would have had one out of Alex, but I'm over the moon with my spaniel x lurcher for the mooching I do these days.

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The half x could be on the heavier side if it throws strong to the collie, you should stand a better chance of a racy one 3/4 bred. I have a half bred hancock bitch here now 9 months old, nice and rac

My pup off merlin

What type of lurcher do you favour gilbey? i liked the saluki/lurcher cross collie lurcher for edible game.

Posted Images

thanks for the replies i just couldn't understand people saying they wouldn't have pups from them because of the

size variation in the litters, i spoke to a lad who said one of them was throwing really big pups think it was woody

i,m getting another pup after this seasons beating i don,t think that i would be put off about variable sizes in a litter

as long as there not nervous

thanks for the replies i just couldn't understand people saying they wouldn't have pups from them because of the

size variation in the litters, i spoke to a lad who said one of them was throwing really big pups think it was woody

i,m getting another pup after this seasons beating i don,t think that i would be put off about variable sizes in a litter

well if u want a dog 27 and it end up 23 you will be gutted and vice versa buddy, that's what I'm getting at.

Boycey is usually put to the biggest bitcg as well. Woody throws smaller stuff

Edited by Somewhereyournot

well if u want a dog 27 and it end up 23 you will be gutted and vice versa buddy, that's what I'm getting at.

Boycey is usually put to the biggest bitcg as well. Woody throws smaller stuff

it will also depend on the greyhound, if you are set on a dog from Hancock the conformation, size etc is paramount, seen quite a few from the same stud dogs and the size difference TTS" is only been changed by the bitch any of the "naughty boys" have sired, make sure you get one off a youngish bitch of the size you expect, he has a book and records the pup sizes from each mating, Sally will give you her advice for your particular preference, WM

Well, I'm only saying what I have noticed. Merlin covers lots of greyhounds and as a rule throws bitches 24 dogs 26 obviously some bigger.

Never hear of one 22 and the next 28 though lol like you do with naughty boys.

I put it down to naughty boys being bred reverse to reverse instead of a beardy x border collie cross greyhound... Put back to a greyhound.

Edited by Somewhereyournot
  • Like 1

Well, I'm only saying what I have noticed. Merlin covers lots of greyhounds and as a rule throws bitches 24 dogs 26 obviously some bigger.

I put it down to naughty boys being bred reverse to reverse instead of a beardy x border collie cross greyhound... Put back to a greyhound.

The naughty boys weren't bred reverse x reverse ..

How were they bred mate, they were like lurcher to lurcher wasnt they?

they have been line bred so it is not really possible to say their exact genetic cross,as in first or second cross,it also explains why they throw slightly different pups, as the blood is diluted the less reliable the cross,WM
  • Like 1

they have been line bred so it is not really possible to say their exact genetic cross,as in first or second cross,it also explains why they throw slightly different pups, as the blood is diluted the less reliable the cross,WM
that's what iv been getting at lol.

they are 6 generation collie/greys

Sire was close to 3/4 collie and dam was close to 1/4 collie so that makes them almost 1/2 crosses..

they are 6 generation collie/greys

Sire was close to 3/4 collie and dam was close to 1/4 collie so that makes them almost 1/2 crosses..

ai I just asked my mate who has had Hancock dogs for years n he said the scatter bred collie lurcher things lol...

just noticed what I said, lol I meant reverse 3/4 to 3/4 Edited by Somewhereyournot