Collie Greyhound Crosses

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The brindle bitch on the left, 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie, I had mainly for coursing during late 70's through early 80's.     Below are, dog 1/2 cross, (dead now), Pup, a Hancock bred, roughly 1/4

Anyone else have collie hounds? Have kept them before but I decided I'd get a bitch from a well bred litter I knew of , she's 14" tts and 10 weeks old.    

Posted Images

Got a young collie grey to train up for the ferreting job, not done much with her yet, just basic training, stock and ferret broke, a bit to puppyfied yet, will wait till she settles a bit first. 1st cross, she is a Hancock, i know a lot don't like them but best to find out for myself, she is a nice natured thing, looking forward to training her up, bit of a change from my 2 beddy x. 25" at 9 months.

DSC_1712_zps5rxpxesk.jpg

• Like 9

Got a young collie grey to train up for the ferreting job, not done much with her yet, just basic training, stock and ferret broke, a bit to puppyfied yet, will wait till she settles a bit first. 1st cross, she is a Hancock, i know a lot don't like them but best to find out for myself, she is a nice natured thing, looking forward to training her up, bit of a change from my 2 beddy x. 25" at 9 months.

DSC_1712_zps5rxpxesk.jpg

can't fault my Hancock yet. Seems to have plenty of bottle at 5 month old and all the training is already in place. Just keep him ticking over now

Anybody have a collie X that they used just for foxes? Preban of course

One of the best fox dogs i ever saw was from hancock,he took over 100 in a season,the guy who used to have him was on here but hasnt posted in ages,,it wasnt just the dog however,it was the guy as well,he was obsessional about lamping.

20160814_115504_zps1taa4buf.jpg

How is he at working gnipper? Hard, soft, soft mouthed, wilfull etc. Is he from Hancock? What's his nose like? Sorry for being so nosey but I really like the look of him so I'm curious.
Good nose, skin, jacket and feet etc but he's been a pain in the arse from day one. He's calmed down a bit now he's approaching 3 but I still wouldn't trust him not to act up.
  • Like 1