Great Britain And The 80S

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good times as a young kid I reckon makin dens playin out were ya want Bike rides then crossers n trail bikes on places that have now been built on, makin tarzis "rope swings" gettin into all sorts of

I good days and memories for me, 1958, out with the mates, a right rum lot, lurchers and terriers, we took everything up on them moors, had good hidings off gamekeepers, Anderson shelter in my back ya

Do kids still wear hand-me-downs? Swear every item of clothing I had as a kid had been worn by at least two cousins and one of my brothers before I got it!   We really were dirt fecking poor but wh

Posted Images

My mates parents were rich so he had a raligh bomber we were poor so I had my nans old shoping bike,all the kids at school had football team bags,my mum went to a rumage sale and got me a thomas cook bag and told me all the kids at school would be jelouse because they would think I had been abroad chance would have been a fine thing.

• Like 5

My mates parents were rich so he had a raligh bomber we were poor so I had my nans old shoping bike,all the kids at school had football team bags,my mum went to a rumage sale and got me a thomas cook bag and told me all the kids at school would be jelouse because they would think I had been abroad chance would have been a fine thing.

Genius mate. :thumbs:

Hard times for me the 80's also some of the best times would I go back to the 80's despite being on strike for a year and other personal incidents.......You fekin bet I would.

not on your own thear for one year and two weeks i was free then some cnut called the strike off lol :hmm::thumbs:

I blame that feker Bob Geldof and band aid changing public opinion towards supporting starving Africans instead of striking miners lol

• Like 1

Sunday evenings all sat watching "Bullseye" - 'cos you can treat a bit of Bully !

Look at what you would have won ! It's a speedboat ! (I live in Tamworth, why would I want a speedboat ?)

Smashing, great, super !

• Like 3

And bully's special prize..

Hahaa class bb remember it well Sunday's wouldn't of been the same without it like you say ya can't beat a bit a bully..

On most nights on challenge channel mate lol Jim Bowen was a teacher at my old school (not during my time there) got the sack from Radio Lancashire for using the word "niggardly" got a pay out when the definition was explained to the bosses ffs

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Junior school in the 80,s for me addidas kick trainers and tight jeans. My dad bought our first VHS video recorder ( not betamax lol ) and the remote control was on a lead you plugged in, I can remember trying to keep pausing the fanny and tit shot of kelly le brock in lady in red lol.

Secondry school in 80,s piere cardine ski coat and farrah pants and a fila tracky top with a lyle and scott role neck, buying and selling in school. Off down the fields with my dads webly and scott 22 vulcan climbing out my bedroom window. And trying to buy fiesta or razzle mags from cornershop of bus station with out my school tie on lol. Truly happy days without the restraints of life today, a business to run, bills mortgages mobile phones stupid laws ect.

• Like 5

Sunday evenings all sat watching "Bullseye" - 'cos you can treat a bit of Bully !

Look at what you would have won ! It's a speedboat ! (I live in Tamworth, why would I want a speedboat ?)

Smashing, great, super !

You don't anything for 2 in a bed !!!!

• Like 2

not sure if i am in the right time here but i remember getting a spectrum 48k computer it had a tape player with it that you loaded the games up through, it took for ever. then the Atari with the cartridges come out instant loading. you just had a simple joystick with 1 red button on.

Lol was that the spectrum +2 trigg then after came the Commodor 64 n if someone had one of them they were the talk of the street lol even tho like you say the cassets took ages to load n that screeching sound they made, then a few years later Nintendo n sega hit the streets n brought video games to a whole new level, later on I never botherd with play stations n that I'd lost interest but remember back to the Nintendos n segas they were mustard at the time..

i remember that screeching sound well lol. nintendo had super mario and sega had alex the kid lol. the good old days i remember the snes coming out aswell you really was the kiddy if you had one of those. how its changed now.

• Like 1