I Just Couldnt Help Myself, I Just Had To Try It.

I read the first few pages of this when it first started,I can't be arsed to read another 10 odd it will waste my battery life,

But I'm sure when his other dog was young he done similar an people slated him,but he's still got the dog,

From what I can see he doesn't seem to ruin them or pass them off ,so maybe he knows his dogs and knows when it's right?

End of day his dog he can do what he wants.

An on a side note to open a can of worms would he been better keeping the dog just walking it for a year,then finding out its no good for the job then.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your going to start them young then do it properly and forget silly pissy rabbits get them pulling some proper gear .......  

with the season drawing closer and my new pup getting bigger by the day i have been looking forward to the start of the season, and that first night of light rain and wind.   yesterday mornings for

There has always been a reluctance to risk spoiling/souring a race dog or hare coursing prospect, by overmatching it at an early age,..but, jukels destined to be roustabout catch dogs ,...LURCHERS,...

Posted Images

I read the first few pages of this when it first started,I can't be arsed to read another 10 odd it will waste my battery life,

But I'm sure when his other dog was young he done similar an people slated him,but he's still got the dog,

From what I can see he doesn't seem to ruin them or pass them off ,so maybe he knows his dogs and knows when it's right?

An on a side note to open a can of worms would he been better keeping the dog just walking it for a year,then finding out its no good for the job then.

Best post yet.

Imagine feeding and walking a dog for 2 years then finding out it doesn't want the job. Jesus you would be crying ?

Best post yet.

Imagine feeding and walking a dog for 2 years then finding out it doesn't want the job. Jesus you would be crying ?

a lot of people do wait though gaz. A lot of folk don't do anything with there pups if they catch a odd rabbit here n there then so be it... I for one do wait. I know a lot of lads that do.
  • Like 4

Best post yet.

a lot of people do wait though gaz. A lot of folk don't do anything with there pups if they catch a odd rabbit here n there then so be it... I for one do wait. I know a lot of lads that do.

Each to their own Frankel ?

• Like 1

Best post yet.

Imagine feeding and walking a dog for 2 years then finding out it doesn't want the job. Jesus you would be crying

Then on the other hand you start it 4 month ... It yapps like feck ...get rid of it and it could of been a half decent dog started later on in life....

• Like 4

Best post yet.

Imagine feeding and walking a dog for 2 years then finding out it doesn't want the job. Jesus you would be crying

Then on the other hand you start it 4 month ... It yapps like feck ...get rid of it and it could of been a half decent dog started later on in life....

Like rolling a dice. Lol

Best post yet.

Like rolling a dice. Lol

What I don't understand is you and trigger both have adult dogs supposedly doing the job ... So what was the rush with the pups ...Starting them at that age

• Like 1

Best post yet.

Like rolling a dice. Lol

What I don't understand is you and trigger both have adult dogs supposedly doing the job ... So what was the rush with the pups ...Starting them at that age

It's not about rushing for me, I can't answer for trigger. I like them to be educated in all aspects of the field from young.

I've seen dogs taken out on the lamp at 18 months old. Scared to jump in the dark. Cowering at fences. It's no good. I like them to experience everything. Mine are out ferreting and mooching as soon as they are jabbed. I didn't lamp my red bitch until 8 months. Then again at 10 months, 11 months and 12 months. She did very well on all occasions and I've been happy to give her my all over the summer knowing that when September comes I've got a dog on my hands that is ready for the job. No nasty surprises.

• Like 3

A dog be it a terrier or lurcher ether wants it or not in my opinion -no amount of feeding,exercise or holding back is going to polish a turd.atb dc

So on that note all working dogs should be tested early to see if their worth keepin ,

And if your disappointed with a pups effort of wanting it ?? Where do ya go from there

• Like 2

Best post yet.

ive seen plenty of dogs brought on later on in life that yapp, what do you suggest causes that then? you cant balme there age.

• Like 1