Collie Greyhound Crosses

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The brindle bitch on the left, 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie, I had mainly for coursing during late 70's through early 80's.     Below are, dog 1/2 cross, (dead now), Pup, a Hancock bred, roughly 1/4

Anyone else have collie hounds? Have kept them before but I decided I'd get a bitch from a well bred litter I knew of , she's 14" tts and 10 weeks old.    

Posted Images

I keep collie xs mate. Ones a beardy border grey X beardy grey X grey. Other is a Hancock 3/4 bred pup, nice pup

I've had two before , one was a good dog and the other not so much but said I'd get this pup as she came up , them dogs sound a nice mix , any pics?

That black and white one looks like a dog my dad had 35 years ago and he said the dog was excellent, we had collie greyhound, deerhound greyhounds for years before our land changed from field to fen.

Anybody remember Eddie Jones 'Celt' my dad knew Eddie and he said Celt was a really good dog.

• Like 1

Saluki- he could be better if I'm honest, he had terrible trouble lat season which was supposed to be his first proper season, so couldn't do alot. This season I'm hoping the long rest etc done him good, he's a good catch dog. Retrieve abit sketchy, putting it down to shoulder injury to be honest. Was out othernight and picked one up first run nice, and retrieve alot better. Hoping to put more Infront of him September though

The pup is something else to be honest, steady eddie lol but once blood is up he's nuts. Best pup iv had or seen about my mates. Quiet kennels,confident, retrieve recall, stock training, swims etc all spot on. Couldn't ask anything else of him.

My whip / bull pup is like that , everything in his stride

The brindle bitch on the left, 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie, I had mainly for coursing during late 70's through early 80's.

Mating%20001.png

Below are, dog 1/2 cross, (dead now), Pup, a Hancock bred, roughly 1/4 collie, which I still have now at seven years old.

img006.jpg

2011_02010003.jpg

2011_02100002.jpg

2011_02100003.jpg

2013_02060009.jpg

Below is another half cross dog I had in the 80's

Toshwithterriers001.jpg

ToshandZander001.jpg

Tosh001.jpg

jumping002.jpg

As you might guess, I've always liked the collie crosses and still do. Get the right one and rear it right and they'll do anything.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 13

Nice pics Maximus ferret. Thanks for sharing them. Can't beat the olduns.

It seems like these collie crosses can be hit and miss, same as most mixes I suppose. But get a good one and they do the lot. Alot of lads speak very highly of them.