I Just Couldnt Help Myself, I Just Had To Try It.

Exercise in the young human animal etc ,it's all about doing enough has not to. Cause damage boxing swimming running climbing walking are all steady exercise times of old all these exercises were the norm and daily activities to both lads and lassies no modern computers etc.get them out goods tardy sensible exercise and good grub will grow them right man or and dog atb bunnys.

• Like 1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your going to start them young then do it properly and forget silly pissy rabbits get them pulling some proper gear .......  

with the season drawing closer and my new pup getting bigger by the day i have been looking forward to the start of the season, and that first night of light rain and wind.   yesterday mornings for

There has always been a reluctance to risk spoiling/souring a race dog or hare coursing prospect, by overmatching it at an early age,..but, jukels destined to be roustabout catch dogs ,...LURCHERS,...

Posted Images

As said quite a few times now, PUPS NEED TO RUN AND STRETCH, nobody said otherwise. Kids Should do play exercise until they drop. Just like pups they just stop when theyre tired,and the more the better, in all weathers.. play run etc. The danger once again can come when muscle builds but frame not finished, ie 15yr old lad trying to lift massive weights. His muscle may well be strong enough to lift it but his frame is not finished ,and his muscle not fully attached to bone.Bad news.

Back to canine species....12 week old...play,gallop,and learn HOW to run. As long has the pup has the freedom to stop and rest when its tired (just like kids) no harm can come. Only harm can come through restricting the young from natural development. A pup will not develop properly if it is restricted in confined spaces. Again danger arises when muscle has become strong enough to cause damage to its own frame,when that frame has not yet finished growing to take the strain. Im talking here about running dog pups that are growing into strong fast athletes. So if you take a dog of say 9 months out for a run and perhaps chase the odd rabbit,fine,but if he accidentally put a hare up and gave chase,and gave him a pumper..that would be too much,or say taking him out with a lamp and running rabbit after rabbit. This is work and bad for the growing frame. Surely even you can grasp that Gaz.

• Like 2

As said quite a few times now, PUPS NEED TO RUN AND STRETCH, nobody said otherwise. Kids Should do play exercise until they drop. Just like pups they just stop when theyre tired,and the more the better, in all weathers.. play run etc. The danger once again can come when muscle builds but frame not finished, ie 15yr old lad trying to lift massive weights. His muscle may well be strong enough to lift it but his frame is not finished ,and his muscle not fully attached to bone.Bad news.

Back to canine species....12 week old...play,gallop,and learn HOW to run. As long has the pup has the freedom to stop and rest when its tired (just like kids) no harm can come. Only harm can come through restricting the young from natural development. A pup will not develop properly if it is restricted in confined spaces. Again danger arises when muscle has become strong enough to cause damage to its own frame,when that frame has not yet finished growing to take the strain. Im talking here about running dog pups that are growing into strong fast athletes. So if you take a dog of say 9 months out for a run and perhaps chase the odd rabbit,fine,but if he accidentally put a hare up and gave chase,and gave him a pumper..that would be too much,or say taking him out with a lamp and running rabbit after rabbit. This is work and bad for the growing frame. Surely even you can grasp that Gaz.

What do you mean even me? Lol. More than half a dozen decent dog men have been on here backing up my thoughts. All of these start their dogs young as I do, and have had success, as I have had.

I aren't asking you for advice jeemes, nor is anyone else.

Nobody said run a pup into the ground, and giving a sturdy 4-5 month old pup 2 piddly runs on rabbits is certainly not running it into the ground. Surely even you can grasp that?

No I dont think so. I stated right from the start that you are safer running a couple of rabbits with a 5 month pup than an older one 10 or 12 months old.

That's that settled then

I knew we would get there in the end..

No I dont think so. I stated right from the start that you are safer running a couple of rabbits with a 5 month pup than an older one 10 or 12 months old.

That's that settled then

I knew we would get there in the end..

???

Dogs heart and lungs are not developed until 18months to 2years. Over exertion can not only cause physical but also mental damage. Pups should do no more than play run. Being pushed to over exert is bad for them. Biggest cause of defeat in a dog is lack of wind.no matter what the quarry. A dog is not capable of being fully fitness trained until it has finished growing inside its body aswell as out.

You can ruin a good un. It happens all the time.

i think you read to much mate, things aint black and white , exertion , like when kids come in from being out side all day and fall straight to sleep, twins ,ones sat on his fat ass on a computer all day the other helping out on the farm from a young age ,would there be a difference. as iv said before your whole body adjusts to what you do when your young , it most be right because when i was young i could never get a girl friend and iv always been none as a wanker to mates

Perhaps you should read more,and then you might learn to make a bit more sense when you write. Things are fairly black and white with rearing pups. Just like kids they need freedom to gallop,play and sleep,preferably in the warmer months for pups.If you do not have room at home to provide that then you need to take them out into fields everyday to stretch. What they do not need and should not have is over exertion. That is to say too much. Simple...for most anyway. btw an Ass is a donkey. I think you mean Arse!

what about kids, football boxing and all the other sports ,the ones who make it to the top ,do you know what they go through before there 14 and some much younger ,there super fit, and they have to work their guts out to get there, do they end up in wheel chairs by the time their 30,its ok to do it to kids but not pups , i bet you like most on here think the moons made of cheese
anthony Joshua didn't start boxing till late mate he's made it to the top lol

Dogs heart and lungs are not developed until 18months to 2years. Over exertion can not only cause physical but also mental damage. Pups should do no more than play run. Being pushed to over exert is bad for them. Biggest cause of defeat in a dog is lack of wind.no matter what the quarry. A dog is not capable of being fully fitness trained until it has finished growing inside its body aswell as out.

i think you read to much mate, things aint black and white , exertion , like when kids come in from being out side all day and fall straight to sleep, twins ,ones sat on his fat ass on a computer all day the other helping out on the farm from a young age ,would there be a difference. as iv said before your whole body adjusts to what you do when your young , it most be right because when i was young i could never get a girl friend and iv always been none as a wanker to mates

Perhaps you should read more,and then you might learn to make a bit more sense when you write. Things are fairly black and white with rearing pups. Just like kids they need freedom to gallop,play and sleep,preferably in the warmer months for pups.If you do not have room at home to provide that then you need to take them out into fields everyday to stretch. What they do not need and should not have is over exertion. That is to say too much. Simple...for most anyway. btw an Ass is a donkey. I think you mean Arse!

what about kids, football boxing and all the other sports ,the ones who make it to the top ,do you know what they go through before there 14 and some much younger ,there super fit, and they have to work their guts out to get there, do they end up in wheel chairs by the time their 30,its ok to do it to kids but not pups , i bet you like most on here think the moons made of cheese
anthony Joshua didn't start boxing till late mate he's made it to the top lol

Mayweather was in the gym from age 2, didn't do him no harm either mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have no real problems starting a pup of on eny game at eny time of the year...my lamping will start tomorrow with my pup. She's not fully fit....but al post to show how she gets on..

your right i can't read and write very good,but i wouldnt lead anyone down the garden path, your wrong there right, get yourself a pup take it out from 8 weeks then come back in 2 years, until then what you say is not worth a light , trigger knows a lot of people off this sight , since the shit it the fan most have gone to ground but theres one or two who are standing by him, those i will take my hat off to

Christ we've gone from 15 months, to 2 years and now it's 3 years.

Any advances on 3 years? Anyone reckon 4 years?

Lol only kidding mate. I'm sure you're right

I've a bull/grey X wheaten/grey here that I'm sure will be the best dog ever. Just to make sure I won't be running him on anything other than a tennis ball till he's at least 5...

I think I might have been a bit hasty with my old running dog ! I'm out later with the spade to dig her up , her best years are still to come ..?

• Like 2